Upon reading MBeckham's nasty review, I just had to write about my own experience at Moon San Villa. My sister, my teenage son, and I stayed there for several nights in the summer of 2007. Not only was the staff wonderful, but they were more than helpful with anything we needed. The ladies (unfortunately I don't remember their names) were friendly, fixed a nice breakfast (my son even got second's because he looked hungry!), and they did our laundry for us. Michael was also very, very helpful! Our room was very clean, there was no TV in it when we arrived, but one was brought in as soon as I mentioned it! Everyone there was very, very warm and welcoming. My son enjoyed lounging around in the tv/entertainment area, my sister and I enjoyed sitting on the little veranda that was right outside of our room. We were also given free passes to get into Frenchman's Cove Beach every day. San San Beach is closer and also beautiful, but you have to pay yourself to get in (though it's not expensive). We ususally just took a route cab to Frenchman's Cove and back. Michael even ran into us in Port Antonio one day and helped us out because we weren't quite sure where to catch a taxi back to Moon San Villa. Our experience there was wonderful, we'd go back anytime! Here's a tip when it comes to Jamaicans....if you are kind and respectful, they will go to great lenghts to help you out. They're very sweet, kind people...a lot of it depends on YOUR attitude! Nuff said!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moon San Villa has all of the charm of an older Jamaican villa that overlooks the Caribbean Sea and is 300 feet from the Blue Lagoon. This villa offers daily COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR 2, FREE USE OF BOAT WITH CAPTAIN for snorkeling and sightseeing to San San Beach, Monkey Island and Blue Lagoon. (If you stay 3 days or longer), you also receive COMPLIMENTARY PASSES TO THE BLUE MOUNTAIN BICYCLE TOUR, #1 tour in Portland. Moon San Villa can be rented per bedroom or take all 6 bedrooms. Moon San Villa offers the perfect blend of peace and tranquility, while enjoying the magnificent natural beauty of the Port Antonio area. Many of the special services offered are private photography tours, in-room massage, beach and mountain horseback riding and private waterfall tours. Upstairs Master Bedroom:$210.00 per night(min. 3 nights stay) Master Bedroom:$190.00 per night(min. 3 nights stay) Bedroom #1:$175.00 per night Bedroom #2:$175.00 per night Bedroom #4:$145.00 per night(min. 3 nights stay) Moon San Stydio: $110.00 per night(min. 3 nights stay) There is a $30.00 charge per night, per room for a third person in a room over the age of 5. Rooms have either a ceiling fan or A/C. (See room descriptions) There is COMPLIMENTARY WI-FI in the whole villa. Buy your groceries or have our staff buy your groceries for you and they will COMPLIMENTARY COOK YOUR LUNCH OR DINNER.Each room has cable-TV and coffee makers with Blue Mountain Coffee. Staff includes manager/housekeeper/cook/boat with captain/tour guide/full-time security. Just 300 ft. from the villa is the entrance to the Blue Lagoon. The lagoon is both fresh and salt water, and water temperatures are warm and cold, which makes swimming a whole new experience. Entrance to the Blue Lagoon is included • On some days you might be the only couple. Three other white sand beaches nearby • Must do's while at Moon San: Blue Lagoon, San San Beach, Frenchman's Cove, Blue Mountain Bicycle Tours, Reach Falls, Rafting on the Rio Grande. Our staff can schedule all of your excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Moon San Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon San Villa Hotel Port Antonio
- Moon San Villa Jamaica/Port Antonio