“Coming back for our honeymoon!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Trident Hotel

The Trident Hotel
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Port Antonio
Miami, Florida
“Coming back for our honeymoon!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is one of the best hotels I have ever been to. The rooms are very modern, clean and spacious. I could not believe what I saw in the rooms and the views from the patio. It took my breath away! Designers probably worked really hard to make each and every room very unique. Service was outstanding as well! Staff was very professional and very friendly. We had a chance to meet a co-owner of this hotel, who showed us all of the amenities. We enjoyed the bar and the drinks. The pool and view from the pool looked like some place in heaven. It is definitely a very special place to stay at. Also, if you are looking for a nice and quiet vacation, Port Antonio is a perfect place. Beautiful land, friendly people, not many tourists. I enjoyed this part of the island the most!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Salomejja

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the trident hotel for the week of my daughter's wedding. After a year of planning along with my daughter and son in law, like any mother of the bride I arrived at the hotel with excited anticipation. From the moment we entered the reception area we were greeted by Adrian and Lij who with their attention and hospitality, immediately dispelled my exhaustion and jet lag. (They were both also very easy on the eye to all)
As we entered our Villa the squeals of delight from my younger daughter as she explored and discovered that we had a private infinity pool, an outside bath. We also loved the interesting furniture - a theme that was seen throughout the hotel. I fell in love with the chairs. As we met Dionne and Paul's guest in the restaurant we were blown away with the delicious food.
We had amazing sleep in the huge comfortable bed- the pillows were to die for! In the morning I was awakened by a spectacular view from my bed of the waves crashing against the rocks- it felt like paradise. The infinity pool,food and private beach water sport all added to the enjoyment of everyone's stay. The staff were friendly,cheerful,polite and most of all professional. Special thank you to Willard who had my pot of green tea ready every morning,all of the house keepers and ground keepers, catering staff (wouldn't want to name them with the fear of leaving someone out), the amazingly patient front desk staff Kelisha, Floyd and Andre and the two ladies down at the spa who did my pedicure and calmed my nerves on the morning of the wedding.
I cannot thank Shevenice enough for coordinating the wedding which exceeded everyone's expectations. Your attention to detail in executing my daughter and son in laws dream was spot on. A big thank you to Tom Baker for providing his car for transporting my daughter and I to the hotel from the castle, that was a lovely surprise.
As the mother of the bride I did not experience all of the splendid facilities that Trident hotel had to offer ( the breathtaking views from the gym and walk to the castle, and the other restaurant but on my return to England listening to the eXperience of our guest who occupied Trident hotel, Trident castle and Geejam, I have promised myself that I will have to return even if for only a few days!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Denise H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We chose the Geejam collection to host our wedding of 120 guests initially due to the lure of the the impressive Trident Castle, however once shown around Trident hotel and Geejam by Floyd and wedding coordinator extraordinaire Shevanise Harrison we knew that we could not choose anywhere else to celebrate our wedding and introduce our international party to the fabulous island of Jamaica!!

We started our amazing Geejam collection experience by staying in villa 4 for three nights. The villa was breathtaking with a dramatic backdrop of the sea crashing against the rocks just beyond the generous patio and private plunge pool.

The ultra modern interior was just as amazing with all of the luxurious fittings you would expect, we particularly enjoyed the mood lighting throughout (including in the bathroom - nice touch). As we were using this villa to prepare for the arrival of our large wedding party we found the office area of the bedroom with the view looking out to sea relaxing and calming (even with the pressures of last minute preparations for our wedding week). The pillows used at the Geejam collection (on all properties) felt like they had picked the clouds from the sky and placed these on the gigantic beds and the use of blackout blinds meant we always had a good night sleep.

Breakfast at the veranda restaurant was really tasty with a variety of local and international choices and blue mountain coffee which was out of this world!. After a night at Geejam in drum & bass (please see Geejam review) our guests arrived and we relocated with the rest of our bridal party to take over the Trident castle.

