Just returned from an amazing trip here.
The staff are amazing, the rooms clean, spacious and comfy. The food is fine and varied, there is always something that you can fancy and the restaurants are good, overall quality of the food is excellent for an all inclusive hotel. The beaches are brill and always being cleaned. The pools are ok, but to be fair we had a beach front bungalow so tended to just use the beach. There are plenty of sunbeds on the beaches so no problem finding somewhere, the hotel is spotlessly clean, the bars are great with good choice of drinks. The entertainment at night is generally good (compared to other similar hotel entertainment) and the resident team do a good job each evening. There is plenty of day time activity if you want to take part. I know I mentioned it earlier but the staff really are superb and don't ask for tips, when you consider the work they put in for the salary they get you can feel a little guilty so we did tend to tip them but waited until the last few days then gave them a decent amount, we were curious if we would get a 'reduced service' if we didn't tip daily but can honestly say that we didn't and all they wanted to do is ensure you were happy.
What wasn't so good, well nothing to do with the hotel but there were a lot of groups of French teenagers who were stoned and drunk and asking everyone for cigarettes and to get them an alcoholic drink. No problem with this as we were all that age once, but we found that the only time we ever saw them with their parents was arriving and leaving so it would have been good to see them keeping a bit of an eye on them whilst they are there
If there is anything missing its a little more drawer space in the bungalows (there was only 1 drawer) and also as there are a number of bays it would be good to make one of them adult only, there is an adult only pool so this doesn't appear unreasonable and would provide somewhere quiet to chill for the day.
Overall we rate this as one of the best holidays we have ever had, this is in comparison to Thompson Sensatori hotels in Egypt, 5* in Gran Canaria and Cuba and countless Greek and Spanish vacations
We will definitely be going back and are already counting the days
Don't be put of by what some people write, although everyone bases their review on their own experience we can honestly say that this is an amazing place and if you go to enjoy yourself you definitely will
Hope the review is helpful
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Runaway Bay about an hour from Montego Bay International Airport, the Royal Decameron Club Caribbean is located in one of the most beautiful and picturesque place of the island, populated by friendly and happy people. This hotel's architecture offers incredible paths through the gardens and terraces until you reach the 2 swimming pools, one exclusively for adults and another with all the facilities for children. This hotel also has a long dock for sunbathing. The cottage-style rooms bring a tropical environment and let you enjoy the peace of the beach where you can partake in a large variety of water sports. Its restaurants offer many different types of cuisine which range from typical Jamaican flavors to the exquisite tastes of Asian food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Club Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Hotel Caribbean
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Caribbean
- Royal De Cameron
- Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Caribbean Club Decameron Royal
- Club Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Royal Decameron Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Club Jamaica