“Delicious.......”

Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Port Antonio
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: Japanese, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located just outside the Explorer's Lounge, the Veranda is a dining area that overlooks an elegant infinity edge pool, which blends naturally with the coastline. Guests may enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner while absorbing exquisite views and the warmth of natural sunlight. The Veranda's interior-to-exterior connectivity makes it a flexible and organic space for ultimate convenience and relaxation.
Charleston, South Carolina
“Delicious.......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Excellent Caribbean/Asian fusion. The adventurous chef takes local ingredients and throws in an Asian twist. All of the products used in this kitchen during my stay were very fresh and succulent. The wait staff were most pleasant which added to the dining experience. Nice!

Visited July 2014

Malibu, California
“Good food combined with great service and a view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Start with a view and in great service combined with good food and you're at The Veranda at Trident.
I can only speak of breakfast. I generally had coffee and fruit, although I did try the Jamaican breakfast and pancakes several days. Both were quite tasty and i recommend for others...I'm not much on breakfast and morning meals.
I enjoyed the positive and professional service as well as being greeted by name and with a pot of coffee within moments of sitting down!
A little pricey for breakfast...but worth it.

• Visited May 2014
eagerbeaverhk, Co-manager at The Veranda at the Trident Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hey SanMo,

Many thanks indeed for all your kind words - in your restaurant, hotel and Bushbar reviews.

One thing I wanted to clarify, was your comment about the price of breakfast. As a paying guest of the hotel, your breakfasts were all complimentary.

I know you had an enjoyable stay here in Porty, and I'm hoping you’ll return, as promised.

1love
Steve
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Great location, good food, very smily service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

We where eating several times here and the kitchen does a good job. Service is very smily and they do a great job...
The standard menu could be more variated and with more ideas. The Japanese specials where amazing!!!! wowww go on like that and this address will get 5 stars..

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Swiss-Ray
beijing
“LUNCH - AN INSULT TO ONE'S INTELLIGENCE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

This is a hotel that is desperately trying to be hip, but which falls short in too many areas to list here. We stopped upon passing and decided to stay for lunch. My following comments may seem picky to some, but when you are paying such an amount of money there is no excuse and a myriad of other places in this price bracket get it right. A table setting with cutlery coated in salt spray, the quality of which (table setting) can be found in many a canteen, a member of service staff whose appearance you would describe as grubby, etc., etc. However, all this fails to compare with the quality of the food. We paid US$33.60 for a salad. This salad was comparable with what I can imagine is served at the likes of McDonalds. It was about 90% iceberg lettuce of the usual tasteless variety it is, with less then half of one tomato and a minimalist amount of shredded carrot, onion, etc. Salad dressing was a one dimensional, extremely sweet puree of mango that tasted commercial. The value for money here even surpasses the dreadful value that I recently suffered at another restaurant. One cannot justify such prices by the quality of the venue, which was not there, nor the view which is the same from so many other places. Sadly, despite the attentions of many staff who were very pleasant and efficient, I am not optimistic that things will improve. This is because of the bizarre approach of the manager/co-owner which speaks volumes. He clearly chose a time that was right for him to speak to his guests, rather than a time that was right for his guests and did not interrupt them. His dress suggested that he was en route from the sun lounger to his room, whilst it was only a couple of minutes into our interruption that we realised Steve was not another guest, when he responded to a question regarding who he was. The comedic value of this crass behaviour provided some relief to an otherwise disappointing experience. Another positive that we did leave with though, was that we were not staying there with that associated cost.

eagerbeaverhk, Manager at The Veranda at the Trident Hotel, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Hello S D,

Please accept our sincere apologies. We're all very passionate here, about playing our part in turning 'Porty' into a destination for the discerning traveler.

Forgive me for interrupting you - my enthusiasm to try to get to speak with all our guests, regardless of whether they stay with us, or are just passing through, got the better of me, and I would hope you could forgive me for that, and again I apologise, for having caught you in passing, without being properly attired.

As the satisfaction of our guests is of the highest importance to us, please trust that had my timing been more fortuitous, I would have addressed your concerns and acted immediately, and I suspect your opinion may have been closer to the reviewers of the hotel: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147314-d3979675-Reviews-Trident_Hotel-Port_Antonio_Portland_Parish_Jamaica.html#REVIEWS.

I understand you ordered the Jamaican Shredded Salad - one of the most popular dishes on our current lunch menu. The cost of the basic salad is $16. Should you choose to add chicken, it increases to $25, and with fish or shrimp added, it's $28, before taxes. I understand you chose the grilled mahi mahi in olive oil. The dressing is indeed a mango sauce, which is made daily on the property, and is served with a variety of other dishes, including our most popular dish - goyozas - a Japanese dumpling. But I appreciate the point you raise regarding quality and value, as we constantly strive to offer the highest of both to all our guests, without exception, and I’m so sorry if we fell short for you. I’d love you to call me on the number on my name-card that I gave you, so we can make it up to you.

As you will have noted, the Trident is located on the sea, and the Veranda is our alfresco restaurant. With the majesty of the water crashing onto the coral, comes a little sea spray. In an effort to remedy your concern, we are now wrapping the cutlery and setting each table as our guests arrive, which will allow our guests to enjoy the dramatic effects of the sea, without tasting it!

I end by thanking you for noting the efficiency and pleasantness of many of our staff, and should you find yourself passing through again, please accept my offer to show you around the whole property, so you can see one or two of the villas and our full facilities. http://www.tridentportantonio.com

1love