My review is late but I still feel the need to share my experience. My bf and I stayed here and it was not at all what I was expecting especially for an "All Inclusive Resort". first of all the room a got clearly needed to be put out of order. The room was moldy and I cannot imagine that this is healthy for anyone to inhale. I had to purchase lysol spray and this helped but was not a permanent fix. I reported this an other issues with the room when I arrived and the front desk tried somewhat to remedy the situation quickly. The housekeeper "cleaned" the room but this did not help at all. As I am writing this review I can remember the moldy smell like it was yesterday. The entire room just seemed like they put us in the worst one available because I cannot imagine that all the others were like this. A room change would have been a better solution I think. Hot water was almost non-existent. I am not much of a hot water user but the alternative being very cold was more than I wanted to bare at the time.
The pool was not bad but the man-made beach was not so great at all; much work needed here. Activities were ok but could have been much better. I won a prize so that was good I guess. It really seemed like there wasn't much structure and the staff was just winging it. Night time entertainment was a relief and made being there a little better. The disco was just not happening at all.
Food and Beverage: The food needed help. For someone who doesn't know what good Jamaican food is supposed to taste like I'm sure they would be satisfied. I cook much better food at home! I really hated the meal schedules and the fact that there was only buffet and no a la carte. The drinks were ok.
Service: I don't really know what to say about this in too much detail but I guess the staff did their best?
Overall: the place needs refurbishing and proper management. I didn't feel like I got my moneys worth and I don't think I would put this place on my top ten choices to visit or would I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a nice resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shuttle Bus service attract an extra charge. Airport Transportation attract an extra charge. Free internet service only in lobby area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Club Ambiance reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Ambiance Hotel Runaway Bay
- Ambiance Hotel Runaway Bay
- Resort All Inclusive Ambiance
- Club Ambiance Jamaica/Runaway Bay, Caribbean
- Club Ambience Jamaica