“Awesome!”

Ranked #20 of 27 Port Antonio B&B and Inns
Kingston, Jamaica
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I must confess that at first we were contemplating turning back.lol But once we got on the inside it was just homely.
My spouse and I totally enjoyed the night there. The rooms are clean and very welcoming. The lady we saw there was pleasant and i got a tour and the history on the place.

we totally enjoyed it and we will definitely return soon!

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor and it worked for us because my spouse wanted the cable TV. But after t...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tanisha S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We were very happy with our stay at Holiday Home. We stayed for almost two weeks.
Staff and the owner was as friendly as can be. The breakfast was excellent and the rooms were spacious and nice. This is a perfect place to stay if you are looking for a simple, clean and comfortable place to stay. Very good location. Close to shopping, clubs and places to eat. A lot of beaches, waterfalls, river rafting and more nearby. We really miss it and hope to come back one day!
It felt like we were leaving our family when we left, very sad....:(
If you are worried about safety then you can relax. It is a safe place. And well worth the price. Childfriendly too! Bless!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 27 December 2011

My name is LynnPlacht-Scott. Way back in 1974 I first visited beautiful Port Antonio. I have continued coming back home here to Port Antonio. Many times over the years my family and I
stayed at Mrs. Silvera's Holiday Home where one is welcomed very happily and made to feel
most comfortable. Her landscaping is pleasing to the Spirit and eye.The flowers on each table
make one smile. Enjoy the short walk to the town square and meet the people-buy fresh fruit
and crafts. The pier with fantastic beach is a 10 min walk. And if you want to swim the pier
has this too. Holiday Home awaits you with LOVELOVELOVE

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 13 August 2009

I stayed there for 10 days. The room I had was really nice and trust me I am picky when it comes to where I will sleep. The room had a tv,fan(no A/C) but dont worry at night the fan is good enough it is cool at night so the fan feels like A/C, its own bathroom with shower no tub and a door that lead out to the porch that raps around the whole front of the house. Holiday house is just about a 5 minute walk from the center of town and there are a lot of shops and places to go and there is also a bank in town right off the hill. Great resturants and food stands.I stayed on the first floor so im not to sure of how the bedrooms are on the second floor but in all my trip was great I loved holiday home. If you are traveling on a budget and want a great place to stay then holiday home is a good choice.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
NewJersey
Reviewed 10 August 2009

At the Holiday Home GuestHouse it was like staying with a loving family. The staff especially Eulett was pleasant and helpful. The rooms that we stayed in were comfortable with our private hot/cold showers. We had access to the kitchen at anytime of the day with all the kitchen equipments and refreshments on sale such as the real Jamaican beer i drank almost everyday.
The things i love the best at the Holiday Home is the bedrooms and the heritage district of it's location.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Boston,Mass.
Reviewed 31 December 2007

This was a return visit for me so i knew what to expect and was not disappointed except to find the in-house restaurant was gone. The hotel is quite simple but very clean and nice and a good deal for the money. It is walking distance to the library(internet access) and downtown area as well as the beach and pier. I plan to return this year again.

Stayed February 2006