I've just returned from 2 weeks at RDCC and it was a fabulous holiday. I was worried about the french and not getting the room I booked based on previous reviews. However, the french contract had ended the week before I arrived and I got the room type I had booked (garden cottage through Expedia) so no problems there. FYI, there were a lot of extra guests (mainly Jamaicans) at the weekend (Mothers day) which obviously made pools/restaurants much busier. They all left on the Sunday afternoon. I was there with my Jamaican boyfriend (I'm white, british) and was slightly concerned about attitudes of mixed couples but I needn't have worried. There were actually a number of mixed couples which was good to see.
Really friendly staff! from remembering how I like my coffee in the morning to getting me fresh coconuts from the gardens for my drinks, service was really good. I did tip along the way but think I would have had good service regardless. 500JA$ goes a long way
Beautifully maintained gardens, pools and beaches. There are 4 beaches and 2 pools. You have your pick of sunbeds
Main restaurant food was lovely. Jamaican food served along with 'tourist' food so caters for all tastes.
You can book the 2 a la carte restaurants as often as you like. We much preferred the Thai one (Jasmine Delta) over the seafood one (Nyamings). Jasmine delta is also a snack bar for lunch and midnight snacks from 11pm - 1am. Makes a nice change from the buffet
The room (number 70, garden cottage) was large and very clean. I agree with other reviewers, the decor is a little tired now but still kept very clean. We got fresh flowers on the dresser a couple of times which was a nice touch. The bed was large and very comfortable. The walk in closet was good. Bathroom had a shower over bath, plenty of hot water, good pressure etc. No complaints about the room
wifi was $5US for 1 hour (which you could use over a number of days - just turn off wifi when not using) and you could only get service in the lobby. In my opinion, all hotels now days should provide free wifi, everywhere on the resort. It was a pain to have to sit in the lobby once a day to check mails etc. This could be an easy/cheap thing to remedy and would increase customer satisfaction
Late check out is steep @ $25pp. I only wanted 1 hour (1pm instead of 12pm) but they still wanted $50. I didn't bother as this was too much in my opinion. An hours grace or $10-$15 would have been acceptable
Many more Pros than Cons and I will defo return to this hotel. There were lots of returning guests there which says it all really. You get what you pay for but this resort exceeded my expectations of a 3 star hotel at a fraction of the price of the 5 star Jewels resort down the road. Happy to answer any questions
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Runaway Bay about an hour from Montego Bay International Airport, the Royal Decameron Club Caribbean is located in one of the most beautiful and picturesque place of the island, populated by friendly and happy people. This hotel's architecture offers incredible paths through the gardens and terraces until you reach the 2 swimming pools, one exclusively for adults and another with all the facilities for children. This hotel also has a long dock for sunbathing. The cottage-style rooms bring a tropical environment and let you enjoy the peace of the beach where you can partake in a large variety of water sports. Its restaurants offer many different types of cuisine which range from typical Jamaican flavors to the exquisite tastes of Asian food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Club Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Hotel Caribbean
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Caribbean
- Royal De Cameron
- Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Caribbean Club Decameron Royal
- Club Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Royal Decameron Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Club Jamaica