Moon San Villa
US$199
Tropical Lagoon Resort(Port Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$159
US$292
US$207
Jamaica Palace Hotel(Port Antonio)
US$188
The Trident Hotel(Port Antonio)
US$759
US$737
Hotels.com
Geejam(Port Antonio)
US$727
US$702
Hotel Jamaican Colors(Port Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$89
All reviewsblue lagoonevery morningblue mountain bike ridereach fallscurry lobsterour room was cleanedfrenchman's coverio grandethe location is perfectbed and breakfastbreakfast was amazingtraditional jamaican breakfastrooms are comfortablevisiting portboston bayhour drivekingston airport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2007

The villa had failed to tell us that there is construction going on right in front of the villa blocking the view of the ocean. The construction workers can look right inside our room. The rooms are very small, including the master bedroom which is not even worth the money. The construction goes on everyday starting at 7:30am until 7:00pm including weekends.

There isn't restuarant around the villa so food will be hard to come by unless you want the cook at the villa to cook for you every night. That would be ok with us but the only options on the menu are chicken or fish.

The ground keeper that lives at the villa will try to scare you to not leave the ground without him, this is so he can make a buck or two out of you. The town is totally safe but like any other place in Jamaica...you will get harrass for money.

The blue lagoon is beautiful but you will get harass on a daily basis just trying to get in to swim.

Stayed: July 2007
10  Thank booley
Reviewed 5 July 2007

My wife and I stayed here in July '06 and it was without question one
of the best lodging experiences we have ever had. The staff was friendly and attentive, Donna was there every morning to whip us up wonderful Caribbean breakfasts (the French Toast was the best) and Desmond was on hand day and night to help us plan activities during our stay. Having a good "concierge" is key in Port Antonio because there are far fewer tourists than on other parts of the island - guides often operate by word of mouth and some of the best restaurants might not even open if there are no reservations for that
day. The nice thing is, when you find something wonderful you have it almost all to yourself and unlike other parts of Jamaica, you
actually get a chance to meet some of the wonderful people who live on this island.

As far as the lodgings go, you will not be disappointed. The entire villa is cheerful and breezy, with a special Caribbean charm. The master bedroom is highly recommended for its balcony. There are also several common area decks with views of the ocean and the famous blue lagoon.

If you are all interested in the real Jamaica, you should definitely check out Port Antonio and the amazing Moon San Villa.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2007

We arrived at the villa on Monday, April 16th and stayed for a week. My wife, two boys, and myself really enjoyed the villa. We felt relaxed from the minute we got in the door. Everything was taken care of; Dave took our luggage to our room; and Donna made us feel welcome. Donna's a great chef for the villa. You wake up in the morning, head to the dining area, and Donna asks you what you would like to eat. You go out to the balcony, that overlooks the Blue Lagoon, and relax for 15-20 minutes while your breakfast is being cooked. It's incredibly relaxing when you're there. I'm the type of guy that can't relax on a holiday. I like to look at people walk by and take it all in. I like action. I don't want to shut down and I should while on vacation. This place made me shut down - which made my wife very happy -she says I never relax.

There's something about the air in Port Antonio that makes you feel happy to be alive. I found myself smiling most of the time. The villa and the staff really make you feel comfortable - help you slow down from your city day to day grind.

Port Antonio is in the process of being a really touristy spot again. If you want to enjoy the prettiest and safest spot on the entire island then you have to visit it now before you can't afford to. No doubt the prices in the area will soon go up with development. Moon San is still the most affordable Villa/Hotel in Port Antonio. Oddly enough, it has the best view too!

I can't say enough good things about the villa, the food, or the staff - Donna, Latoya, and Dave. They're all very special people! Thanks for showing my family such a beautiful holiday.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank bobmarley_om
Reviewed 26 April 2007

Great Villa with views to match - blue lagoon a stone's throw away - great excursions nearby - don't miss Reach falls and Bluemountain bicycle tour

Staff is terrific - Ms.Donna is a woderful cook - go to this place for a perfect relaxing getaway in paradise

Port Antonio is NOT a party town , if you looking to party got to Negril - if you are looking to spend a wonderful/laidback vacation then GO to Moon San Villa

• Stayed: April 2007
4  Thank sooryudu
Reviewed 2 March 2007

I have been long overdue in writing a review but was prompted to after seeing Steves review. My wife and I stayed at Moon San last May and had a fantastic time. It was our first trip to Jamaica and we made a great adventure out of the trip. This is not a four star resort but was an excellent value. The view is ideal and Donna and Desmond are awesome. The owner Greg is a real character. We had some of the best breakfasts I have ever had. For some reason the chickens in Jamaica lay some of the tastiest eggs. It must be because they live in paradise.

Things in the tropics tend to decay much faster than elsewhere. A board could have been painted last week but look like it hasn't been painted in years. The humidity and the storms can do untold damage in a short amount of time. It may look like a property has been ignored but often it is due to the enviornment. The roof did have a leak when we stayed at Moon San but it did not take anything away from our enjoyment of the property. If you are looking for a great place to stay while in PA, I would recommend Moon San. We also met some great people who were also staying at Moon San.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank JohnnyRoaster