“Excellent Location, Excellent Price”
Review of Moon San Villa

Moon San Villa
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Port Antonio
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We booked two bedrooms for our group of 6 persons and we were thrilled with our choice of MoonSan Villa. We were met by Marley, who greeted us and assisted with parking, getting settled and as a bonus gave us a short tour of Port Antonio later that evening. We needed a place to stay for one night enroute (we were touring the island) and this was our first stop. Great views from our upstairs bedroom greeted us when we woke up the next morning and the delicious aromas of breakfast and freshly brewed coffee was the perfect start to our day. Donna is an excellent cook! The property was immaculate, lots of reading material available for staying in and a boat is available if you want to see more of the Blue Lagoon. I highly recommended Moon San Villa for the tranquility and its central location, the unobstructed views of the Blue Lagoon and that delicious breakfast! A must for those seeking a break from city life.

Room Tip: Choose the bedroom upstairs for the best views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank JamaicanGirlz

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I was treated with nothing but the best of food and servises. The staff was first class, my room was very comfortable, the view out into blue lagoon was beyond words.
If I thought I needed something, it was knocking at my door.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Troy M
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I recently fulfilled my dream of vacationing in Jamaica for the first time and did so with my husband.Our first stop was Moon San. We had seen pictures on trip advisor and read the reviews and wanted to be near the famous Blue Lagoon.No picture we saw was as beautiful as the actual location....What was especially nice was that we saw few tourists.

We were greeted by Very friendly staff,Angela and Marley upon arrival...every day just got better. The local breakfast, the staff...did I mention sweet Donna who made us wonderful local breakfasts, the view, the peaceful , very safe location...the lovely guests? It was perfect..a bit rustic..quaint...eclectic. Marley the manager was an amazing host who gave us a lot of tips and looked after us for our entire stay...San San Beach, the Blue Lagoon,Frenchman's Bay,Rafting on the Rio Grande,Boston Beach etc. Portland is truly amazing and safe with very friendly
people. There is so much for nature lovers to do. We later drove to Ocho Rios and Negril and wished we could return to Port Antonio.

Room Tip: Ask about shower with sufficient water pressure when booking. Showers in some rooms do not function...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sumadh
sansan1999, Owner at Moon San Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Sumadh,

I am glad you had a great time at Moon San. I appreciate your praise of my staff which I think is well deserved. They do try very hard to keep the guests at Moon San happy.

I apologize about the low water pressure at the villa while you were there. Port Antonio was experiencing a severe drought. This sometimes happens on an island and when the country is out of water, you are just out of water. For two weeks, we had water brought in by a truck and pumped into our 15,000 gallon reserve and that is what all the guests at Moon San had to use.
Because of this, the pressure was low.

I hope you are a B-back.

Greg

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Moon San is located steps away from Blue Lagoon and San San beach. A short ride to Frenchman's Bay, Mockingbird Hill, Rio Grande, Blue Mountains. Boston Bay and the incredible Reach Falls are within easy reach. The people of Port Antonio are awesome. Do yourself a favor and visit the real Jamaica by leaving the resort towns and staying at Moon San. Breakfast included fresh fruit from the forest and Blue Mountain coffee. You will never forget your visit to Moon San!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed here after a couple weeks travelling around the country. It was a very nice change of pace. The rooms are inside of a larger house so you feel like a part of a family who is living there. Everyone made us feel at home and gave us good tips about how to enjoy this great part of the country. The house is located right next to the Blue Lagoon so you can walk there and swim. Also, it is easily accessible off the main road which made it a very convenient base to explore the region. Definitely recommended to travellers looking to escape the impersonal feel of hotels...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gg1225
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Being a Jamaican living abroad, I love to play tourist when I return home to my homeland. My family and I usually stay at All Inclusive resorts in Ochi or Montego Bay but decided to try something more on the hidden path for our most recent visit....and Man did we make the Best Choice EVER! Portland is more than a hidden gem and the service provided by Moon San Villa is top notch.
The great service from the staff at Moon San Villa began the minute we inquired about reservations. I just had to book immediately! We booked the Upper Master, as well as the Master bedroom which both had lovely views of the blue lagoon. The upper master bedroom was the perfect layout for my family of 4, which also included an adjoining bedroom for my 3 yr old and 1.5 yr old. The Upper Master is more than worth the price and that is even before seeing the view from the adjoining balcony. Greg even provided a play yard for our busy 1.5 yr old in the adjoining bedroom. The Master Bedroom is perfect for a couple and still has room for an additional bed.

We arrived late at night and had a little trouble finding the villa as it is on a hill. Marley was readily waiting and managed to notice from the balcony that we were in fact lost, as we drove by the villa. He pointed us in the direction of the entrance to the villa and was waiting by the gate once we arrived. We knew then that this was going to be a great vacation! Marley helped us unload and made sure everything was where we needed it to be from the minute we got out of the vehicle. He showed more care, concern and hospitality than I have Ever experienced. We entered the villa and it was like another world from the balcony. Being that it was late Marley gave us a quick run through and wished us a good night.

Upon waking up the following morning I couldn't wait to see the view from the balcony. It was the most refreshing/breathtaking feeling. Shortly after we met our cook Donna, she made us some delicious authentic Jamaican breakfast and it was the best Jamaican breakfast I ever tasted. It is true what they say, Everything is better in Portland! Marley gave us a heads up of places to see, things to do and we were then off to a great time exploring Portland.

We swam in the blue lagoon and visited several local attractions (Somerset falls, Boston Bay, Boston Jerk Centre), but the highlight to our trip was the boat ride provided by Moon San Villa, in which Marley was our captain. We learned a lot of history about the area, as well as who's who in the local community. It was a great way to end our stay.

We more than enjoyed our stay and wish we could have stayed longer. It was the most relaxing, laid back, and all natural vacation. If you are looking for a whole new untouched world, with great views and amazing people, go to Portland! and the place to stay- Moon San Villa! Can't wait return!

Room Tip: Upper Master is a must especially if you have kids!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kai D
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and if spent 5 days at the Moon San Villa and it was absolutely wonderful! The view of the Blue Lagoon was spectacular. Our time there was perfect. It was peaceful, relaxing and just thinking about it brings a smile to my face.
We rented the master bedroom and couldn't have been more satisfied. The a/c was cold, the bed comfortable and we just felt at home the entire time.
The reservation process was easy and efficient. Greg, the owner, was so accommodating and easy to access. While we were there he and Penny were so kind to us.
Donna made us a lovely breakfast each morning as well as some fabulous dinners! She was one of the sweetest ladies I've had the pleasure of meeting.
Marley is awesome. He made sure we had whatever we needed. He arranged drivers for us, took care of anything and everything we needed. I cannot say enough how great he was, he made our stay there what it was - perfect! I wish I had a "Marley" at home to just take care of things for me, life would be smoother!
Really, if you have the opportunity to travel to Port Antonio you HAVE to stay at Moon San Villa. The prices were great, the views incredible, but the people are what made it the best! We cannot not wait to return!
Greg, Penny, Donna and Marley - thank you for your hospitality and making our stay wonderful!

Bill and Carolyn Nevins