“Excellent dive centre”

Resort Divers and Watersports
Ranked #5 of 16 things to do in Runaway Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a PADI 5 Star facility, located in beautiful Jamaica offering a wide array of scuba diving and watersports. We have locations in the tourist mecca of Jamaica and a new beach facility off the tranquil waters of Runaway Bay. We also offer free pick up service from area hotels and cruise terminals in both Ocho Rios, Runaway Bay and Falmouth.
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Excellent dive centre”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I used this dive centre to do my advanced PADI diving course whilst in Jamaica

I had emailed a few before hand but Everett's email back made me feel instantly at ease so it was an easy choice.

Troy, my dive instructor and Fudge the boat man were brilliant. They had loads off information to give me whilst sailing out to the dive sites.

The Reggae Queen wreck, the cave formation that I swam through were formidable sights, things I will never forget.
Troy was brilliant and instantly spotted that I'd been previously taught to dive with too heavy a weight belt and once that was fixed diving became so much easier.

They will pick you up from your resort and are extremely flexible to fit around your plans.

Heron@resortdivers.com is the easiest way to contact them beforehand.

Can't wait to return and do more diving with them

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Jen W

Telford, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Best dive centre in jamacia”
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

Where do I start can't fault them one bit everett the owner is a great guy funny as well never late picking you up from the resort centre your staying at good dive sites canyon is a must go with either passmore or troy to of the best got to see the bar with 3 bottles of red stipe on the table reck and plane were amazing reefs are some of the best in Jamaica. If you do dive with them just remeber too buy them a drink after the dive one red stripe one gunnuiss and one smernoff

Visited June 2013
2 Thank stephen s
Front Royal, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The Best in the world!”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My husband and I started diving with them back in 1988 on our honeymoon. We continued for 11 years straight until my husband passed away. They are the most wonderful people in the world. Everett will do anything to make your diving AND Jamaican experience memorable and pleasurable. Those are some of my fondest memories. He and his staff are highly trained and all equipment is kept up to the highest standards. We dove on both sides of the island and with other outfits. There is no comparison to Resort Divers. They are the BEST on the island of Jamaica and a MUST if you are diving on the island. Tell Everett Laurie sent you!

Visited June 2013
3 Thank laurieg351
Pretoria, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great hospitality!”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

The day I spent with Resort Divers at Runaway Bay was the highlight of my 7-day trip to Jamaica. The dive sites at Runaway Bay were superior to the ones in Negril. But the hospitality and professionalism on offer were equally impressive. The equipment for rent and the boat were of high quality. Our instructor was very observant and reliable. Also, snacks and drinks were made available throughout the day. On our way back to the hotels. the owner of the shop was also nice enough to take us for a quick tour inland and give us some stories about the development of Runaway Bay. Best value in Jamaica!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Mira S
Paignton, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I dive with my frind Vicki who is a blind diver, usually we face problematic dive companies who are reluctant to take any risk, despite the fact that Vicki qualified with OW with her sight problem, and we usually have to invoke PADI's help to resolve this.
Not this time! Everett contacted me by return of email and eagerly accepted us assuring us that there was no problem that could not be overcome.
They gave us exceptional dives and were more than helpful at all stages of preparation and diving including picking us up from our hotel next door and delivering us back afterwards.
I have dived for many years and Everett and his team were the most laid back yet professional and competent team, keen to make everyones experience memorable and safe.
The dive site are good and varied, the boat is easily accessible and comfortable for everyone.
very much value for money as well. A few bucks dearer than their rivals a few miles down the road but worth it nd the packages on offer excellent value.
"Completely irie"
A special thanks to Ray for his attention and care whilst diving with such friendliness, they will all be talked about fondly for many years, I have

Visited February 2013