Great Huts is a place that we will go to again and again. We've been there twice already, the first time in Feb, 2008, with another couple, and the second time just the two of us in Jan, 2010. Paul is a wonderful host. We 've not had the chance to spend time with his wife. This is a place to go if you're not looking for the Hiltons and the Club Meds but want a simpler type of place -I guess "rustic" might be the term - yet it is clean and comfortable. It's in a part of Jamaica that is not filled with tourists and where one can, if one wants to, go and meet real Jamaican people not just waiters and bartenders and maids. We wouldn't look for any other place to use as a base from which to travel in Jamaica. There's a lovely beach and the food iis great, too. Check out the website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Huts: Paradise on the Edge is an oceanfront resort on the lush northeastern tip of Jamaica. Modeled after a traditional West African coastal village, at once both rough-hewn and modern, it is a convergence of nature, heritage, spirituality and technology. Off the beaten path, but not far from the bustle and night life of Boston Bay and Port Antonio, Great Huts' jungle-cliff-beach habitat is a distinctive ecological and cultural experience. The Africana House, a Rastafari Mansion by the Sea with high ceilings and Ethiopian-inspired decor throughout, has a spacious communal room, four regal bedrooms, a 5,000-square-foot rooftop deck and a lotus-shaped deep water pool, resting atop five acres braided with intriguing caves and hiking trails. Great Huts is perfect for the adventurer in all of us, an intimate yet communal getaway or a secluded corporate retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Great Huts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Huts Hotel Port Antonio
- Great Huts Jamaica/Port Antonio