My boyfriend and I stayed here at the end of February 2009.
I travel a lot to many different Caribbean islands and always knew I just HAD to go to Jamaica. We chose Port Antonio area because it looked less touristy and very Beautiful!
I dislike all inclusives and had been staring at pictures of the villas on the blue lagoon for some time! When I found Moon San Villa rented by the bedroom I was so excited!
We flew to Kingston and Mr Clarke picked us up and he was such a nice man! We really enjoyed him! It cost $135 usd both ways for a 2.5 hour drive. Although a little expensive He was worth it!
Moon San Villa is very Unique. It is only a minute walk to the blue lagoon which is amazing! The actual house reminds me of a beach/farmhouse, not everything is picture perfect but it feels real and cute.
Bedroom # 4 was what we rented out. It is the only room without a view of the ocean. There is no air conditioning either (however we never felt we needed it) It is not the most luxurious room but it felt "Authentic" It is one of the most private rooms in the house that I could see.
Tips For Room
1.Bring your own soap (no soap in room)
2.Bring your own hangers (no hangers in room if you really wanted to hang things)
3.No Safe in room to lock up valuables.
We never asked Donna or Michael about those three things as we didn't find it to be the biggest deal.
The overall feeling of the house is that you are in a bed and breakfast. Donna and Michael were great! Michelle was all smiles! We enjoyed them all.
There was only one deck and it is the very tiny deck that you see in most the pictures. Not a deck to lay out on and read a book. It is a nice deck to get a fantastic view. The other deck was locked up and closed off. If you got together with a bunch of people and rented the whole place out I could see how you would probably use the house far more. As for us we felt comfortable but not comfortable enough to use all the spaces.
Breakfast was very good! Not the largest portions but we really enjoyed it!
We were told it would cost 1usd to get to and from town. It did but not quite what I expected I suppose! Basically you stand by the side of the road and wait for any car to honk! Then you get in and it is kind of like hitch hiking but everyone does it! It was scary at first because you are not always in a registered "taxi" in fact half the time it is hard to tell which are taxis and which are not. By the end of our trip we loved every second of it! We met tons of locals and wouldn't give up that experience for anything in the world!
Our favourite restaurant by far was Woody's which is not very far from the Villa. We had a great time and HIGHLY recommend going there!
Overall we had a fantastic trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moon San Villa has all of the charm of an older Jamaican villa that overlooks the Caribbean Sea and is 300 feet from the Blue Lagoon. This villa offers daily COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR 2, FREE USE OF BOAT WITH CAPTAIN for snorkeling and sightseeing to San San Beach, Monkey Island and Blue Lagoon. (If you stay 3 days or longer), you also receive COMPLIMENTARY PASSES TO THE BLUE MOUNTAIN BICYCLE TOUR, #1 tour in Portland. Moon San Villa can be rented per bedroom or take all 6 bedrooms. Moon San Villa offers the perfect blend of peace and tranquility, while enjoying the magnificent natural beauty of the Port Antonio area. Many of the special services offered are private photography tours, in-room massage, beach and mountain horseback riding and private waterfall tours. Upstairs Master Bedroom:$210.00 per night(min. 3 nights stay) Master Bedroom:$190.00 per night(min. 3 nights stay) Bedroom #1:$175.00 per night Bedroom #2:$175.00 per night Bedroom #4:$145.00 per night(min. 3 nights stay) Moon San Stydio: $110.00 per night(min. 3 nights stay) There is a $30.00 charge per night, per room for a third person in a room over the age of 5. Rooms have either a ceiling fan or A/C. (See room descriptions) There is COMPLIMENTARY WI-FI in the whole villa. Buy your groceries or have our staff buy your groceries for you and they will COMPLIMENTARY COOK YOUR LUNCH OR DINNER.Each room has cable-TV and coffee makers with Blue Mountain Coffee. Staff includes manager/housekeeper/cook/boat with captain/tour guide/full-time security. Just 300 ft. from the villa is the entrance to the Blue Lagoon. The lagoon is both fresh and salt water, and water temperatures are warm and cold, which makes swimming a whole new experience. Entrance to the Blue Lagoon is included • On some days you might be the only couple. Three other white sand beaches nearby • Must do's while at Moon San: Blue Lagoon, San San Beach, Frenchman's Cove, Blue Mountain Bicycle Tours, Reach Falls, Rafting on the Rio Grande. Our staff can schedule all of your excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Moon San Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon San Villa Hotel Port Antonio
- Moon San Villa Jamaica/Port Antonio