“AAA - Amazing Holiday with Amazing people at an Amazing Paradise!”
Review of Moon San Villa

Moon San Villa
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Port Antonio
Reviewed 1 March 2011

Over looking the ocean, Moon San Villa is set at an ideal location for visiting the world famous Blue Lagoon and the Frenchman’s Cove as well as beautiful bays such as Winifred and San San. It is also set in an ideal location for activities such as the Blue Mountain Bike Ride, visit to the Reach Falls and the river rafting at the Rio Grande. Moon San, with a unique character, provides very comfortable accommodation for its visitors. We stayed in the master bedroom which has excellent views of the ocean. It is spacious, decorated in Jamaican style, with plenty of storage space and also equipped with air conditioning. If you stay at the villa, you have a reduced rate for the Blue Mountain Bike Ride. The real icing on the cake is the charming people who run the Moon San Villa. The owner Greg knows everything to know about the area and he is very happy to steer his guests in the right direction. The wonderful Donna is the best chef there is in Port Antonio, possibly in entire Jamaica. Penny has been excellent in explaining everything to us and has been great company to be with. Jermaine is the ‘No problem!’ man! Impossible is nothing to Jermaine – he is there to make you happy! He is the transport man by road or by sea – The latter is with the villa’s boat African Star! Finally, Rachel – a charming person who is both fun to be with but also passionate about Jamaica and its people. Try going snorkelling with Rachel at Temple area which is near Monkey Island! You will love the under water scenery! With her immense energy, enthusiasm and willingless to help the guests, Rachel is definitely powered by Jamaican batteries!! The area of Port Antonio is both tropical and tranquil - totally unspoilt but unlikely to remain like that beyond 2013 – so visitors should plan their visits before then! If you go there, Moon San Villa should be right at the top of your list!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 January 2011

What a fantastic location this is. Right next to the blue lagoon and there is a boat to take you around the surrounding area. Jermaine picked us up at the airport and nothing was too much trouble for him. He took us to anywhere we wanted to go, helped us find the freshest fish and then cooked it for us in the evening. Unusually for Jamaica, he would cook for any time to suit us. I have found in the past that if the staff cook for you they normally want you to eat at 6pm latest which does not suit us at all. As expected there was rain during our stay, but then again Portland would not be as stunning as it is without the rain. We moved on to negril after our stay here and then finished in Treasure Beach, I would highly recommend a stay here as we left feeling very relaxed, well fed and the beauty of the area is outstanding

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2010

My partner and I stayed 8 days at Moon San Villa for celebrating her 30's birthday. Our experience was amazing thanks to our hosts who have introduced us to hidden and beautiful sides of Jamaica. The villa is nearby at an enchanting garden, entrance to Blue Lagoon, which is full of colorful flowers, majestic plants and lovely birds. We had great time with Greg, Rachel, Penny who shared with us enjoyable and genuine time. We were brought to an hidden water fall nearby Rio Grande, which was undoubtedly one of our best memory snapshots, to an ancient dancing show within a charming place made of bamboo and rocks, and to explore the tropical forest which is a masterwork of art while meeting extraordinary persons. We could visit other many places thanks to their advises and helpful arrangements.
If you look for traveling and meeting local people In Port Antonio without being considered just a tourist, this is the perfect gateway. We would advise Mon San Villa to any people who want to discover Jamaica much beyond a touristic outlook.
Luca & Sally

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2010

I was looking to experience true Jamaica. I wanted to have a relaxing and authentic trip. The staff and owners of Moon San Villa exceeded my expectations. I felt like part of the family as opposed to a customer. From the moment I woke up I was in a fairy tale. There is truly hidden beauty in Port Antonio. The people of the Parrish welcomed me with open arms and I enjoyed touring around on foot and with Jermaine the Villa's driver. The Blue Mountain Bicycle tour that comes with the visit is truly an experience of a lifetime. To see the beauty of the mountains as you breathe in the fresh air was truly a lifetime experience for me. Everyone went out of the way to make my entire visit exceptional. I can't wait to visit again! I truly found a piece of my fairy tale atop Fairy Hill, Port Antonio Jamaica!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Alycat01
Reviewed 7 December 2010

My friend and I LOVED Moon San Villa. We went there last month to visit Port Antonio and we stayed at the Villa for two nights. The Inn Keepers are SO hospitable, and the accommodations were extremely comfortable. It was so nice having wireless internet, and everything else promised. The staff is friendly and attentive. At no point did I feel uncomfortable. Morning breakfasts were such a treat. The Blue Lagoon is literally at the footsteps of the Inn. Our excursion on the boat was also fantastic, we went snorkeling, and we were given a nice tour. My standards are high, and I give Moon San nothing but thumbs up.
-Abby

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Moon San is the best. The accommodations are awesome, Greg and Penny are the nicest people you will ever meet and the Moon San staff Rocks! But my favorite part of the Moon San experiene is the complimentary use of the glass bottom boat! The trip to Monkey Island was amazing. Jermain took us out and dropped us off for several hours to explore, snorkel and relax. We went by San San beach and saw baby eagle rays, and in previous trips went out snorkeling with Greg and Penny.

In my opinion Moon San is a great value. You get a yummy breakfast a very comfortable and homey place to stay. Thanks Greg, Penny, Jermaine and Miss Donna (for breakfast & your yummy Key Lime Pie!) We will be back very soon.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RJorge
Reviewed 28 October 2010

The owners of this Villa are some of the nicest people I have ever met. The staff there was also excellent. I would suggest to anyone going to Port Antonio to stay at the Moon San Villa! The only suggestion would be to make the beds a little more comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2010