My family of 5 visited Jamaica our second time and second FDR resort (Pebbles is no longer FDR). This is a very special place to vacation. The Jamaican people are extremely helpful and friendly and staff are exceptionally so at this resort.
Your vacation nanny (ours was Vivien this time, Sasharee last time - such sweet ladies) makes it her mission to ensure you have the best holiday. We didn't need the diaper-changing or hand-holding but Vivien ensured my 11, 13 and 15 year old boys were fed, watered, sun screened (gentle reminders), and having the time of their lives. She even went off-resort with my soccer-crazy son to watch a few local games with us and made a trip to store to get them Jamaican snack foods and candy, and fresh Jamaican patties for all of us. We liked to have her eat with us - so we wrote notes to allow it. About the nannies - these are special people with patience and skills galore. Walking around resort, I would see them with younger children - providing such amazing care - you have no reason to hesitate to leave yours even if you don't usually.
Having teens and pre-teens was a bit tough as activities are (sometimes) separate for these two age groups. Age cut-off wasn't clear and it changed half way through making it a bit tough for the younger one who was with siblings to start... might want to clarify at start of your stay and see how flexible they will be.
Included snorkeling trips (2 daily) were amazing - they bring bread and the fish come. Scuba (extra $$) right at the pier was great.
Many guests are repeat, and it only takes one stay to realize why - this is more than a holiday. So much to do, you are never bored. Pictures will show small beach, but don't worry - the long beach next door is just a few steps away with great snorkeling.
Other reviews talk about tired facilities and rooms - yes, but I'd happily give up the shopping mall feel of the newer more palatial resorts for the cozy intimacy of FDR. And our 2 bedroom room had more bathrooms (3) than my old house... and my family wasn't squished into one room with a cot, one toilet, and no moving space like 99% of hotels, so in some ways it was luxury!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique all-inclusive family Resort where each family is assigned a dedicated Vacation Nanny to care for the kids from check-in to check-out. All- Inclusive package includes accommodations are in large 1, 2 or 3 bedroom suites with separate living areas,kitchenette and balcony or terrace. Continental, Italian/French/ Indian and Jamaican cuisine from a choice of 4 restaurants, top shelf bar, kayaking, snorkeling, tennis, 4 pools, 100' waterslide, separate kids, tweens and teens programs with supervised daily activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Franklyn D Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franklyn d Resort And Spa
- Franklyn d Hotel Runaway Bay
- Franklyn d Resort All Inclusive
- Franklyn D Resort & Spa Jamaica/Runaway Bay, Caribbean