“Cheap getaway... Not the best”
Review of Club Ambiance

Club Ambiance
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The hotel is ok if you are wanting a cheap getaway. The rooms are dated and really need some improvement. The hotel could do with a bit of a makeover. You get what you pay for I guess. The beach is lovely and the staff were pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jayne C

Reviewed 5 August 2014

First of all I must say this place is beautiful with lots of potential. I think this place needs new management. We stayed for 2 nights and we had to find ways to entertain ourselves. Last year we stayed at Jewels for our honeymoon and every night there was entertainment. Club ambiance had no activities for their guest. Limited to no in between meals snacks. The room was nice and comfortable, but the water pressure in the bathroom was very poor. The staff was wonderful, especially Phillip, Julian, Omar, Gary and Lincoln. These people knows about good customer service.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank DonnaLee S
ClubAmbianceJamaica, Public Relations Manager at Club Ambiance, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Happy to know overall it was a good experience. We will discuss with relevant departments of the areas of concern, and hope on your next trip it will be a great stay.

Thank you.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Hotel is tired and in need of a spruce up. Rooms are clean but look a worn out.
Reception staff do try and help.We arrived at check in time (3pm)but had to wait 90mins because the room was not ready.
Food is pleasent but limited in choice.
Unlikely to stay at this resort again.
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.!!

Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
3  Thank Lloyd B
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The best thing about the food was when we were going home! , What company basically cooked Chinese dinner one night the rest of the night I lived of bread and lettuce for breakfast I ate pineapples and orange juice this was how my week. unless the back grill was open and I could get a hamburger if not I would starve we ending up eating of the resort many times. The room were clean with the exception the don't mop the bathroom floor. There were on 7 channels on the TV when you went to relax in your room. You could never get to hot tub because a group of ppl. had taken that over as well as the main swimming pool. It was too much sexually activity going on in public places. I m sure management knew about the group but this is entirely I would summer the entire time I was the I couldn't got it the hot tub hell I was lucky to be able to get a drink without someone giving a BJ right in front of me. Then the band played seems like all night until the club took over so we go very little sleep worst time in Jamaica EVER WILL NE COME BACK HERE

8  Thank toniandmike2005
ClubAmbianceJamaica, Public Relations Manager at Club Ambiance, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We tried our utmost best at all times to fulfill guest expectation. We do apologize if you have received otherwise.

Thank you again, and we still hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I was very happy with my stay. The resort is compact with a small beach and pool both of which are close to the bar. The staff is first rate and very friendly. Evening entertainment is done by professionals and I had no complaints. The kitchen is superb. There is a good selection of food cooked in Jamaican style. Would go back again no problem.

Room Tip: If you like to turn in early, ask for a room away from facing the bar
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Grwoody
ClubAmbianceJamaica, Public Relations Manager at Club Ambiance, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you very much for your review. We are happy that you have enjoyed staying at our resort.

We enjoy keeping our guest happy here at Club Ambiance.
Looking forward in accommodating you again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Let me start off by saying that my entire stay at Club Ambiance was a complete disaster!!!!! My girlfriend and I arrived at the hotel and tried to check into the hotel but found out that the hotel didn't have any of our information in their system. After about an hour of sitting in the hotel lobby, the lady at the front desk finally found our records. The hotel has seen better days, it is in desperate need of renovation and in need of an overall attitude adjustment from its staff. The beach, which is really a small cove; is very disgusting and looks neglected and is not worth putting a toe in the water. The rooms are decent, but also outdated and could use a little face lift. I could hear an entire conversation from the people in the next room and they weren't even talking loud. The food is very basic and not very good and the drinks are made with very cheap mixes and tastes very generic. The final straw for me was when the hotel ran out of clean towels. I don't mind using the same wash cloth and towel for 2 days but after we gave our dirty wash cloths and towels to housekeeping I thought I would get a fresh set of wash cloths and towels, but that did not happen because the hotel was completely out of fresh towels/wash cloths because the hotel was fully booked. We literally didn't get fresh towels/wash cloths until 6pm that night. Overall I don't hotel is in the midst of becoming a complete dump if they continue to neglect the hotel grounds and the hotel itself. Don't waste your time staying here.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank jterry1301

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us your feedback on your stay. We are sorry that all your expectations have not been met during your stay. All concerns will be taking up with the departments involved.

I hope you consider coming back at Club Ambiance again.

Thank you.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

If your thinking of a road trip and need a good overnight place to rest your head.. Then go ahead and book Club Ambiance... Do not expect a 5 star accommodation because its just not. Its a good place to chill.. The food is not much of a variety but their breakfast is very good. The best part of this hotel is the CLUB.... had us dancing all night long... Overall its an ok hotel as i said.. a great chill out with friends!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sweetie P
ClubAmbianceJamaica, Public Relations Manager at Club Ambiance, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for giving us your review on our Resort.
We are happy to know that you have a good time here chilling with your friends.

Thank you again, and we look forward in accommodating you anytime.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Runaway Bay
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort
Royal Decameron Club Caribbean
Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Club Ambiance? Share your experiences!