“Over the Top!!!!”
Review of The Trident Hotel

The Trident Hotel
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Port Antonio
Reviewed 9 December 2013

From the moment I arrived I was treated like royalty by the staff of the hotel. The facilities are modern and stylish and the scenery both from the eternity pool and right outside my suite were stunning. What I like best about the Trident is that I can be as public or private as I like. My suite overlooking the ocean had complete privacy from my room right up to the ocean as a result of the walls that separate each suite making the outdoor showers, bath tub and private pool both fun and comfortable. If I wanted to interact with people I would choose to go to the main pool or bar. It was a great experience! We ate at Mike’s supper club and the food was outstanding with service that was great. In short I was totally recharged!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 December 2013

This newly renovated hotel is in excellent condition. The food and service were top-notch. The view from the infinity pool overlooking the ocean is spectacular. The villas are new, modern, well-appointed and comfortable, many with private pools. The fact that the hotel is not located in a touristy area is part of its charm. It's definitely a place to relax and get away from it all. Most of the oceanfront is rugged although there is a well-protected private beach on the west edge of the property for taking dips in the ocean. It's only about a two minute walk from the beach to the lobby. Villa numbers start near the main part of the hotel and the pool; as the villa numbers go up they get further away from the lobby and closer to the beach.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank AltaMan2013
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

The second I walked in I was in awe! The breathtaking view of the sea as you enter is simply amazing. I went on a tour of the property and i am in love. The villas are all amazing. Vintage design with a modern twist. Very clean and beautiful outdoor showers, own pool...and the staff are very friendly! I cant wait to stay there!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Ayesha D
Reviewed 21 September 2013

MAGNIFICENT!!!!!! I believe this word aptly describes my experience at Trident Hotel. Once I entered the facility all my troubles were immediately swept away..I literally felt like I was in another world. I have been to a number of hotels, locally and some overseas and I have never had an experience like this. I spent most of the day hanging out at the infinity pool, which has an awesome view of the Caribbean Sea. I sat and just listened to the waves crashing onto the shore...damn, It felt like I was in heaven. And the mini-movie theatre is a perfect spot, we got a chance to select our movie and the chairs aren't the ordinary ones that you will find in a movie theatre...super comfortable with a leg rest...one thing was missing Trident, POPCORN!...The room at Trident is AWESOME and super comfortable...and the view from the balcony is just superb....can't wait to go back!!!!!!!!!!!! I would recommend this hotel without any reservation...you will surely get the wow factor when you enter the facility...I LOVE PORTLAND...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank trina256
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Stayed at the newly refurbished Trident Hotel in March and am still talking about the experience. We had light rains the first two-days which gave us the great excuse to tuck into our villa. The modern décor and private pool made it easy to unwind in style and fall into vacation mode. When we re-emerged, we had dinner at Mike’s Supper Club and enjoyed an amazing performance from Port Antonio’s own Jolly Boys. Check them out here: http://jollyboysmusic.com/. We eventually had to pry ourselves from the property to experience the parish itself. We visited Frenchman’s Cove and splashed in the water, climbed down Reach Falls and made friends with some locals, went to Boston for their famous jerk. Note: the only difficult part was choosing which place to eat. Always looking forward to coming back to our luxurious Trident Hotel for a ‘Moscow Mule’ (it’s a drink) at the modern bar and to share our adventures with the incredibly friendly staff. Between the private beach, infinity pool, screening room and gym (yes we went to the gym) we never ran out of ways to treat ourselves. This is truly a one-of-a-kind, luxury experience. Hoping to go back this Fall.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank keithmross13
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The Trident hotel really is very special and if you can afford it then you definitely should go. It is expensive but it is also very special.

The Port Antonio area is stunning and my favourite part of Jamaica. If you like beautiful scenery than this is the place to visit and if you want to spoil yourselves, The Trident is the hotel to stay at.
The area offers tons of activities including gentle river rafting, waterfalls, fantastic beaches and gorgeous scenery. However its not really for the party people - that would be Negril or Mo Bay.

Now your room at The Trident is simply amazing, so amazing in fact, no matter how lovely the surrounding area is, you may not venture far from your villa. This was my second visit to the area and I hardly left my room as its was so incredible. As someone else mentioned, it really is like something out of a magazine. I was speechless for the first few minutes went I first arrived.

All the rooms really do have the wow factor.
In fact they are not rooms, they are villas and come with your own private pool (& it’s a big pool) and tons of outdoor space, all ocean front and very private.

The communal areas are really lovely as well; everywhere is designed for your comfort. Its the perfect place to unwind and relax.

There is even a really cool screening room, like a mini cinema which you can book for private hire.

Trust me on this one – treat yourselves to a very special holiday.

Maybe even combine it with a stay at Geejam first which is the sister hotel that’s nestled at the bottom of the Blue Mountains over looking the sea about a 10min drive from The Trident. Another gorgeous hotel and perfect for anyone who wants to relax in the most beautiful scenery. Geejam has a very cool bar and restaurant as well so if you stay at Trident, its well worth a visit to Geejam's bar and also spend the day or a few hours at their beach.

You can use the facilities of both hotels and it makes for a very cool 2 centred holiday.

Both The Trident and Geejam are perfect for couples who want to relax in gorgeous surroundings.

All I can say is Go !!!

Room Tip: The Studio is the cheapest room and though it is still really special, it doesn’t have its own pool...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank travelagentincayman
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Man did I ever need this trip!! As I entered into the lobby, my stress just melted away. The private villa was very Private, had a VERY large shower, bedroom all white looked very contemporary, with a small but adequate living room. At the back of my villa looked like something out a magazine, a reflecting plunge pool/Jacuzzi with the Ocean as my back drop. Talk about not needing to leave.

I had an outdoor bathtub, that at nights I filled with hot water and bubble bath and just soaked under the stars. For the Men, there is a state of the art flat screen Smart Apple TV that made it able to watch just about everything. The service was Excellent, and this was the cherry on top of it all, food was Great, I have nothing to complain about. The property has its own breath taking private beach. I hav3 to go again REAL SOON.

Room Tip: I am sure ALL rooms are great choices
Hotel Mocking Bird Hill
Hotel Mocking Bird Hill
#4 of 16 in Port Antonio
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island

Been to The Trident Hotel? Share your experiences!