Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
“No Problem Mon!”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Just got home and wish I could go back! This place is filled with Canadians like us! The Karaoke is the funnest part for a singer like myself and the weather all though not always sunny it was very warm. The staff is great the food is amazing make sure to go to Don Pablo Restaurant as the chateau brion is the tasty steak you will ever have!! I would go back in a heart beat! The only down side of the entire trip was the day we had to leave. This was my first all inclusive but definitely not the last!

Room Tip: 23707 great room great view!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Nathanstokes
Customer Servic... B, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Guest,

We are thrilling reading your remarks about your experience in our Resort. We are delighted to know that we were able to satisfy your expectations; we really appreciate your positive comments about some of our services, especially our delicious “Chateaubriand dish “at our Don Pablo Restaurant.

We have felt honored to being chosen as your hosts for your vacation and will be more than happy to host you again in your next trip to Jamaica.

Luxury Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (877)
  • Polish first
Markham, Canada
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Just got back last night Dec.9 1 week stay celebrating a birthday. It was the best.!.Resort could not
have done a better job in selecting excellent employees, who I believe are the backbone of this
establishment. Super super vacation, not a single complaint giving credit of this wonderful
vacation for my husband and I who was celebrating a milestone birthday to the great staff.

A very special thank you to the DPC staff especially Maria B.(manager) along with Gary (butler)
who arranged a pleasant surprise in our room for my husband's special day . Also the most
pleasant staff in the lounge ,will miss Gay Ann with my margaritas.

Mr.& Mrs. P, room24607.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank savi p
Customer Servic... B, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Savi,

We are thrilled to know that you had a wonderful vacation at our Luxury Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection. Your words of praise toward our staff have made us feel proud since we work hardly every day to provide our guests with their best experience.

Thank you for your wonderful comments. It is a pleasure to host you and we are looking forward to host you again during your next trip to our Hotel.

Luxury Runway Bay Don Pablo Collection
Reviewed 9 December 2013

First off let me start off by apologizing to the staff of the Grand Bahia for this delayed email. I have been a very busy person over the last few months. I decided to book an all-inclusive trip to this hotel after reading mostly positive reviews about the resort. Never in my life had I imagine the type of hospitality myself and my girlfriend would recieve. This place is beautiful, but what makes it even better is the people working there. I would like to sincerely thank Loraine who is the Don Pablo supervisor for all of her help while I was down there. Other people who also made this trip enjoyable were Corona, Audry, Michelle and Susan. Our hotel room was immaculate and always in pristine condition. The pools and grounds were always clean. The food....the food, well all I can say is if you go to this place and miss out on the Jerk Chicken hut, you have done yourself a terrible injustice. I got engaged on this trip and a few people such as Loraine helped make it a memory I will never forget. We had hired a private driver for the day to take us to Ocho Rios..( I am so sorry, I can't remember his name). I would recommend the Don Pablo upgrade service. It isn't too expensive but the service and extra attention you recieve is well worth it. Thank you to everyone who made this trip.

Room Tip: Tell them you want a view of the ocean on a higher floor. Upgrade to the Don Pablo section
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Barry D
Customer Servic... B, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Guest,

The satisfaction of our customers is our first award. We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed the service provided by our helpful and warmth staff.

We will be sure to share your comments with the members of the staff who were able to make your vacation an unforgettable experience in our Hotel.

Thank you for vacationing with us. We hope to see you again in our Luxury Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection Hotels & Resorts, a 5 star experience in Jamaica.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

My boyfriend and I spent an absolutely amazing week at the Bahia Principe Hotel. We had the Don Pablo upgrade and it turned out to be well worth it. Not only was the property of the resort gorgeous, but the service was flawless and really made our stay exceptional.

From the second we stepped foot into the hotel we felt an immediate sense of privilege as we were escorted to our own personal lounge by the elite butler service. The ladies that work in this lounge worked extremely hard to accommodate every one of our needs, really making our week stay simply superb. A noteworthy mention would be how clean the entire resort is, from the rooms to the pool and to the restaurants

....Private beach section, pool bar, private bar with well aged spirits, TRY THE JERK CHICKEN!! ,. but beware of the jerk sauce. Don Pablo restaurant is phenomenal as well as Picasso (especially for dinner reservations).

All in all, the whole resort is amazing. Good people. Good food. And ZERO complaints.

Room Tip: DON PABLO A lot of people in our package received two Queen size beds instead of one King size b...
3 Thank Dani Z
Customer Servic... B, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Mr. Dani,

Our guest’s opinion during their vacation with us is very valuable. We are thrilling to know that you have felt welcome from the very beginning of your arrival and you have had an exceptional stay in our Hotel.

Thank you for your comments. It was a pleasure to host you and we hope to see you again in our Luxury Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, a 5 star experience in Jamaica.

Best Regards,

Newmarket, ON
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I have to start by saying that this is my first trip to a Bahia property and it will certainly not be my last. I have travelled to many Caribbean locations and stayed at various hotel chains. This is my 5th trip to Jamaica. And once again the hospitality of the people does not fall short of expectations.
Prior to our arrival I did email the hotel and Lorraine was quick to respond to my needs. I wanted to let her know that we would be celebrating an anniversary while we were there and wanted to confirm that I could dine at Don Pablo that evening. The arrangements were looked after on our arrival. Not to mention that the day of our anniversary we returned to our room which was decorated with balloons and rose petals. Not to mention a bottle of chilled champagne. Thank you for that
I highly recommend upgrading to the Don Pablo especially if you are not travelling with children. If you want the action you can always go over to the other side. My husband and I enjoy the quietness of the pool and meeting people with the same interests while doing so. The pool area was beautiful and the service outstanding. Never did we want for anything. Getting chairs in the morning was never an issue and we were there over the American thanksgiving.
If you are looking for a really nice beach then this place is not for you. The beach is okay but certainly not top of my lists. But we knew this prior to coming and are more pool people anyways. So did not affect our vacation in any ways
The food was outstanding I always get a bit weary with buffets but I must say that their upkeep of them was outstanding and the best I have seen at any resort. (Which is why I tend to go places that don't place restrictions on the a la carte restaurants). Both of the private restaurants for the DP side were always outstanding and the service excellent. Always a smile with all of their employees.
We ate at all of the a la crates and the Italian was my least favourite (not that it was bad, just my least favourite ). The Don Pablo was outstanding although not my husbands favourite. His preference was the Garden Grill as it was a more casual ambience. And again the food was outstanding.
The rooms were very clean and always well maintained. As far as room location we did start off in section 24 room 610 which has one of those very large corner balconies (I had requested one prior to arriving). The room was fantastic and I think this block has a bit bigger rooms but we didn't get a view of the pool area from it so we requested a change. Again Lorraine and Smiley both made sure that we were happy so got us another room. We ended up in section 23 room 604. The view was outstanding of the ocean and the pool. You don't get double sinks with these rooms, but hey you are on vacation right)
The Don Pablo lounge for a drink before or after dinner was always very nice and the wifi worked very well. The girls in there did a great job and were always very friendly
If I could give any criticism to the hotel (and this wouldn't deter my stay) would be that they have a lounge area on the DP side that stays open past 11:00. The only places open after 11:00 are in the Pueblo and we are certainly not karaoke or disco people. Even if just until midnight. Nice to have a nightcap to end off an incredible day.......
Overall you may have turned me into a Bahia Don Pablo girl..........

Room Tip: Section 23 5th floor or higher for a great view of both the ocean and the pool
3 Thank Cheryl P
Dear Cheryl,

Congratulations on your anniversary celebration.

We are elated for your words full of praise for the services you have received whilst staying at our Resort specially our gastronomy. It is our intention to provide our guests a memorable vacation at our property, to make them happy is what please us most.

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We felt honored being your hosts during your trip to Jamaica and we will be more than happy to serve you again on your upcoming vacation in our Luxury Runaway Bay Don Pablo collection, a best hotel in the Caribbean.

Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My husband and I vacationed here for one week in November 2013 to celebrate a special wedding anniversary. We really enjoyed the resort, food, people, service, etc. Everyone was so nice and helpful. I would recommend this resort without hesitation and if you are traveling without children, I would also recommend the upgrade to the Don Pablo section; it is really worth the additional expense. Honestly I wish we would have booked for 10 days to 2 weeks ...

Room Tip: The resort is 7 stories. We were on the 6th floor in 23613. Great view overlooking the pool area a...
2 Thank Janet D
Customer Servic... B, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, receive our sincerest congratulations for your wedding Anniversary; we are overly proud to know that you had a good vacation in our Hotel. We work with the commitment to become truth our guest’s dreams during their vacation so it is good to know that you have enjoyed your vacation with us.

On behalf of our General Manager and all Team Members at our Luxury Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection; we thank you for your remarks and we look forward to host you in our property in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Etibicoke
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a 1 week stay and had an amazing time! Exceeded expectations. The Don Pablo upgrade was well worth it!
Beautiful friendly service in the palmyra buffet, we only ate there! I had mentioned to the evening manager I liked privacy, after that he ensured we were seated in a quiet private area each time. Staff was so friendly and attentive, didn't have to ask for a thing at palmyra, all needs were anticipated.
Don pablo private check in with champagne, Victoria A was great and greeted all our inquiries with a smile. Cordell checked us out and was also very helpful and friendly.
Shankyra (totally guessing on spelling) and tanisha/latisha n Adlan (tall guy) were great at the don pablo pool bar.
Excellent service, great friendly staff. It was a beautiful trip:)
Special shout out to lifeguard Tyrone R for keeping an eye on us and to Leroy Grant who, upon finding out we were from Newfoundland, gave us a hearty "stay where you're to 'til I comes where you're at!" Loved it!
And I missed her name but the friendly gal who grilled my chicken every evening at Palmyra...she was very nice n was great on the grill. Dewan was quite friendly in palmyra as well. And thanks again to beautiful Georgia for keeping our room immaculate n ensuring I had enough coffee supplies lol
The gents at the kayak rental are also great fun.
I would recommend this resort with the don pablo upgrade with no hesitation. There is something for everyone and they ensure your vacation is carefree and exactly how you want it.
We are going back next year no doubt!
If I had to make any suggestions, it would be to ensure cream is available in restaurants (milk was the only option), and to be able to pay for any room charges during the don pablo check out.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Crystalvio
Dear Guest,

There is nothing more important to us than to reach our guests satisfaction during their vacations with us. We are delighted to know that the services provided by our warmth and helpfulness staff were able to surpass your expectations in our Luxury Runaway Bay Don Pablo collection.

We really appreciate your recommendation to other guests and would like to thank you for your comments. We hope to see you next year to provide you with another wonderful experience at our Hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
#19 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection? Share your experiences!