We occupied the Master Suite at the castle which was spacious with a traditional elegance. The four poster bed was really comfortable and actually required a run and jump from my wife to climb on to it. The balconies and views were stunning as was the decor throughout the entire castle.

Our guests who stayed in the castle were looked after by what we call the dream team - Riks, Sonya, Miss Paul, Adrienne and Sarnia. Although our party occupied all bedrooms throughout the castle it felt impossible to ever feel cramped and everyone enjoyed exploring the castle, it's art, the grounds quiet spaces such as the library in addition to the games room and other social spaces. We spent mornings and evenings at the impressive dining table and many of our party enjoyed lounging the day away by the castle pool.

We organised a wedding week itinerary for all of our guests including a welcome party, excursions to local places of interest, hen & stag (bachelor/bachelorette) parties plus a neon themed beach party (thanks Lij for turning dj and dance instructor) to bid everyone farewell. Big shout out to Kirk for helping us arrange the transportation and also to all drivers particularly Dwayne & Nicardo for assisting in transporting our guests. Travis, Davian, (front of house) and Kellesha (front desk) provided impeccable service - thank you so much. Trident's private beach became a hotspot for many of our guests who enjoyed the company and guidance of Arthur and Dwight throughout the day with snorkelling trips and paddle boarding lessons. A big thank you also to Byron, Adrian, Renee, Trudy and all of the bar staff as you were very helpful and friendly and made our family and friends all relax and enjoy themselves over at the hotel's explorers lounge.

Wedding day experience

Our wedding was exactly what we dreamed of, mainly down to the hard work and continuous communication throughout planning with Shevanise. Although we live in London our constant Skype and email communication meant that we had absolute faith in Trident being able to deliver our wedding vision. Our ceremony took place at the Trident Hotel infinity pool, our cocktail hour was down at the Trident Beach and reception and after party over at the Trident Castle and was truly magical.

Shevanise sourced the best external vendors for our wedding needs however food, drinks and service were all provided directly by Geejam collection. The food at cocktail hour and the reception is still being commented on weeks after the wedding, and the chefs accommodated our requests for a true "LUXE" Jamaican style menu. Thank you Collin Brown and the entire catering team (including the waiters) for executing such an elaborate tasty menu and exceptional service through the night.

Every member of staff at Trident and Geejam makes you feel welcome and as if any request regardless of time of day/night is achievable. A special thank you to Jon Baker and Beverly Dixon for taking the time out to ensure that our guests and also ourselves were having the true experience that this organisation strives to give all guests. Every guest (not only the 60+ who stayed at Geejam collection for our wedding week) has commented to us that this was a holiday of a lifetime and the venues have marked Port Antonio as Jamaica's best kept secret.

Room Tip: Any villa at the hotel will give you a great experience, although for those with toddlers may wish t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Usherwood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Castle, Trident for a friend's wedding. I arrived at night and so couldn't view much but knew I was somewhere very special, from the high ceiling chandeliers to the old but still playable piano. By morning the Castle views took my breath away. The sea breeze, lush green grounds along with cockerels were out of this world. The castle catered for my everyday modern girl needs - ipad speaker docks, wifi, cable TV and even mobile phones were all provided to help make my stay comfortable.

Last, but by no means least, the hotel staff provided an outstanding service. Thanks to Ricks, Sonia, Miss Paul, Adrienne and Sarnia for making my stay all the more special and thanks to Adrian and Andre (Trident Hotel) for your brilliant service! Shev, thank you for making the wedding a beautiful experience!

If you're looking for a sun filled holiday with breathtaking views and outstanding service I would highly recommend The Castle, Trident.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kerry M
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I spent a week at the magnificent Trident Hotel in Villa 9 for a friend’s dream wedding. From arrival to departure members of staff were very professional, friendly, helpful ensuring our stay was perfect.

