My wife and I spent 4 nights at Great Huts. Dr. Paul has created a special "village" with stunning views, unique tree houses and great staff. Staying here, we felt that we were part of nature. The tree houses are simply amazing. We spent 2 nights in the Fig Tree, which is the nicest of all the "rooms". Very spacious and loaded with cool art. Then we spent 2 nights in the bamboo tree which has a simple bedroom but a great jacuzzi overlooking the beach.
The food is great and the Saturday Night show is a lot of fun! We also got a great massage in our tree house.
The beach is very "natural". I jumped off the rocks into the sea, tried my hand and horseback riding and surfing and we also went scuba diving with Lady G'diva.
Everywhere we went, we met cool people with interesting stories.
We highly recommend staying at Great Huts!.
Back your bags and go! You can thank us later!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Huts: Paradise on the Edge is an oceanfront resort on the lush northeastern tip of Jamaica. Modeled after a traditional African village, at once both rough-hewn and modern, it is a convergence of nature, heritage, spirituality and technology. Off the beaten path, but not far from the bustle and night life of Boston Bay and Port Antonio, Great Huts' jungle-cliff-beach habitat is a distinctive ecological and cultural experience. The African hut and Amerindian tree-house dwellings studded throughout the meandering, five-acre compound are comfortably furnished and decorated with uncommon African and Jamaican artifacts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Great Huts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Huts Hotel Port Antonio
- Great Huts Jamaica/Port Antonio