Yes, that is correct. My friend & I stayed only 1 night. Stayed at a 5 star down the road for 5 nights & could not get an extra night due to overbooking, so I hopped on the internet & booked for $88 for a cottage.
We wish we would have spent our whole trip here. This resort still has the true Jamaican feel to it. Small & quaint.
Check in was quick & easy. We were met with glasses of punch. The only thing was they did not offer us to purchase the safe lock, and since we were only there one night, we stuffed our valuables in between the mattress.
We hung out at the adults only pool, which was relaxing & just perfect!
The cottage was large, clean, & ice cold a/c :-)
We were unable to get a reservation at the specialty restaraunt & it was not a problem. The food for dinner in the buffet was wonderful with variety & quality 100 times better than the mega resort we stayed at! Breakfast was even better-- food was 500 times better than the big resort!
I would CERTAINLY stay here again. I would be hesitant to bring my 2 teenagers though as I feel it is really more adult oriented. My friend & I were offered 'Bob Marley' & 'adult entertainment' at least 8 times in less than 24 hours by staff members. I polite 'no thanks' was enough, but not sure if my kids would be exposed to this as well.
This resort was a wonderful, peaceful, relaxing night that felt truly Jamaican (this was my 13th trip to Jamaica) & was great after going to a huge mega resort that is owned by a foreign company, which seems to be the norm now in this country.. Try this resort, it is no frills fun!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Runaway Bay about an hour from Montego Bay International Airport, the Royal Decameron Club Caribbean is located in one of the most beautiful and picturesque place of the island, populated by friendly and happy people. This hotel's architecture offers incredible paths through the gardens and terraces until you reach the 2 swimming pools, one exclusively for adults and another with all the facilities for children. This hotel also has a long dock for sunbathing. The cottage-style rooms bring a tropical environment and let you enjoy the peace of the beach where you can partake in a large variety of water sports. Its restaurants offer many different types of cuisine which range from typical Jamaican flavors to the exquisite tastes of Asian food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Club Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Hotel Caribbean
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Caribbean
- Royal De Cameron
- Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Caribbean Club Decameron Royal
- Club Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Royal Decameron Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Club Jamaica