We stayed for 3 weeks in January.
The staff are amazing. They all work very hard. Management even took time out to talk to the guests.
The food is great ( I never once had to resort to the pizza bar. The choice and quality were so good).
Local brand drinks but mostly ok, Red Stripe is a lot better from bottles than on draft.
The huts are good. some are dated but they are upgrading them all.
The gardens are well kept and relaxing just to sit in.
Noise ! We heard dogs barking but we hear that at home too. One morning we woke to the sound of school children singing which was amazing.
Blue mountain bike ride is a must.
Its very relaxing just cruising down the mountain. You get the chance to buy coffee/pepper. We also called at a school.
9 Mile ( Bob Marleys birth place).
Worth a visit if you like the music, just be careful what you buy !!! We paid extra to visit a "plantation". This was just some plants in someones back garden.
We took a taxi that we arranged from just beyond the gate. Its a good place to shop, haggle hard though. We ate in Mama Marleys, food was great priced well.
As the title says we will be going back to the Royal Decameron. We hope this will be for our wedding.
To sum up.
Its small but a fantastic place don't let the bad reviews put you off. Don't forget to have a walk round Salem. Go into the local shops they are a lot cheaper than the hotel one.
"Up grades" were offered to us, we didn't take it up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Runaway Bay about an hour from Montego Bay International Airport, the Royal Decameron Club Caribbean is located in one of the most beautiful and picturesque place of the island, populated by friendly and happy people. This hotel's architecture offers incredible paths through the gardens and terraces until you reach the 2 swimming pools, one exclusively for adults and another with all the facilities for children. This hotel also has a long dock for sunbathing. The cottage-style rooms bring a tropical environment and let you enjoy the peace of the beach where you can partake in a large variety of water sports. Its restaurants offer many different types of cuisine which range from typical Jamaican flavors to the exquisite tastes of Asian food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Decameron Club Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Hotel Caribbean
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Caribbean
- Royal De Cameron
- Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Caribbean Club Decameron Royal
- Club Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Royal Decameron Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Club Jamaica