My girlfriend and I visited the Moon San Villa for 4 night in June 2013. We were a little apprehensive, as we'd had a few interesting experiences getting around the rough and ready roads in the area. We needn't have worried at all - it was fantastic! The building is easily accessible from the main road, and ideally located about 2 mins from the lagoon itself. We had the run of the house during the off-season window and enjoyed an exceptional view of the Blue Lagoon from our bedroom window. Greg, Marley and Miss Donna were excellent, hospitable hosts and we enjoyed trips out to San San beach, exploring the coral reef and swimming in the world famous lagoon (I didn't, but my girlfriend did). I cannot overstate the sheer magnificence of the location. During sunset, hummingbirds came to sip water and greet us on the balcony - and best of all is the lack of touristy rubbish that seems to blight areas like Negril and Montego Bay.
If you're looking for a lovely spot to rest your head, where the locals keep to themselves and you're interested in seeing the real Jamaica. This is your place. Big ups to the Moon San posse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moon San Villa has all of the charm of an older Jamaican villa that overlooks the Caribbean Sea and is 300 feet from the Blue Lagoon. This villa offers daily COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR 2, FREE USE OF BOAT WITH CAPTAIN for snorkeling and sightseeing to San San Beach, Monkey Island and Blue Lagoon. (If you stay 3 days or longer), you also receive COMPLIMENTARY PASSES TO THE BLUE MOUNTAIN BICYCLE TOUR, #1 tour in Portland. Moon San Villa can be rented per bedroom or take all 6 bedrooms. Moon San Villa offers the perfect blend of peace and tranquility, while enjoying the magnificent natural beauty of the Port Antonio area. Many of the special services offered are private photography tours, in-room massage, beach and mountain horseback riding and private waterfall tours. Upstairs Master Bedroom:$210.00 per night(min. 3 nights stay) Master Bedroom:$190.00 per night(min. 3 nights stay) Bedroom #1:$175.00 per night Bedroom #2:$175.00 per night Bedroom #4:$145.00 per night(min. 3 nights stay) Moon San Stydio: $110.00 per night(min. 3 nights stay) There is a $30.00 charge per night, per room for a third person in a room over the age of 5. Rooms have either a ceiling fan or A/C. (See room descriptions) There is COMPLIMENTARY WI-FI in the whole villa. Buy your groceries or have our staff buy your groceries for you and they will COMPLIMENTARY COOK YOUR LUNCH OR DINNER.Each room has cable-TV and coffee makers with Blue Mountain Coffee. Staff includes manager/housekeeper/cook/boat with captain/tour guide/full-time security. Just 300 ft. from the villa is the entrance to the Blue Lagoon. The lagoon is both fresh and salt water, and water temperatures are warm and cold, which makes swimming a whole new experience. Entrance to the Blue Lagoon is included • On some days you might be the only couple. Three other white sand beaches nearby • Must do's while at Moon San: Blue Lagoon, San San Beach, Frenchman's Cove, Blue Mountain Bicycle Tours, Reach Falls, Rafting on the Rio Grande. Our staff can schedule all of your excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Moon San Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon San Villa Hotel Port Antonio
- Moon San Villa Jamaica/Port Antonio