“We loved it!!”

Club Ambiance
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Manchester, England
Reviewed 8 January 2004

The whole experience of Club Ambiance was excellent! The food was great, the rooms were large and kept very clean and the staff were really friendly.

Me and my partner got married at the hotel on the 2nd Jan and we couldnt have wished for a more perfect day.

We would like to thank the wedding coordinator Jasmine and Gary the photographer.

We will definitely be returning as soon as we can!!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

San Diego, CA
Reviewed 23 December 2003

Club Ambiance is awesome if you're looking for an adults only resort that's not built around the "swinging" lifestyle. My wife and I stayed 11 days and were very sad leaving. As many other reviews have stated, the staff is awesome. There are too many to name but we want to pay special tribute to Mark the Shark, Gary the Barkeeper and out favorite waiter Kevin. We now consider each a friend and look forward to seeing them again when we return. As far as the facilities go, it depends on what you are looking for as to what your satisfaction will be. The beach is small so if you want to walk down a seven mile beach at sunset, go to Negril and deal with the crowds. It was perfect for us.
The snorkeling was awesome, almost better than the diving. The deeper reefs are a bit tired (typical of Jamaica these days) but were a good dive. The food was great and plentiful. The snack usually consisted of a grilled type of sandwich and was very good. I do think there's room for improvement in this department. The nightly entertainment was always fun and cycled on a weekly basis so, if you missed something you can catch it the next week if you're going to be around. The drinks were great and plentiful. Beware of the "overproof" rum. It sneeks up on you ;). A special hello to our new friends we made there, Eddie and Betty from England, and Debbie and Rob from Florida.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 December 2003

Had a great time. The food was good and the rooms were spacious. I had a standard room and was a little concerned because of some of the reviews I read befor going. (I brought a small can of Raid for the ants in the bathroom that I read about) When I saw that my room entered from the street side I thought I was in trouble but was very happy with how large the room was and it had a pool/ocean view. I think all the rooms enter from the street side, and they all have a beautiful view. The bathroom window has window slats that you crank down at night, I did use my raid in the bathroom and didn't have any problem with ants at all. Also, I read that hot water was in short supply and was expecting a few cold showers but I took two showers a day and never ran out of hot water. The day before I left they had a huge truckload of new beach chairs delivered. They looked very nice with green cloth instead of just the standard white plastic chairs. I felt mislead by other reviews in that there are a number of other areas at Club Ambiance to swim, sun and relax other than just the main beach or pool. They were also in the process of building a nice Massage Hut. I think this could become a 4 star Hotel with just a small upgrade (the disco in particular)

2  Thank danV6546GR
Columbus, Oh
Reviewed 6 December 2003

If you are looking for sun, sand, good food and alcohol, then Club Ambiance is for you. Don't expect to do anything but relax, eat, drink and have fun!! The staff is what makes this resort so great. The accomodations are average and the treadmill is not working in the workout room, but hey-you are there to relax anyway!! The food was good, the sun was shining and the staff goes out of their way to accomodate your requests. A special hello to Peter, O'Neil, Damien and Lisa White!! I stayed 6 days and was sad when I had to leave. Be prepared for a very bumpy 90 minute ride to and from the airport. Bring a large insulated mug for drinks by the pool or at the beach. Nothing fancy, but you will get some rest and have fun!! I will be back!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Elberta, AL
Reviewed 5 December 2003

we have just returned from jamacia...WONDERFUL...the resort was not a big fancy crowded place...very low key and relaxing. the staff was a delight....so nice to be waited on hand and foot for a change. we met some great folks staying there as well..a shout out to my new friends from london and liverpool,,Kev,,a prison gaurd from london and his girlfriend, a nurse at the same prison, were great fun ,,even when they pushed my drunk ass into the pool after we shut down the karoke bar...if ya'll see this review please feel free to e-mail us.overall i would say that for the price it would be hard to beat this deal.if you are looking to relax and not have a bunch of kids running around, this is the place for you...we had a honeymoon suite that overlooked the sea,,,beautiful view.. and i couldn,t sign off without saying hello to denny and bette from ohio...that ride from the airport is one i will never forget !!!!!signed mike and jody griggers

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 November 2003

My wife and I, who have frequently visited Jamaica, were pleasantly surprised at what a great value we found at Club Ambiance. We booked on line and were quite happy with what we received. This hotel is more in keeping with the Jamaica of old. Just sit around, eat, drink, sun and swim. We had one of the larger "honeymoon" suites, #3, which may be the best room on the property. It was large and had great vistas. Other great redeeming feature. . .no kids and not crowded.

1  Thank JDWeidmann
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 26 November 2003

As a single person and pretty much a loner, I am always looking for the most I can get for budget traveling. This place was it. I absolutely enjoyed it. From the time I arrived until the time I left. The rooms were clean but I could tell they were aging. A remodel is due. I enjoyed the food and definitely the entertainment. We had Michelle Lee as our entertainment one night and she was fab! My favorite dish was the morning callalloo (spelling?) It was excellent and I tried to eat the entire serving! The staff was wonderful and Chris the bartender certainly made the best drinks. He kept my glass full and the plantains coming! The only downside for me was the beach. I am used to walking the beach in the mornings and enjoying the Jamaican sun and this was not possible. The beach is completely surrounded by large rocks. So, if that is not a problem, I thoroughly recommend this resort. You get much for the dollar!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Royal Decameron Club Caribbean
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort
Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Club Ambiance? Share your experiences!