This was my 4th trip to CA.Each time the price has gone up and the value has gone down. It is pretty obvious that the current owners have no interest in any sort of major changes to the facility. I don't mind it as is but the value factor that once was a selling point is long gone.
Considering I had left Canada at the end of March the hotel was around half full upon my arrival.When I departed there were a total of 22 people in house.
I could list endless things that were annoying but the food quality stood heads above any other issue. Breakfast was your best bet and things were fairly bleak after that.
The staff are still great but I am certain that they don't benefit from the higher rates. In fact they suffer since with a lower house count less staff are required.
If they (management) think they can have 80% occupancy with blocks dedicated to the "lifestye" crowd,well good luck with that.
My girlfriend said "guess you will have to find a new favourite place". I think that is true for me and sadly the same for many others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shuttle Bus service attract an extra charge. Airport Transportation attract an extra charge. Free internet service only in lobby area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Club Ambiance reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Ambiance Hotel Runaway Bay
- Ambiance Hotel Runaway Bay
- Resort All Inclusive Ambiance
- Club Ambiance Jamaica/Runaway Bay, Caribbean
- Club Ambience Jamaica