“Anniversary”

Royal Decameron Club Caribbean
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
“Anniversary”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from 2 fantastic weeks. Please please please do not believe the bad reviews on here, the place is amazing and the staff are fantastic. Go and see for yourselves you won't be disappointed

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
21 Thank Linda T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (899)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I can write a list as long as my arm but this is by far not luxury or all inclusive. For a start for the 2 weeks I was there they constantly ran out of food and alcohol! How ??? This is my 3rd time in jamaica and I will NEVER stay here again! My boyfriend was ill for a week with good poisoning and then myself for 3 days. This was meant to be a perfect birthday gift from my partner to me, and it was far from that it was spent ill in bed! Thanks to all the lovely fly's around the food and the unhygienic buffet area. We were moved rooms 3 times because we were given something that was different to what we had paid for, and then we had stray dogs barking outside our room and then finally ended up in number 42 and wow how disgusting was it. I'm not a complainer but believe me this ain't worth the money. And they have locals in all the time and tell us that they don't have food but then they hand it to the locals, if you need locals to come in and fill the rooms then that says it all. I love jamaica and will be back but at a real hotel and a real resort.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Scissors1989
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Went there for our Anniversary getaway. We were pleasantly surprised with the look of the Hotel . Check-in was smooth and we were provided with a drink as we arrived in the lobby. The cottage was very comfortable and quite bigger in person than expected also very clean.The property is quite beautiful and well kept. I particularly enjoyed the lazy days at the Quiet pool. The entertainment team did their best to keep the vibes up all day and during the nightly shows. 'Birdman' was quite amusing. Food could use a bit more variety and they could improve the quality of alcoholic beverages. There are some big rocks in the water so be careful while swimming. All in all, the cottage experience made the anniversary getaway quite romantic. There was always enough space on the beach to feel some amount of privacy but not too far from major activities. We will be going back.

Room Tip: Choose the garden cottage. Very quiet and peaceful
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rochelle C
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Went here a few years ago with my parents, was the most amazing experience of my life.
It is so perfect, so clean, staff are so lovely and food and drink is nice too. plenty too do but so chilled and relaxed would recommend it 100000 times over!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
11 Thank lucw123
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I must say we were very impressed with this all inclusive hotel. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. We had a nice garden view cottage that was centrally located to all the bars and very close to the beach. The specialty restaurants had great service and food, but you needed to make sure you made a reservation. Rum and beer were about the only choices of drink, apparently the French had consumed all the Jack Daniels and they did not purchase anymore top shelf liquor. The beer was Red Stripe and was to our liking. We took a short taxi ride to Margaritaville in Ocho Rio. I recommend going on Mon night or Wed night for their pool/beach parties.

Room Tip: We liked the garden cottages, but if you want to wake up to the sea view go for it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ldebor7
east london
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Myself my husband my sister & her husband visited between 22nd May & 5th June as great as it was the first time in September 2011. From the minute you arrive you feel the vibe as much as the heat " smile for me Jamacia " lovely people great music everywhere. We stayed at the beautiful Royal Decameron club caribean hotel on Runaway Bay in one of the stunning cottages ( 045 ) beautiful gardens with hammocks to laze in around the cottages which are a mere stride to the georgous beach front, always plenty of sun loungers to choose from in any of the coves along this stretch of beach. The jetty bar with the swings is a great place to chill out & meet with the other guest ( thanks to the Scottish couple who gave me the repel 100 and stopped me getting any more mosquito bites ). And the bartender who made the bob Marley cocktails :) and some others which I can't remember the names of ( they were that good ) the staff at this hotel are exceptional from the lifeguards, bar staff, restaurant staff, gardeners. The entertainment crew are great Freestyle, Stringbean & Birdman, who not only entertained us in the evening but also joined us on the beach, Boom Boom, vanilla, princess all work really hard to get everyone to join in with the fun. We had a great night out at the British bulldog Kareoke night ( coward of the county hilarious ) and jamdung Kareoke night the best Kareoke ever :) thanks to Dawn & Geovanni for taking us to the street party best night ever :) we visited the blue hole near Ochi rios, in the middle of a beautiful forest a lovely oasis of crystal blue water, waterfalls to climb and jump off for the brave ( John you did it ) just smimming in it was so refreshing, what a stunning setting. If you love to party and have a good time this is the place to go. Thanks to Cathy & John who we went on holiday with and all the other people we met there made some great memories of Jamaica 2014.

• Stayed May 2014
10 Thank EastLondonDawn
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Firstly would I return Yes, however I would not return whilst the French animation team are there, I found them to be rude, ignorant and totally over the top. We have stayed in Jamaica lots of times at different hotels And i have to say this is the prettiest resort. We stayed in the courtyard which I have to say could do with closing down and a complete refurb I would not recommend the courtyard to anyone. The bar staff, waiters and waitresses couldn't do enough for you lovely staff got to mention, Tevin, David white in the dinning room and Tanisha at the jetty bar for outstanding service and they really looked after us.the foods was great no problems plenty of variety it was a bit weird if you wanted a snack during the day or after 9.30pm you had to walk to the end of the resort to the Asian restaurant would be good idea to have it in the main restaurant area not a big deal though.. My favorite part of the resort was the jetty bar reggae music all day comfy seating and a view to die for. The night club wasn't great had to beg them to play reggae music the DJ was french he didn't know who beres Hammond was !! Got to mention Freestyle,birdman and Scooby the Jamaican entertainment crew always made a point of making sure we were OK big respect guys
,their shows were very good, wasn't too keen on the Decameron dancers was good a couple of times but then became same dance different costume could do with more local outside entertainment ' the grounds are maintained to a very high standard and the life guards keep the beaches looking great .there are a few shops and a bar across the road we visited lots we felt very safe on the street no problems flavors beach is about a 20 min walk away turn right at main road and keep walking great local vibe, and sharkies sea food is left on the main road very short walk the fish is amazing cooked fresh while you wait, don't be afraid of getting out and about Jamaica is beautiful . We are planning to go back and this time I intend to book one of the amazing cottages. One of the most relaxing chilled out holidays ever this is down to the Jamaican staff for really looking after us. I have marked the room average as we had a courtyard room which wasn't great this does not reflect the rooms or cottages on the rest of the resort

Room Tip: We did not like the courtyard at all, try to book a cottage.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Royal Decameron Montego Beach
Royal Decameron Montego Beach
#23 of 61 in Montego Bay
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,143 reviews

Been to Royal Decameron Club Caribbean? Share your experiences!