We arrived at the villa on Monday, April 16th and stayed for a week. My wife, two boys, and myself really enjoyed the villa. We felt relaxed from the minute we got in the door. Everything was taken care of; Dave took our luggage to our room; and Donna made us feel welcome. Donna's a great chef for the villa. You wake up in the morning, head to the dining area, and Donna asks you what you would like to eat. You go out to the balcony, that overlooks the Blue Lagoon, and relax for 15-20 minutes while your breakfast is being cooked. It's incredibly relaxing when you're there. I'm the type of guy that can't relax on a holiday. I like to look at people walk by and take it all in. I like action. I don't want to shut down and I should while on vacation. This place made me shut down - which made my wife very happy -she says I never relax.
There's something about the air in Port Antonio that makes you feel happy to be alive. I found myself smiling most of the time. The villa and the staff really make you feel comfortable - help you slow down from your city day to day grind.
Port Antonio is in the process of being a really touristy spot again. If you want to enjoy the prettiest and safest spot on the entire island then you have to visit it now before you can't afford to. No doubt the prices in the area will soon go up with development. Moon San is still the most affordable Villa/Hotel in Port Antonio. Oddly enough, it has the best view too!
I can't say enough good things about the villa, the food, or the staff - Donna, Latoya, and Dave. They're all very special people! Thanks for showing my family such a beautiful holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moon San Villa has all of the charm of an older Jamaican villa that overlooks the Caribbean Sea and is 300 feet from the Blue Lagoon. This villa offers daily COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR 2, FREE USE OF BOAT WITH CAPTAIN for snorkeling and sightseeing to San San Beach, Monkey Island and Blue Lagoon. (If you stay 3 days or longer), you also receive COMPLIMENTARY PASSES TO THE BLUE MOUNTAIN BICYCLE TOUR, #1 tour in Portland. Moon San Villa can be rented per bedroom or take all 6 bedrooms. Moon San Villa offers the perfect blend of peace and tranquility, while enjoying the magnificent natural beauty of the Port Antonio area. Many of the special services offered are private photography tours, in-room massage, beach and mountain horseback riding and private waterfall tours. Upstairs Master Bedroom:$210.00 per night(min. 3 nights stay) Master Bedroom:$190.00 per night(min. 3 nights stay) Bedroom #1:$175.00 per night Bedroom #2:$175.00 per night Bedroom #4:$145.00 per night(min. 3 nights stay) Moon San Stydio: $110.00 per night(min. 3 nights stay) There is a $30.00 charge per night, per room for a third person in a room over the age of 5. Rooms have either a ceiling fan or A/C. (See room descriptions) There is COMPLIMENTARY WI-FI in the whole villa. Buy your groceries or have our staff buy your groceries for you and they will COMPLIMENTARY COOK YOUR LUNCH OR DINNER.Each room has cable-TV and coffee makers with Blue Mountain Coffee. Staff includes manager/housekeeper/cook/boat with captain/tour guide/full-time security. Just 300 ft. from the villa is the entrance to the Blue Lagoon. The lagoon is both fresh and salt water, and water temperatures are warm and cold, which makes swimming a whole new experience. Entrance to the Blue Lagoon is included • On some days you might be the only couple. Three other white sand beaches nearby • Must do's while at Moon San: Blue Lagoon, San San Beach, Frenchman's Cove, Blue Mountain Bicycle Tours, Reach Falls, Rafting on the Rio Grande. Our staff can schedule all of your excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Moon San Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon San Villa Hotel Port Antonio
- Moon San Villa Jamaica/Port Antonio