Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Lucedale, Ms
“Glad We Upgraded”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

We went in Oct which is the off season. The resort was laid back and kind of quiet which I enjoyed. We loved the resort, except the elevator in our building was very slow! The lounge was a nice touch, made great drinks in there & free wifi connection. Over all our week there was very relaxing. The beach isn't the most impressive or the shows at night. We did enjoy the sports bar a lot.

Room Tip: Do the upgrade the views can't be beat. I think we were in 23701
1 Thank Latricia21
MarvelisS, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Dear Latricia,

We appreciate your positive note. Our ultimate goal is to fulfill our guests’ expectations; we are feeling proud to learn that we have been able to provide you a fantastic and relaxing time during your last trip to our Hotel. It also good to know that drinks, free WIFI connection, and the sports bar were of your preference.

We have been felt proud being your hosts during your trip to Jamaica and can’t wait to host you again on your next vacation.

Luxury Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (773)
  • Polish first
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

We completed our 6 night stay on Oct 30th. The Don Pablo Collection was worth the extra money. This resort was well kept and service was consistently good. We have nothing negative to say. We traveled with our 1 and 4 year old and they enjoyed every minute. We never stay at the same resort twice and have stayed at 9 different places in Jamaica in the past 6 years. This ranks in the top 3! Our room was 24503! Thank you for the wonderful vacation.

• Stayed October 2013
5 Thank CRLJMOYER
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are more than happy to know that you have had a wonderful time with us, the constantly service provided by our accommodating staff, and the well kept of the property captivated your attention.

It was an honor to have the opportunity to host you. We look forward to host you again on future trips to Jamaica in our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a 5 star experience in Jamaica.

Ashburn, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Overall, give it a 6-7 on a (1>10) scale. Not a horrible experience but also very far from GREAT.
Buffet - decent, we like the different themes per night but it's disappointing to see the same old food from days prior continuously put out day after day, we have seen some same dishes 4 days in a row now. No1 touching it for a reason.
Water sports - most limited we have experience at an all inclusive. Snorkeling is $40/person/hour CRAZY. Have blearily enjoyed kayaks and sail boats, guys running it are lazy and have excuses every day on why you cannot go out, too windy, to rough, to sunny, etc... Got to go out twice in 11 days after BEGGING.
Only worth coming here if you upgrade to Privilege or Don Pablo. We stayed at Sandals (ocho rios) 2 years ago, paid the same per night we just paid, blew this place out of the water.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Phillip C
MarvelisS, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to bring your comments to our attention. It is trough communications of this nature that we are given an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance, as well as to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from our resort.

Our main goal strives in having a great ambience to satisfy our guest’s requirements; we regret that we were not able to fulfill your expectations. Nonetheless, please allow us to comment on the issue of your communication.

As far as your indications about the quality of the food offered in our restaurants, we are rather surprised because carefully selected products compose our gastronomy supply, taking into consideration the diversity of clients who visit our hotel. Please kindly note that we offer every evening in our Restaurant Buffet Orquid different variety of food like Spanish, Jamaican, Canadian, Japanese, Mexican... Nevertheless, we are sorry that our food services did not meet your expectations and your comments will be taken into consideration.

Furthermore we would like to express our gratitude for your positive remarks regarding our water sports services.
On behalf of our General Manager and all Team Members, we apologize for any inconvenience and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

Yours respectfully,

Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I cannot recall when I have enjoyed my vacation more. Every one of the Staff were polite and very helpful. The food was terrific in all of the restaurants. I have started saving so I can return in the Fall of 2014 and see the friends I have met this October. Can't wait to get back !

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean view on the 7th floor. Quiet and less noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Jane H
Dear Jane,

Thank you for your generous review. We are thrilled to learn that we were able to surpass your expectations and you have enjoyed your last vacations in our property, which is our main goal. It is encouraging to learn that room, friendly and helpful staff, and food quality and overall the service was of your choice.

Thank you for choosing our Resort for your vacation this year and we look forward to host you again on your upcoming holiday in our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a 5 star experience in Jamaica.

Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Just spent 2 weeks here. All the staff were extremely helpful & friendly. The food in the Don Pablo, Picasso & Mikado restaurants were to die for. Definitely recommend do the show table in Mikado & the Chateaubriand in Don Pablo. The beach is lovely & the waiter service at the pool is great (especially Tina)!!! Any minor issues we encountered were fixed very quickly. Would recommended this hotel to any other couples looking for a completely chilled out luxury experience.

