Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 February 2014

From the moment we arrived we were treated royally. The staff were all wonderful & eager to make our trip
special. We felt like we were part of the family.
Special thanks to Collin (the go to man),Lobby, Buffet, Security, Aquamarine Bar, Lifeguard staff, just too many people to name. Special events were great, Beach party, Dinner Under The Stars, dive in Movie Night. A memorable, relaxing week, definitely a 5 + star resort. Can't wait to return.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank R R
DaineG, Manager at Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you and looking forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

This was our first trip to Jamaica and trust me we will return!!! Upon arriving Collin met us in the lobby with a cool drink and cool towels. Our room was not quite ready but we able to enjoy the first little bit at the resort without worrying about our belongings. My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary by renewing our vows on the beach. Everybody was so extremely helpful and nice. The day we renewed our vows was also my birthday, so let me tell you I felt like a Queen all day, the staff brought me the most delicious piece of chocolate cake on a decorated plate and I also received a bottle of my favorite wine chilled upon our return to our room. A huge Thank You goes out to Barbie, Dice, Dimplez and Swag they put so many hours into the entertainment aspect of the resort. We were never bored and always looked forward to what was next. Can't wait to return!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
DaineG, Manager at Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Suzy

Thank you for your review and delighted that the staff mentioned made you felt like a queen. It was our pleasure to have hosted and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

There are 3 Jewel resorts, all situated in close proximity to one another. My husband and I stayed at the adults only Jewel Paradise Cove in Runaway Bay from Jan 20 - 31. After a long delay in our journey, we finally arrived at the JPC at 9am in the morning, feeling pretty exhausted. We were greeted by George with a big smile and presented with a cool face towel and the Jewel of the day cocktail. Check in is usually at 3pm so our room wasn't ready yet, but the front desk staff told us to go ahead and enjoy the resort and to check back in an hour with them. By 10.30am our room was ready - We stayed in 814 which was on the ground floor, had a king size bed, small balcony and a beautiful ocean view. Clearly, the rooms have all been updated and are crisp and clean. The housekeeping staff did an amazing job, our room was kept spotless and the turn down service in the evening was a nice touch. Our room was stocked daily with pop, juice and water. The food was all good - a nice variety of Jamaican and western dishes at the main restaurant. We also ate at all the other restaurants - Samurai was good, Italian was fabulous, Platinum grill excellent. My favourite was the wood burrning pizza oven at lunch time - awesome selection of pizza's to be had! The beach grill had food 24/7 - good burgers and jerk chicken for a late night snack. Drinks were all good - nice that they had French sparkling wine included. They have a separate tea/coffee hut which is open all the time so if you are an early riser like me, you can go over and get a nice espresso/coffee first thing in the morning (there is also a tea/coffee maker in your room). They also stocked the hut fridge with water and fruit, and occasionally there were platters of muffins/baked sweet breads available. The beach is a cove so if you're looking for a long beach to walk on in the morning, you won't find that here, but there is a board walk that extends around the property and lots of other activities (tennis, yoga, a gym etc) to keep you busy. The ground are immaculate, 2 different beaches and 3 different pools, all with swim up bars. Security is on patrol all the time so we always felt safe. Jamaica Tours has a desk at reception so if you plan to take a tour, they will organise everything for you. Worth checking to see what is included as there are lots of free things to do (we took an afternoon shopping trip to Ocho Rios and it was complimentary). What makes this resort so fantastic is the staff. I cannot say enough about each and every one of them! They were all friendly, genuinely going out of their way to check on you and always enquiring about your stay. I felt as though we had made a new family of friends when we left. I apologise for not remembering everyone's name as they all did an amazing job, from the servers in the restaurants to the guys working in the gardens. ALL FABULOUS, hard working people. I do want to mention Wayne and Keesha at the main bar, Brett-Lee the pool side butler, the entertainment staff - Dimplz, Barbie and Swagg. Kimiko and Adrian, our servers at the main restauarant, and Shellane, the chef at Moonstone. Thank you for taking such good care of us - you rock! Again, I apologise for not remembering everyone but it is clear to me that the staff enjoy working here and that they work well as a team to make your stay pleasurable and memorable. The only negative feedback I have is about our bathroom. It's clear that all the bathrooms have been beautifully updated/renovated aside from the fact that the original jacuzzi tub has now been converted to a tub/shower arrangement. Every time we showered, water would accumulate along the edge of the bath and pour on to the floor. Even a short/quick shower resulted in a large pool of water on the bathroom floor which we had to mop up with the beautiful white large fluffly bath towels. Seems such a shame considering the amount of laundry/towels the resort must go through if all the rooms are like this. This is an issue that management should address ASAP as I can only imagine that the long term effects of water pooling would be quite costly to the resort and this would certainly be a liability if a guest slipped and injured themselves. Having said that, I would definitely come back - we had a wonderful, relaxing holiday and this is, without a doubt, one of th ebest places we have ever stayed at. It was also priced very reasonably (we booked the hotel separately and not as a package deal) considering everything that is on offer. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Room Tip: 814 ground floor if you are not able to walk 2 flights of stairs (there are no elevators)
8  Thank Expatpussycat

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for mentioning the staff that mae a difference. We also appreciate your concern re the bathroom, and this will definitely be shared with the proper personel. Thanks agai nand hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed January 10th to January 17th 2014. From the moment we got off the bus, I knew I would be back. Collin greeted us as soon as we got off the bus and welcomed us with a cold towel and Jewel of the Day. He was so welcoming and made us feel right at home. When they brought us to our room, I was immediately satisfied. Everything was perfect. The bathroom was beautiful. The grounds of this resort are beautifully well kept. Love all three pools (which all had a swim up bar) and the beach was very beautiful. The slide was also an awesome touch. Loved the slide competitions.

There are a many employees that I would like to mention as they are what made this stay the very best it could have been. NaShawn one of the many bartenders, always made the perfect drinks and never let your glass get empty. He was my favorite bartender my entire stay at this resort. Other bartenders to mention are Sheldon, Raul, Pearson and Ryan. They were always so friendly and always made me laugh.

The Chefs. OMG is all I can say. The food is to die for! Shamroy and Albert were the best grill chefs. They always made my grilled cheese perfectly and always brought it to my table; I never had to lift my finger as they were always there. Chef Roy from the Jade Samurai was so entertaining. He gave me the most memorable meal of my life. The waiter from Moonstone - I cannot remember his name but he was amazing. Always very happy and the food was delicious and when he brought my dessert with the plate on top of his head, very nice touch.

Dimplz and Barbie, the entertainers. They did an outstanding job always making sure there were activities going on and always made sure everyone was having a fun time.

The pool boy Choy always offered to get you a towel and made sure you had everything you needed while you were by the pool.

Brett-Lee the beach butler. He always came by to offer if we needed anything from the bar and always hurried back in a timely fashion with our drinks.

The photographers. They captured the most memorable moments for us. We really appreciated it. It was awesome that the photo sessions were free and you only had to pay if you wanted to purchase any photos. Please keep doing this, as it is a nice touch.

The guys from the water sports. Thank you for everything. You always were so friendly and we never had an issue getting anything we needed. It was awesome that scuba diving, snorkeling and the glass bottom boat is free. Please keep doing this.

Maids. OMG. Thank you for the wonderful rooms every day. We loved all the swans and designs you would make out of the towels. It was beautiful. The turndown service was also a very nice touch and fresh towels twice a day. THANK YOU.

Spa ladies. You gave me the best massage of my life. Keep up the great work.

I know I just mentioned a lot about the staff, but they truly deserve a great review, as they are what made our stay so memorable. Please keep this staff. They are what make this resort so amazing.

Overall, this resort easily was the best I have ever been too. Everything was just perfect. I loved it so much that I plan to come back this April; only 3 months since my last visit I loved it that much. I recommend this resort to anyone as this is 5+++. Keep up the great work and I will be back every year! 

10  Thank Kristie M
DaineG, Manager at Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear Kristie

Thanks for your review and delighted that you had an amazing time, and looking forward to welcoming you home in April.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

One week ago we were in paradise. This hotel, which by the way used to be the Hedonism and then became the Decameron and 4 months ago became the Jewel Paradise, is very nice and cosy.
240ish rooms which makes for plenty of elbow room on the beach and everywhere else. A couple's place, quiet and just renovated. The staff is great, kept saying they were sorry for the not so sunny days ! Food is great, tried the Japanese restaurant. The show is not for me but the Jamaican food cooked à la Japanese is very tasty. You must taste the duck salad.
Plenty of places to visit for free.

I say you should go out of the premises and meet the people, they are al'right mon !!

6  Thank Nomis128

Dear Guest

Thnaks for your review and delighted that you had a great time, and looking forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We stayed for a week (Jan 20-27) and were blown away by the fabulous resort and people. We have stayed in 5+ star hotels and we have stayed in 3's and in neither have we had such friendly and outgoing staff that will do everything that they can to make your stay with them the best you've had. I guess maybe it has to do with your own attitude when you go for a holiday as well. You treat them well, they treat you the same. We had excellent service. A few that stand out for us were Collin and Shaneil at the front desk (always good for a laugh), Sharicka was awesome for going above and beyond for service, Venice and Karen with their magic hands at the spa (ahhhh, the spa!), Francine at the spa also for going out of her way to find us something that we were looking for (she offered, we didn't ask), Kimanda at the gift shop was very patient with us as we browsed and asked many questions :) , Barbara, the general manager, was extremely approachable and knowledgeable. These are a few of the people that stand out for us but in no way the entire list. I don't have a bad thing to say about any of the staff. They were always friendly and approachable.

The accommodations were always very clean (I'm the first to rewash everything if it isn't!) but I never had any issues with this resort, anywhere! The resort was a great size, not too big but not too small either. The set up is great! The included activities were an extra bonus that we hadn't expected (glass bottom boat, sunset cruise, snorkelling, Dunn's River Falls, etc). We can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: ground floor facing a pool for those rainy days
6  Thank Brant-Bev

Dear Guest

Thanks for your review and delighted that you had a great time and enjoyed all that we had to offer. It was our pleasure to have hosted you and also thnaks for taking the time to mentioned the staff that stood out during your stay. Hoping to host you again soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I came to Jamaica 4 years ago for our 25th anniversary Loved where we stayed and came back 2 more years till resort was sold and changed this year we picked Jewel Paradise Cove Runaway Bay there is another Jewel right down the street so when booking make sure it is PARADISE COVE there is a difference ! All I can say is everyone was fantastic the place was AMAZING the food was out of this world and the drinks where fantastic! The entertainment was fabulous Staff was Amazing they really go out of the way to make you comfortable and for the first time there it really felt like it was a 2nd home! We are now Jamericans lol ! I will be back next year and every anniversary after if it stays like this! Only thing I would have like to see is more music at the bars and pool areas! No complaints otherwise the shower does splash water out of the tubs BUT there is a drain and knowing it did this just placed a towel on the floor and pushed excess water down the drain no big deal just felt bad for soaking the towel each time! Rooms where very nice had to wait a bit first night because room I wanted was not available the first night we got first floor building 7 but they moved us up next day to 3rd fl ( I like to sleep with the balcony door open to hear the waves from the ocean) I asked halfway through the week where ice machine was? Did not need it till then lol and front desk said what room you in and when we got to our room there was a knock on the door with someone with a bucket of ice! Anything you want they try to accomodate! I wish I could remember everyones names but special thanks to my girl Kerisha !!!! Seen her all 4 yrs in Jamaica she actualy took pics for me when we renewed our vows at other resort so HAPPY when I seen she was working here and Sheldon and Oshane and Omar and Barbie and Cherry and Swagg and the list goes on and on and on

Room Tip: Building 7 was wonderful view was nice and just loved it!~
5  Thank Lovlyldy4
DaineG, Manager at Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Guest

Delighted that your 4th time in Jamaica was the best and we at Jewel Paradise Cove was that factor. Thank you for allowing us to share and looking forward to the 5th.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Runaway Bay
Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton
ClubHotel Riu Negril
ClubHotel Riu Negril
#26 of 80 in Negril

Been to Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton

Address: Paradise Cove Drive, Runaway Bay, Jamaica (Formerly Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa)
Region: Caribbean > Jamaica > Saint Ann Parish > Runaway Bay
#2 Green Hotel in Runaway Bay
#2 Luxury Hotel in Runaway Bay
#2 Spa Hotel in Runaway Bay
#2 On the Beach Hotel in Runaway Bay
#2 Top resorts Hotel in Runaway Bay
Price Range: £200 - £454 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Travelbag, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, LoveHolidays, HotelsClick, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection By Hilton Jamaica, Caribbean