First of all you need to have a sense of adventure to truly appreciate what the Moon San Villa has to offer, and I honestly can’t say enough about my stay there. I have travelled all over the Caribbean and the Moon San is a unique location in a safe area full of energy. I needed a place to stay in Jamaica because I was in the middle of island hopping and was on a flight layover for only 2 days. I didn’t want to stay in a hotel the whole time in Kingston and I really wanted to make the most of my stay on the island as possible. I came across the Moon San and immediately knew it was something special as soon as I saw the website. Come to find out 2 nights was definitely not enough time, so I already planned a trip back there to finish off my island hopping adventure!! Greg immediately corresponded with me and answered every single question that I had, and I had a lot too because I was traveling solo for the first time to beautiful Jamaica. Greg arranged transportation (for a cost) for me to be picked up at the airport by the most awesome tour guide ever! On the way up to the villa (which is a 3 hour cab ride) we stopped by gorgeous Reach Falls. My driver, Peety was as excited as I was about the waterfalls so he borrowed somebody’s swim trunks and went swimming with me! He showed me all of the underwater caves and even took some great pictures for me also. Very, very cool guy with so much energy! I finally arrived to the villa and was greeted immediately by Marcus who helped me get settled and showed me all around the area including Monkey Island and the Blue Lagoon. He has an awesome personality and truly loves Jamaica who was also a great person and guide. I got to the villa quite late and needed some dinner so Marcus navigated the cab rides with me to a local restaurant and also the Boston Jerk market. Let me tell you Marcus really knows his good Jamaican food! We ended up making the same trip the second night I was there because the food was that good!! He stayed with me the whole time so I felt completely safe, which is important for any woman traveling to a foreign country by herself. Also there is a full kitchen there so you can bring your own food back and cook it whenever you please. The next day I woke up and met sweet Donna who made a great breakfast for me (which is included in your room rate). I wanted to see the blue lagoon again before the day got started so Marcus walked with me through the area down to the lagoon and past the nice locals trying to sell me this or that. Swimming in the Blue Lagoon is amazing between the water is warmed from the sun and cold by the local spring at the same time. Then I met Greg’s daughter Rachel who is an awesome girl! She was taking other guests (who also happened to be females too!) to the most amazing bamboo raft ride down the Rio Grande River. In the middle of the ride Rachel took us hiking through a forest containing Plantains, Banana’s, and Bamboo to a stunningly beautiful natural waterfalls! My camera broke prior to arriving in Jamaica so Rachel even took great pictures for me! Rachel’s legend is true…. she truly runs on Jamaica’s battery’s for real! Again I can’t say enough about the villa so if you want to catch a glimpse of true Jamaica then I highly recommend that you stay at the Moon San Villa...I know I will, again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moon San Villa has all of the charm of an older Jamaican villa that overlooks the Caribbean Sea and is 300 feet from the Blue Lagoon. This villa offers daily COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR 2, FREE USE OF BOAT WITH CAPTAIN for snorkeling and sightseeing to San San Beach, Monkey Island and Blue Lagoon. (If you stay 3 days or longer), you also receive COMPLIMENTARY PASSES TO THE BLUE MOUNTAIN BICYCLE TOUR, #1 tour in Portland. Moon San Villa can be rented per bedroom or take all 6 bedrooms. Moon San Villa offers the perfect blend of peace and tranquility, while enjoying the magnificent natural beauty of the Port Antonio area. Many of the special services offered are private photography tours, in-room massage, beach and mountain horseback riding and private waterfall tours. Upstairs Master Bedroom:$210.00 per night(min. 3 nights stay) Master Bedroom:$190.00 per night(min. 3 nights stay) Bedroom #1:$175.00 per night Bedroom #2:$175.00 per night Bedroom #4:$145.00 per night(min. 3 nights stay) Moon San Stydio: $110.00 per night(min. 3 nights stay) There is a $30.00 charge per night, per room for a third person in a room over the age of 5. Rooms have either a ceiling fan or A/C. (See room descriptions) There is COMPLIMENTARY WI-FI in the whole villa. Buy your groceries or have our staff buy your groceries for you and they will COMPLIMENTARY COOK YOUR LUNCH OR DINNER.Each room has cable-TV and coffee makers with Blue Mountain Coffee. Staff includes manager/housekeeper/cook/boat with captain/tour guide/full-time security. Just 300 ft. from the villa is the entrance to the Blue Lagoon. The lagoon is both fresh and salt water, and water temperatures are warm and cold, which makes swimming a whole new experience. Entrance to the Blue Lagoon is included • On some days you might be the only couple. Three other white sand beaches nearby • Must do's while at Moon San: Blue Lagoon, San San Beach, Frenchman's Cove, Blue Mountain Bicycle Tours, Reach Falls, Rafting on the Rio Grande. Our staff can schedule all of your excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Moon San Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon San Villa Hotel Port Antonio
- Moon San Villa Jamaica/Port Antonio