On arrival we were welcomed by several staff members who quickly got us checked-in and shown to our villa. Lij did a thorough job of showing us around the villa demonstrating how to use all the gadgets, which included the Apple TV, operating the room temperature to setting up the pool/Jacuzzi. The rooms are beautifully designed in modern deco with different lighting which can be easily controlled depending on your mood. The bathroom is splendid with a huge shower and patio door leading to the outdoor bath overlooking the ocean. Our private outdoor space consisted of comfortable outdoor furniture and private pool…. Although in the open, it is exceptionally private. After a towel was used a fresh new set would magically appear, courtesy of frequent room service and nice touch of the turn down service.

The hotel has its own beach, which I enjoyed sipping a few rum punches and enjoyed chilling in the calm mostly shallow waters.

During my stay I walked along the premises to Trident Castle which was stunning to look and explore its well kept grounds. I also took advantage of the tour of GeeJams, which again is out of this world. As a lover of music the studio tour was spot on!

A short drive away is Port Antonio. If you would like something different away from the dining available at Trident you can find many places to eat… Tasties Patties located by the Texaco petrol/gas station was my favourite! Also within the local area I would also recommend Woodys, which serves a great plantain burger! Boston (the area which Jerk Chicken originated) and a visit to fisherman’s cove are also highly recommended.

All staff at Trident were great. The flow of positive energy from people who are dedicated to their jobs giving the impression of the love for what they do provided a authentic experience which is unforgettable. Unfortunately I cannot remember all staff names but Adrian, Lij and Shevain were exceptional – Thank you!

Trident has to by far the best hotel experience, a place where everyone needs to stay at least once in his or her life… I very much look forward to staying again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

There are so many words to describe Trident/Geejam but only fits the bill, EXCEPTIONAL!!! My villa and grounds were beautiful. The views and whole atmosphere of the whole place is amazing, total luxury. The staff are the dream team, from Angela who picks the weeds from the lawns every day by hand! (true gardener) along with the guy in the blue overalls who was always raking and cleaning up who always said good morning. Susan, Michelle, Basil and Travis who cleaned our villa to perfection everyday, Lij front desk manager who was a great MC on the decks! Shernette, Floyd (best person to ask for local info, places to go visit etc) and Kellesha always ready to help on the front desk. Arthur the life guard with his assistant Dwight keeping everyone safe on the private beach. Arthur gives great snorkeling lessons too. Willard, Sherene and Rene will take care of you in the restaurant, very professional. Thanks the invisible chef who cooked the best fish and chips outside of london! And a special mention to Chef Colin Brown for cooking the BEST wedding food ever for my sons wedding 26/7/14, words cannot describe how good that food was. Big thanks to Jon Baker for allowing the use of his car for my beautiful new daughter in law to arrive to her wedding in style. Trident/Geejam is calm, relaxing, tranquil, clean,happy amazing place. thanks to everyone for making it a great week.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Janetsw1116
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed in Trident Hotel and Castle for my friends wedding last week.
I had the Pink Room in the Castle and felt like a princess for a week.
Rooms were clean and tidy and traditional. All rooms had an Apple TV and Docking speaker for entertainment.
All rooms were also provided with mobile phones so we could contact each other across the hotel's sites.
If you get a chance explore the castle and it's grounds, with it's reading room, chapel and stairs to the ocean.
The staff at the Castle; Ricks, Sonia, Miss Paul and the girls at breakfast Adrienne and Sarnia (I hope I got your names correct) could not do enough to make our stay as pleasant and enjoyable as possible.
In the hotel itself the staff were equally as welcoming and superb, in particular Lij, Adrian, Byron and Wedding Coordinator extraordinaire Shevenice!!!
I cannot recommend this resort enough, particularly for couples or anyone wanting to escape and relax in tranquility.

Nearby Blue Lagoon, Woody's and Boston Beach for jerk should be in the "must do" list.

Room Tip: If you are stating in the hotel request a room with a pool!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,215 reviews
Jamaica Palace Hotel
Jamaica Palace Hotel
#10 of 16 in Port Antonio

Been to The Trident Hotel? Share your experiences!