Just got back from a 2 week holiday. the hotel was above expectations, we had hut 39 which was cosy, loved the way the 2nd bedroom was upstairs in the roof overlooking the living area, very quaint! beautiful grounds, very clean and well kept.
Food was very good quality, lots of choice and meat and fish were cooked to perfection - not at all dry like you would expect from buffet style.
pools were well supervised and clean, bar staff very friendly and fast, no waiting in long queues for a drink here!
entertainment crew were hilarious - loved Giggles, Mandy, Bird man, Scooby, Freestyle and showtime onetime, all great dancers and worked all day from 9am to 11pm never complaining, constantly getting everyone involved and entertaining us.
front desk very helpful and polite as are the staff in the complex shop.
hugely disappointed in the amount of drug dealers though! ruined our holiday trying to avoid them. a lot of the staff, especially the ones who help with the luggage constantly try to sell weed to the men, women do not get approached but my partner constantly had to avoid them. as you leave the complex you are immediately see junkies and the old guy in the shop next to paulines says he can get anything from weed to cocaine and tries to get you to buy from him, as do some of the taxi drivers and other junkies who hang about just outside the main gate, very scary. my 11 year old even asked if it was legal to sell drugs in jamaica because so many people were coming up to my partner trying to get him to buy them!
Apart from the drugs issue, jamaica is amazing and so is the royal decameron. the excursions are amazing, i would highly recommend glistening waters - WOW! Southern adventure with a tipple is another brilliant day out, 3 excursions in 1. Cool runnings was fab, climbing the dunns river falls and having a party on the catamaran on the way back - so much fun! Dolphin cove also absolutely amazing, as was braco horse ride with a swim. Kingston was such a long coach drive but the museum was really good. be prepared to buy cd's of photos on most trips as you cant really use your own camera, picture on the cd's are high quality though, but expect to pay US $20-$40 for a cd (US$105 for dolphin cove pics!)
Was disappointed with the flight, expected the dreamliner, but got the thompson plane. the flight was okay, lots of leg room and inflight entertainment was fine but the food was awful.
If you want to eat out, Sharkies, 10 minutes down the road do amazing fish and garlic shrimp.
It's best to take US dollars rather than jamaican dollars, as although the shop on complex takes jamaican money, and it is illegal for jamaicans to refuse their own currency, most things are priced in US$ nothing is cheap in Jamaica, and even in independent shops, the cost of items is similar to uk prices.
If they did something about the drug dealers and junkies outside the complex, I would go back to this hotel tomorrow. Jamaica has so much to offer and is a beautiful country and the Decameron is lovely and friendly. speaking to people from 'posher' hotels in the area when on trips, the decameron sounded much better and happier, very family like, not formal or stuffy at all. over all, I would definitely recommend this hotel, just beware or the drug pushers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Runaway Bay about an hour from Montego Bay International Airport, the Royal Decameron Club Caribbean is located in one of the most beautiful and picturesque place of the island, populated by friendly and happy people. This hotel's architecture offers incredible paths through the gardens and terraces until you reach the 2 swimming pools, one exclusively for adults and another with all the facilities for children. This hotel also has a long dock for sunbathing. The cottage-style rooms bring a tropical environment and let you enjoy the peace of the beach where you can partake in a large variety of water sports. Its restaurants offer many different types of cuisine which range from typical Jamaican flavors to the exquisite tastes of Asian food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Decameron Club Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Hotel Caribbean
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Caribbean
- Royal De Cameron
- Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Caribbean Club Decameron Royal
- Club Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Royal Decameron Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Club Jamaica