“like going to the cottage for the weekend- but WAY better!”

Zion Country Beach Cabins
Ranked #3 of 29 Port Antonio B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2010

I can't wait to go back to Zion Country! The staff is very friendly and the cook, Owen makes the best king fish ever! Reach Falls is a MUST see and there's great beaches nearby. Free-I has put a lot of work into Zion Country over the years to make it the tropical paradise it is today. I stayed at Zion for 2 weeks and enjoyed my time relaxing on the beach, exploring Reach falls and taking the route taxi to nearby Port Antonio. Zion has the perfect location if you are looking for a trip free of corporate "tourism" and big resorts. I am definatly going back to Zion next year and I'm looking forward to seeing Free-I, Owen, Tamara and the many friends I had made on my trip. I would highly recommened Zion Country to anyone! -Pix Cooper

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 August 2010

Family of 5 just got back from Zion Country or should I say "Jamaica's Hidden Gem" .I'm a travel agent with the Auto Club and this is the spot! Zion country is in a great location near waterfalls, beautiful beaches with great staff, food, and the best view. This place has clean bathrooms, showers and is well cared. I loved the added touches like lighting on the paths, signs on plants, and fans. Went swimming everyday the water was great as the coolness from the river mixes with the ocean. It is the most beautiful drive..advice don't rush and miss the journey! Thanks Free I, Tamara, and Owen - Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Zion Country provides an amazing opportunity to experience the true Jamaican hospitality. Located just near enough to some of the east Coast Highlights without being swallowed up by them and the attached commercial craziness. ZC makes the perfect base to explore eastern Jamaica or you can just chill out, visit with the locals, snorkel in the bay and forget that you'll have to go back to work eventually.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2010

"Tell her try your best just to make it quick, woman tend to the sick..." I went before Easter and it was the most beautiful and cultural experience. I went to Reach Falls, Rio Grande River and ran/toured the neighborhood. This was the best vacation I have EVER had. I traveled by myself and had a spiritual experience. Come here to see the real Jamaica. It is a tropical and peaceful paradise. No tourist traps here. The local people are friendly as can be, crime is extremely low to nonexistent. Free-I and Bowen/Owen are great hosts. I will be back, the sooner the better! Oh, did I mention that the food is heavenly?

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2010

Zion Country suited us perfectly for a 10 day family vacation. We chose Jamaica, then Portland parish for our destination because it seemed like the ideal combination of natural beauty, real culture, and a relaxed vibe that we were looking for. After reading many reviews online for places to stay, the choice seemed clear that Zion Country was the place for us, and we were right! It's located off the main road, so is relatively quiet, the gardens are stunning, the food was delicious every time ( vegetarian meals were prepared to perfection) the swimming at your doorstep is ideal for younger people, and it's so close to a diversity of wonderful beaches, country trips, and port Antonio. There are two cabins on the sloping hill nestled in the gardens, each split into 2 halves, so a family of four fits nicely if the whole cabin is rented. The neighborhood of Long Road is very friendly and safe, our kids walked up by themselves many times for ice cream and such. Free-I, Owen, and Tamar were generous and caring hosts to us, and helped make our stay in Jamaica worry free and very special.
If you are more interested in unspoiled natural beauty, friendly people to meet, and taking it slow in a more rustic setting, then being pampered alongside hundreds of others at a resort, this place is for you.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Stayed with my family of five. Rustic clean cabins that face a river and Manchioneal Bay. Outside restroom is atop killer stairs but the showers have great view of bay. The food was outstanding, better than all the local places from Manchioneal thru Long Bay.

Free-I is connected, I asked the local rasta men about him and they described how they got together and named him Free-I. I guess it was used by a Radio DJ that got killed so they let him use the name.

Zion is a great place to see the real Jamaica.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2010

We've just got back from our trip to Jamaica.
We really enjoyed our stay at the Zion County.
Friendly people, beautiful garden and view! Really nice to visited the Reach Falls(with guide Rennie) and come back at the lovely place- Zion Country.
We really don't understand the bad review of the lady's from America. They sound like really bad tourist. Maybe next time a all inclusive is better for them, or stay Home! Because Zion Country was perfect

Best Regard