I booked this hotel last mintute. We we're suppose to stay with family, but due to some unfortunate events we had to change our plans. We stayed here from July 15-July 22 and loved every minute of it. The villa was gorgeous, actually it really blew me away. My expectations weren't that high, often times you see pictures and the hotel isn't what was advertised but this surely was. The view was AMAZING! We arrived at the hotel after 10pm and our dinner was prepared and the table was set, all we had to do was reheat our food. The bed was comfortable which was surprising. I've stayed in the Marriott and some of their beds weren't the best, but I was extremely pleased being that I was pregnant while here.
Our housekeeper was really professional, her meals were delightful. She usually made two separate breakfast because my husband wanted authentic food whereas I preferred my normal bacon and eggs. But she handled it well and my 2 y/o loved her. The staff was friendly the security knew my husband by name, and the AC was god sent. It kept the heat bare able. They also tried to entertain the guests, they had a rum punch party and movie night for the kids which I enjoyed. Wish the music was a bit hipper, but I'm going to assume it is the way it is based on the age of the clientele and I'm a but younger than most.
There were a few reasons I didn't give the hotel 5 stars
1. The hotel didn't carry change, which was a bit frustrating. When I went to the bar to grab some water I had a 1000 bill and they couldn't make change so we ended up spending more than we initially wanted to. Another occurrence was when my husband went to the gift shop to get me a snack and again no change. While they did bring the change the next day, it was still a little frustrating not being able to just make my purchase and recieve my change. Another occurrence was when I went to settle my bill for our stay, and they had no change to give us back, we ended up just putting the change we would have received onto our laundry bill. But it was frustrating for me because I'm not use to not being able to recieve my change after a transaction.
2. There wasn't an outlet in the bathroom, which I found odd. The only reason I knew was because my husband wanted to shave and he couldn't.
3. The bathroom should be better. It wasn't dirty, but the tub needs to be replaced. It wasn't so horrible where you felt like your skin was crawling but it didn't match the caliber of the rest of the hotel. I will agree with other reviewers that certain places needs a bit of TLC, my daughter took the door knob of the closet off with ease and she actually removed the cover of the electrical outlet which scared me a bit.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to friends and I would surely stay here again. Oh I should say it was in very close proximity to 2 beaches. San San and Frenchman cove. We walked to San San and Frenchman cove was about another 5 minutes from there walking. And Reach Falls was amazing as well!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goblin Hill Villas at San San Bay sits on twelve acres of lawns and gardens, overlooking sparkling Jamaican white sand beaches and turquoise Caribbean water.All of our spacious villas are self-contained, with fully equipped kitchens, living and dining rooms, and a wide covered terrace or balcony with its own view over the Bay.The villas open onto wide expanses of lawns and gardens. All bedrooms have private bathrooms, air-conditioning and ceiling fans.Each villa is staffed with a friendly housekeeper to prepare and serve meals, do your shopping and carry out all house- keeping duties. You will find she is also your unofficial ambassador to Jamaica. Our housekeepers are versatile cooks and can prepare local cuisine, as well as international dishes using locally available produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your Goblin Hill Villas at San San reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goblin Hill Villas Hotel Port Antonio
- Goblin Hill Hotel
- Goblin Hill Port Antonio
- Goblin Hill Villas At San San Jamaica/Port Antonio