3 Thank Emma N
MarvelisS, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Emma,

Thank you for your warm review. We appreciate that you enjoyed your stay thanks to our helpful and amazing staff. We feel also very proud of receiving your positive comments regarding our beach and our variety and quality of food in the Don Pablo and Mikado Restaurants where we were able to fulfill your expectations.

Thanks again for mentioning the staff member who did possible a wonderful trip with us and for the recommendation to other possible guests.

It was an honor to be chosen to spend your vacations in our Hotel in Jamaica and we would love to see you again and provide you a more enjoyable stay.

Yours respectfully,

Ontario, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Best vacation in a while. we had fun in such a short period which makes us want to return. The agents were very pleasant and helpful. Very fast check in and they did their best in accommodating requests. The lounge bar was excellent, we had all we wanted. Our butler decorated our room with petals and chilled champage. This tops it off to the maximum. The pool, very nice with cabanas for everyone and bartenders catering to you. The jerk chicken ohh very tasty and spicey its a must have. I would recommend this resort a million times.

Room Tip: Corner suites have larger balconies
Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Shelly s
IselS, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear Shelly,

Thank you for your warm note. It was an honor being your hosts during your Jamaican vacation and we are thrilled to hear that all of your expectations were fulfilled. We appreciate your words about the check-in, food, pool, the butler services and overall the accommodating staff.

We deeply value your recommendation to other possible travelers and cannot wait to serve you again in our hotel on upcoming trips to Jamaica.

Yours sincerely,

Isel Salgado
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I returned from Gran Bahia/Jamaica last night and I am already planning my next visit.
Staff - The staff was friendly. I tipped few of the staff members but I only tipped them after I received my service. At not one point did I have to tip staff to receive quality service.
Rooms - The rooms were very clean. I did not have towels in my room upon check-in, but they delivered the towels within 30 minutes after I made the call.

My husband read about a special the resort was running to upgrade to the Don Pablo Collection for $25 per day per person. There weren’t any rooms available the first day, so we upgraded on the second day. The new room was an ocean view room (23-718) and the view was amazing. We paid $150 for the upgrade and it was truly worth it. In a regular room, you have to pay $50 deposit for the safe box and $6 per day for the box. The safe deposit box is included with the Don Pablo room, so we basically paid $100 for the upgrade.

Beach towels - I read few people complain about not having beach towels available at the towel hut. With the Don Pablo collection, they placed 2 new beach towels in the room every day. They also had beach towels available at the Don Pablo lounge. You could turn your towels in to receive fresh towels throughout the day. Beach towels were never an issue. I walked past the towel hut few times during my stay and always saw towels available.

Food – The food was pretty good. I never expect excellent food when staying at a resort, but the food here exceeded my expectations. The buffet was good and served a variety of foods. The first night, they served grilled lobster and there was no limit on the amount you could eat. Needless to say, folks were going crazy.  One night was Canadian night in observance of Canada’s Thanksgiving. Another night was Jamaican night so they had a variety of Jamaican dishes including beef patties, curry goat, ox tails…The jerk hut was a really good place for lunch. The jerk chicken and seafood paella were offered every day and delicious! The other nights we ate at the specialty restaurants (The Grill, Don Pablo, and Mikado).

Spa – I had the coconut scrub/massage special. The massage was one of the best I ever had and I am a person who gets a massage at least once per month.

With the Don Pablo upgrade, the staff’s job is to ensure your every desire is filled and dreams come true. One night I walked back in the room to find that the room was decorated with rose petals and balloons. There was a trail of candles lighting the walk path, bottle of champagne, and bubble bath with rose petals waiting for me. This was all made possible with Grant’s help (one of the butlers). My husband told him he wanted something special since I was there celebrating my birthday. And this did not cost anything extra.

The only issue I had was that my safety deposit box did not work in my first room. They had me try two keys and it still would not lock. They said I had to be in the room for them to fix the safe deposit box. I did not want to sit around waiting for the maintenance man so I reminded the front desk of the incident the next day. I upgraded to a Don Pablo room on the second day and I was refunded my safe deposit and not charged for the one day I spent in the first room.

Room Tip: I was in 16-413 which faced the side of the resort and you had minimal view of the ocean. However, I...
6 Thank MSTORY
IselS, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm comments. It was an honor for us being chosen to host you during your trip to Jamaica. We are grateful to know that you enjoyed the room, the Spa services and the food options were able even to surpass your expectations. We feel happy to see that you have felt pampered by our Don Pablo staff that made possible to fulfill all of your vacation dreams.

We thank you again for your feedback; we are eagerly looking forward to see you soon again in our property.

Yours sincerely,

Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
#4 of 61 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,930 reviews

Been to Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection? Share your experiences!