“Usherwood Wedding in paradise”
Review of The Trident Hotel

The Trident Hotel
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Port Antonio
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Trident hotel is exquisite, we went for my nephews wedding. My first impression was breath taking views of the sea, a beautiful private beach, the infinity pool and our own pool/Jacuzzi on the patio of our villa. The service was Excellent. I would like to thank Willard who looked after us at breakfast time, whatever we needed by day 2 he knew our routine and made sure my daughter got her bacon every morning. I would also like to thank Lij for all his help and support, he can do the butterfly better than me. Floyd thank you for taking us to the takeaway the food from Zillas was lovely and the price was very good too. Thank you all, my first Holiday in Jamaica and all I can say is "JAMAICA NICE, JAMAICA SWEET" see you all real soon.

Room Tip: All the rooms are exquisite don't worry, private pool/ Jacuzzi need I say any more.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Sadly I only stayed for one week at this wonderful resort. I shared an amazing villa with my two friends and we really didn't want to leave. My biggest regret is going out to eat - the food is excellent at Trident and the meals outside the resort could not compare with what I ate in Trident restaurant.
The staff are very friendly and attentive. Lij made sure we all had a first class holiday. Willard looked after us at breakfast everyday. The domestic staff attended to our room up to three times a day, making sure we had enough towels and water, turning down our beds at night. The lifeguards on the beach kept their eyes on all of us and even took our 70+ grandma out for a dip every day, holding her hand to keep her steady!
We were treated to a wedding ceremony at Trident, cocktails and hors d'oeuvres on the beach and a great reception up at Trident Castle. We ate out under the stars and twinkling fairy lights. Even the warm rain on the evening couldn't dampen the fun ............ dancing continued under the gazebo. I am told the lobster and chicken BBQ was delicious.
I've been to Jamaica four times previously and I can honestly say this has been my best holiday ever. If you can afford it, go for it.

Room Tip: Every villa I visited was fabulous but we had an infinity plunge pool in Two.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Juannie2014
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Trident is an Excellent Hotel, I went for a wedding in July 2014, My first impression was that I had actually come to Paradise. The views are amazing, the villas excellent. I was truly impressed, the quality of the hotel is amazing, honestly I cannot fault this hotel.

I want to mention a few staff members Lij, who is an all rounder surprisingly he even DJ's and Floyd Thank you for taking us to Godzilla you were really helpful. To the unnamed chef who cooked the corneal porridge for my Grandson, thank you, I want to thank Willard for his help at breakfast times, honestly whatever you want he would make sure you got it. EXCELLENT service. I had a wonderful holiday, hope to return soon.

Thanks GUYS!.

2  Thank Salome W
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Simply stunning! If you are looking for tranquil paradise this is the place to go.

But I must say the staff are what really makes it even more wonderful. Dwight at the pool, Lij as MC, sweet Arthur at the beach can tell you all the best places to go, Byron at the bar makes the best darn manhattans, the lovely Renee, Willard who sources local mangos, Adrian who bust a move with my son keeping him well entertained.
Thank you... Best holiday to date....

1  Thank 1Sunshyne
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My husband, my 5 month old son and I were recent guests at Trident Hotel. We had 2 villas because we also had 2 friends as our guests. From our first encounter with check in to our last encounter checking out, the service was EXCELLENT. The property is well maintained and very private. We loved the privacy of our villa. We were especially impressed with how our needs were met individually, not like the 'one package fits all' service that you receive at bigger resorts.Each dining experience was excellent and I must make special mention of Willard who made sure our breakfast dishes were always done to order and delivered to our villas in a timely manner. He was always so pleasant and accomodative of our requests.The front desk staff was also very informative and pleasant by offering us beach recommendations--which by the way were spot on.
At nights, housekeeping goes to each villa to offer fresh towels and/or linen. The 2nd night they knocked on my door as opposed to ringing my doorbell, and when I opened the door, she said she didnt ring the bell because she knows that we have a baby and he may be sleeping. That just re-confirmed that we made the right decision with choosing Trident as our vacation spot and also that the staff knows their guests on an individual basis.
Listen, I could go on and on by providing many examples of the excellent service this place offers, but in a nutshell they are the best. This has been one of my best vacation experiences ever!!
I would have loved to give kudos to the staff by name but names elude me now---- but EVERYONE there was pleasant and helpful.
To the management- keep doing what you're doing because you're obviously doing it right!!

You have definitely made repeat guests of us!!

Room Tip: Definitely get a room with a private plunge pool!!
4  Thank Tricia H
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed at the Trident Hotel for 5 nights in late June/ early July with my husband. We were met as soon as we got off the plane and escorted through expedited immigration - such a nice service of the hotel! The resort itself is beautiful and the villas are all spacious and face the ocean. We actually booked the smallest villa (studio villa) but were upgraded to a junior villa as the resort was not full. We loved the decor - contemporary luxury meets mid century modern with jamaican touches. The plunge pool and outdoor tub with ocean view were fabulous. We spent time at both the infinity pool and the private beach - both were relaxing and never crowded. The food was very good - pricy, but as expected for a luxury resort. We especially enjoyed a dinner at the Geejam Hotel (sister property). The staff was all friendly but not over bearing - they seemed to go out of their way to make sure they were coming to make up the room when we were at breakfast or away during the afternoon and turn down service always came when we were at dinner. The only (minor) con was the car ride to/from the airport in Kingston - it took 2.5 - 3 hours each way and there were a lot of twists and turns going through the mountains. It could be scenic for some, but as someone who easily gets car sick, it was not ideal - though it was ultimately worth it as we loved out stay at the Trident and would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: All of the villas face the ocean but some have more rocks in front of them than others. We loved vil...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank wonderfelle
Reviewed 5 July 2014

.............from the moment you enter, one know's that they are in a special place. Understated Cool. The rooms are sexy yet super comfortable. All of the details, from the bedding to the outdoor bathtub with a view, add to the pleasure. The grounds at the Trident are stylish with a peaceful vibe. The food was outstanding and adventurous. I would return, if only for the food.......What I real appreciated was that unlike most hotels of this caliber, the staff were down to earth, pleasant and most helpful instead of the annoying little hipsters. Excellent jewel of a hotel in Port Antonio.............

Room Tip: ................one of the best culinary adventures in Jamaica is only just up the road...Boston, th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall

Been to The Trident Hotel? Share your experiences!