“Wish we had more than 1 night here!”

Royal Decameron Club Caribbean
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Caledonia, Wisconsin
“Wish we had more than 1 night here!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Yes, that is correct. My friend & I stayed only 1 night. Stayed at a 5 star down the road for 5 nights & could not get an extra night due to overbooking, so I hopped on the internet & booked for $88 for a cottage.
We wish we would have spent our whole trip here. This resort still has the true Jamaican feel to it. Small & quaint.
Check in was quick & easy. We were met with glasses of punch. The only thing was they did not offer us to purchase the safe lock, and since we were only there one night, we stuffed our valuables in between the mattress.
We hung out at the adults only pool, which was relaxing & just perfect!
The cottage was large, clean, & ice cold a/c :-)
We were unable to get a reservation at the specialty restaraunt & it was not a problem. The food for dinner in the buffet was wonderful with variety & quality 100 times better than the mega resort we stayed at! Breakfast was even better-- food was 500 times better than the big resort!
I would CERTAINLY stay here again. I would be hesitant to bring my 2 teenagers though as I feel it is really more adult oriented. My friend & I were offered 'Bob Marley' & 'adult entertainment' at least 8 times in less than 24 hours by staff members. I polite 'no thanks' was enough, but not sure if my kids would be exposed to this as well.
This resort was a wonderful, peaceful, relaxing night that felt truly Jamaican (this was my 13th trip to Jamaica) & was great after going to a huge mega resort that is owned by a foreign company, which seems to be the norm now in this country.. Try this resort, it is no frills fun!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
11 Thank marknjules1997

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (907)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hotel awsome staff and local people. Beach staff, Fun crew, bar staff, table staff, cooks, and everybody who helps run the RDCC work so hard to keep there guests happy and catered for every need. My second trip and look forwards to returning next year.

9 Thank Jamie_Katie
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Firstly let me say a big than you to Davian manager public relations , Donnovan in dining,Putus maintenance in dining room. Jerome outside bar, Marvin the captain on the cat,
What a lovely experience all,so attentive.and pleasant .
My wife and I went for our honey moon on this occasion,and we defiantly will be returning later this year.best best best,
Atmosphere is so relaxed staff so friendly,variety of food and taste was perfect.
I cannot wait to return,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Donnovan W
Ocho Rios, Saint Ann, Jamaica
Reviewed 20 June 2014

So my girlfriend had mad reservation to stay at this hotel for three (3) nights. The time arrived at this hotel was around 1:00 AM (we had a very long journey from Norman Manley International Airport) when we arrived seem the last front desk personnel was about to leave so we were lucky to have caught him, they bought us some watered down welcome drink and verified out booking info. We had booked the Garden View, seeing that it looked all romantic and ideal for just the two of us but to our surprise we were taken to the court yard room where there were two bed fortunate for us the extra bed came in handy as an holding area for our stuff. The parking was shabby wont lie food particularly breakfast was ok lunch and dinner wasn't bad either they have only one la carte restaurant...wont lie their nightly entertainment is very fun musical and interactive, the room wasn't all that and i was typically annoyed by the low water pressure...the bar though is no where close to the ones at Riu or Sunset Jamaica Grande...it was iight..bottom line is...for a very low budget get away its not a bad place but please don't go there seeking anything high end...it wont happen

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rico884
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We have just returned from two weeks holiday at this hotel and we miss him already.
The houses are fantastic, spacious in a beautiful garden.
The staff is great, they are all friendly and polite. A big thank you goes to maid who diligently cleaning for us and every day she decorated the room with flowers. For entertainment is taken care of, if you want peace, there is enough space for you to retire.
The food is delicious and always has enough choices, omelettes are divine and of course the fruit, which is of particular taste.
Sincere thanks to manager and General menagerju ( Carlos and Lee) for all the friendliness and accessibility, to fantastic animation team - Freestyle, Boom Boom, Ampres, Birdman, Vanilla, Anthony , Kuan - all of you are amazing and very miss you.
Maybe it could be staff in the bar at the main pool a little faster, but hey it's not spoil the overall impression.
It is mandatory to go in Nine Miles and Dunn's River Falls, cheaper than the agency is to hire a taxi to you throughout the day.
Royal Decameron Club hope to see you again soon!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank suzyslovenia
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from 2 fantastic weeks. Please please please do not believe the bad reviews on here, the place is amazing and the staff are fantastic. Go and see for yourselves you won't be disappointed

21 Thank Linda T
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I can write a list as long as my arm but this is by far not luxury or all inclusive. For a start for the 2 weeks I was there they constantly ran out of food and alcohol! How ??? This is my 3rd time in jamaica and I will NEVER stay here again! My boyfriend was ill for a week with good poisoning and then myself for 3 days. This was meant to be a perfect birthday gift from my partner to me, and it was far from that it was spent ill in bed! Thanks to all the lovely fly's around the food and the unhygienic buffet area. We were moved rooms 3 times because we were given something that was different to what we had paid for, and then we had stray dogs barking outside our room and then finally ended up in number 42 and wow how disgusting was it. I'm not a complainer but believe me this ain't worth the money. And they have locals in all the time and tell us that they don't have food but then they hand it to the locals, if you need locals to come in and fill the rooms then that says it all. I love jamaica and will be back but at a real hotel and a real resort.

9 Thank Scissors1989
Royal Decameron Montego Beach
#24 of 63 in Montego Bay
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection

Been to Royal Decameron Club Caribbean? Share your experiences!