“Great”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
London, United Kingdom
“Great”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My 21year old son and my 13year old spent one night at the Cardiff this place was so peaceful and quiet a hidden jewel . The staff were excellent the hospitality was great the grounds were beautiful and the location though off the main was easy to find. The wifi was free and worked very well not much attraction for the kids but excellent for rest and relaxation.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ann Marie J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Franklin, Kentucky
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I was contacted by a client to conduct a workshop in Jamaica and both my accommodations and meeting room was located at the Cardiff Hotel and Spa. From the moment that I checked in the staff was very attentive and informative. All offered a pleasant smile and excellent service. The bell-staff did an excellent job in taking me to my room and explaining everything that the hotel had to offer.

The meals were very good and the setting excellent (it was off season but I truly enjoyed the quiet in the evening after a day of lecturing). The location is just several minutes to the beach and transportation is provided. (Not much to walk to but if you like privacy this is a good location. Within ½ hour there are historical sites to visit and downtown's to walk to. From the Montego Bay airport it is about a 45 minute drive (depending on traffic.

Room Tip: Depending on why you are staying at the hotel the location can be outstanding (for meetings) or aver...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank DrMarc9491
Kingsbridge, Devon
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights with my young baby, when I was craving hot water and air-conditioning during a month long stay with my husband's parents up in the hills! From the moment I arrived, I had an absolutely fantastic experience. The staff could not have been more accommodating and helpful, and were friendly and relaxed so that I didn't feel we needed to be on best behaviour all the while. My pet hate is staff that make you feel you're not quite posh enough to be in their hotel! The food was wonderful, a wide ranging menu which includes local food, as well as a range of cuisine for those people who want stick with what they know. The room was immaculately clean and tidy, very quiet and had smart and stylish decor. If you want a hotel which is all inclusive and has painful entertainment every evening, then this is not the place for you, but if you want a quiet, relaxing, peaceful and stress free stay with a bit of luxury and lovely staff then this is it. I don't know how the price when booking from the UK compares, but the local rate of $97 US including breakfast was, in my opinion, an absolute bargain. Special thanks to Shanae and Smiles who were wonderful with my baby boy, Leo.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Char1980
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I recently stayed at this resort and continued to be amazed at how well the grounds are and how caring the staff is. I had a great room with a Jacuzzi tub. The only bad thing was the room was located near the roadway so every car that sped pass and an annoying dog periodically barking throughout the night was an issue. Also the room had an inoperable safe. This hotel is in a renovated stage and I felt safe and secure so having a safe was not a major issue. Security is tight and the ocean views from the hotel cannot be beat. The Breakfast was amazing and reasonably priced. The pool area is also great and the property has a unique decor that will eventually transend the hotel to a solid 4 star property.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the roadway has Jacuzzi bathtubs; however much noiser also.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Runaway Bay, Jamaica
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This is a wonderful hotel! I've traveled to Jamaica on several occasions, mostly to teach short courses. I've stayed at hotels in several places on this island. The Cardiff Hotel and Spa is the best I've experienced. If is beautifully designed, very clean, with well appointed and comfortable rooms, truly scenic views of the ocean, quiet - rural - yet close to many attractions. It's a short walk to Flavors Beach with its broad expanse of clean sand. The grounds are attractively landscaped and maintained. The food is delicious and the service is..... outstanding!! Michelle Thame, the general manager is gracious, welcoming and attentive to all the guests' needs. And her staff is also exceptional. They are unfailingly warm and polite and they extend themselves to help you in every and any way that they can. They make the extra effort to accommodate your wishes. They are expanding their facilities even further and I look forward to a return to see what they've accomplished. I'm sure it will be of the same quality that they already offer. ....Dan Perlmutter

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Daniel P
Woodstock, New York
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I. Recently spent one night at the Cardiff Hotel & Spa. We were on the way to Boston Beach and this seemed like a nice spot for a night. This was much nicer than we expected and did not want to leave. Very nice restaurant at a reasonable price. I've stayed in many small hotels in Jamaica and the restaurant here was on of the best. Quiet neighborhood location about 1/2km from the beach. Beautiful pool, also and nice grounds and gardens.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stevepitt
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I went a long time ago but the pluses are feeling safe, lovely grounds, peaceful and a great private beach with no-one on it most of the time.

also the rooms are really big and clean

Downside is the food was all a bit overdone for me as was the service at mealtimes.

When I was there no-one answered emails I sent so I didn't get a taxi ordered for me to take me from the airport at Mobay to the hotel which is quite a long way away.

When I asked for a morning call nothing was arranged so if I hadn't woken up myself that would have been a problem.

I thought people were keen but the way they were trained was old fashioned. They should try visiting a few five star hotels and see what's happening there instead of looking back to the 1980s

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo