We stayed from 2/26/05 to 3/5/05. Day 1 – Yes it is almost 2 hours from the Montego Bay Airport, but worth the trip. When we arrived at the RD I was ready to do battle after reading all the reviews of overbooking but was surprised to find that all was not as I had heard. We quickly checked into our Garden View Cabana, the air conditioner did not work but it was quickly remedied. Beautiful accommodations in a quiet Garden setting with a Banana tree directly in front of our Cabana. We went to checkout the property and quickly arrived at the beach, a bit pebbly but overall a beautiful stretch of beach (we did not go to walk the beach but to enjoy the sun). Afterwards we discovered the bar by the pool, the center of most of the action here. A great list of specialty drinks is on the menu over the center of the bar (try one or all or ask for anything in between). If you plan to stay near the bar all day long a tip to the bartender when you receive your first drink will make sure that when your drink is almost empty a new one will be available without asking.
Day 2 to 7 – Arose at 7 and wandered over to the buffet and was surprised to find that all the breakfast trimmings were ready, along with good coffee, teas and breads. From there we went directly to the pool and staked out our lounges, it wasn’t long before the entertainment committee was actively hunting for guests to join them in the pool for aerobics. Then it was pool volleyball and then the games began. There was always a contest of some sort going on and the entertainment committee was looking for volunteers (don’t be afraid it was always harmless fun). Lunch is from noon to 2 and by this time I was well past my first drink. Although the food was not the Best I had ever had, there was always something tasty to try. By 4:30 I was ready for a shower and a change of clothes by 6:30 we were back at the bar (the bartender remembered us and our drinks were ready when we arrived, this went on all week). Dinner was served from 7 to 9, followed by either music or the entertainment committee looking for more victims. (they got us twice and both times we had a blast).
Day 8 – We sadly said our goodbyes to the staff that took so good care of us for the past week. We had to leave but the week was better than I had anticipated and we promised to return.
One warning, when going shopping in Ocho Rios beware of the flea market, they will follow you until you buy something, then they all have something different to sell you. If you can avoid the Flea Market do so, unless you like that sort of experience. Do not forget to haggle over prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Runaway Bay about an hour from Montego Bay International Airport, the Royal Decameron Club Caribbean is located in one of the most beautiful and picturesque place of the island, populated by friendly and happy people. This hotel's architecture offers incredible paths through the gardens and terraces until you reach the 2 swimming pools, one exclusively for adults and another with all the facilities for children. This hotel also has a long dock for sunbathing. The cottage-style rooms bring a tropical environment and let you enjoy the peace of the beach where you can partake in a large variety of water sports. Its restaurants offer many different types of cuisine which range from typical Jamaican flavors to the exquisite tastes of Asian food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Club Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Hotel Caribbean
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Caribbean
- Royal De Cameron
- Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Caribbean Club Decameron Royal
- Club Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Royal Decameron Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Club Jamaica