“Mehh...”

Royal Decameron Club Caribbean
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I am just about to check out and I will start by saying: My stay was OK. The premises are very clean, staff polite (more so if you are European, which I am not). I was just disappointed in the food. It was tasty for the most part but for this to be in Jamaica I found it to be rather bland, like cafeteria food. The dining that you make separate reservations for was the worst. I will return to Runaway Bay will try something different next year. Oh, and the excursions. Here is a trick, if you take the hired taxi don't stop on the route to Dunn's River Falls, wait till you get to the park to buy water shoes. There they are $5.00 cheaper, about $10.00 per pair. Better yet bring them with you these shoes you can get anywhere for 5.00 or less in the states.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Najat8

Reviewed 1 July 2014

had a great time! super fun staff, clean facilities, relaxed vibe and beautiful beaches. Even lost our key in the ocean paid for a replacement and they REFUNDED our money because it turned up on the beach!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
14  Thank V B
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I read the reviews for this hotel and was quite dubious. We have just come back and I can honestly say it was the best holiday we've ever had, the garden cottages are little home from homes, if you pay the bit extra and get a beach front one even better. I am extremely fussy and can't complain about anything ( for a change), cottages lovely, great food, entertainment, lovely private beaches, plenty of sunbeds, lovely staff, everywhere in the resort spotlessly clean, thoroughly relaxing and enjoyable holiday would recommend 100% and would love to go again.

Room Tip: pay the little bit extra and have a beach front cottage
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
15  Thank anne s
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Yes, that is correct. My friend & I stayed only 1 night. Stayed at a 5 star down the road for 5 nights & could not get an extra night due to overbooking, so I hopped on the internet & booked for $88 for a cottage.
We wish we would have spent our whole trip here. This resort still has the true Jamaican feel to it. Small & quaint.
Check in was quick & easy. We were met with glasses of punch. The only thing was they did not offer us to purchase the safe lock, and since we were only there one night, we stuffed our valuables in between the mattress.
We hung out at the adults only pool, which was relaxing & just perfect!
The cottage was large, clean, & ice cold a/c :-)
We were unable to get a reservation at the specialty restaraunt & it was not a problem. The food for dinner in the buffet was wonderful with variety & quality 100 times better than the mega resort we stayed at! Breakfast was even better-- food was 500 times better than the big resort!
I would CERTAINLY stay here again. I would be hesitant to bring my 2 teenagers though as I feel it is really more adult oriented. My friend & I were offered 'Bob Marley' & 'adult entertainment' at least 8 times in less than 24 hours by staff members. I polite 'no thanks' was enough, but not sure if my kids would be exposed to this as well.
This resort was a wonderful, peaceful, relaxing night that felt truly Jamaican (this was my 13th trip to Jamaica) & was great after going to a huge mega resort that is owned by a foreign company, which seems to be the norm now in this country.. Try this resort, it is no frills fun!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
11  Thank marknjules1997
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Fantastic hotel awsome staff and local people. Beach staff, Fun crew, bar staff, table staff, cooks, and everybody who helps run the RDCC work so hard to keep there guests happy and catered for every need. My second trip and look forwards to returning next year.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Jamie_Katie
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Firstly let me say a big than you to Davian manager public relations , Donnovan in dining,Putus maintenance in dining room. Jerome outside bar, Marvin the captain on the cat,
What a lovely experience all,so attentive.and pleasant .
My wife and I went for our honey moon on this occasion,and we defiantly will be returning later this year.best best best,
Atmosphere is so relaxed staff so friendly,variety of food and taste was perfect.
I cannot wait to return,

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Donnovan W
Reviewed 20 June 2014

So my girlfriend had mad reservation to stay at this hotel for three (3) nights. The time arrived at this hotel was around 1:00 AM (we had a very long journey from Norman Manley International Airport) when we arrived seem the last front desk personnel was about to leave so we were lucky to have caught him, they bought us some watered down welcome drink and verified out booking info. We had booked the Garden View, seeing that it looked all romantic and ideal for just the two of us but to our surprise we were taken to the court yard room where there were two bed fortunate for us the extra bed came in handy as an holding area for our stuff. The parking was shabby wont lie food particularly breakfast was ok lunch and dinner wasn't bad either they have only one la carte restaurant...wont lie their nightly entertainment is very fun musical and interactive, the room wasn't all that and i was typically annoyed by the low water pressure...the bar though is no where close to the ones at Riu or Sunset Jamaica Grande...it was iight..bottom line is...for a very low budget get away its not a bad place but please don't go there seeking anything high end...it wont happen

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort
Royal Decameron Montego Beach
Royal Decameron Montego Beach
#25 of 64 in Montego Bay

Been to Royal Decameron Club Caribbean? Share your experiences!