“FABULOUS All-Inclusive Vacation”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“FABULOUS All-Inclusive Vacation”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We are not world travelers,but have been to several Caribbean islands and have stayed in Jamaica at least 5 times, most recently at the Jewel Paradise Cove. This trip was, by far, one of the nicest and best values for our $$. What made it so nice? The PEOPLE called us by name by the 2nd day & actually cared whether or not you needed anything or were having a good time! The GROUNDS were beautifully manicured and kept; the ROOMS were comfortably furnished with nightly turn-down service (many thanks to our Housekeeper who was wonderful and left me rock candy) and did not have the musty smell of every other Caribbean room I've ever stayed in; and the SERVICES were truly all-inclusive, from the food and drinks, to the Snorkel and Scuba excursions, Dunn's River Falls, Sunset and Glass Bottom Boat trips, paddle boats, etc. The food was very good and the entertainment was excellent! Dimplyz and Barbie do a great job getting to know the guests and making sure you are not bored. Barbara Burton, the GM, tours the resort frequently and makes sure that everything is up to her standards, which fortunately, appear to be very high.
If you are considering multiple locations/resorts in Jamaica - and we all know our choices are many - if you get a good deal - DO NOT HESITATE to book this resort!!!! You will not regret it!!

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd Floor of Building 7 w/a beautiful ocean view. Any room is a good one because eve...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank Tracy817
DaineG, Manager at Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words and hope to host you again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (881)
Millersville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This was our 7th trip to Jamacia and I would have to say the Jewel Paradise Cove is now our favorite hotel on the island. From check in to check out, it was evident that all of the staff was eager to make our stay here wonderful. Collin at the front desk went out of his way to get my parents a room close to us and on the first floor. We had beautiful rooms with comfortable bedding and an excellent housekeeping staff all week. The grounds are amazing to walk, the restaurants had wonderful food, the beach was small, but beautiful and well kept. The thing that will be most memorable to us is the staff, Collin remembering our name all week"the Weavers" and asking if we needed anything, Dimplyz taking time to talk with my dad, Choy taking care of us at the pool, Oshane making us some awesome drinks at the swimup bar, Rush giving us excellent service @ the coral cafe, and Huntley Fisher stopping at our room one night as we sat outside just to ask how everything was...everyone we came in contact with really made an effort to help us enjoy our stay. We normally don't repeat the same hotel each year, but we are going to have to make an exception with Jewel Paradise Cove because We can't wait to go back!

10 Thank Mark W
DaineG, Manager at Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Mark

Thank you for such a great review and delighted that the staff took care of you and ensure that your vacation was a memorable one. it was our pleasure and hope to host you again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This was really one of the best vacations. I live in New York and it's FREEZING with lots of snow so some of my friends and I decided to go away for a long weekend. We came across this hotel because it was an Adult Only Hotel and the price with flight was unbelievable. We kept checking the weather there and it was perfect. All-inclusive hotel, great restaurants within the hotel, a disco, a piano bar, and so much more. You never have to leave. All I can say is "It's a MUST" if you are looking to get away. Staff was so unbelievably nice. Loved Barbie and Bishop.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Suzette D
Dear Suzzette

Thank you and delighted that you had a great vacation and it was our pleasure.

Suffern
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We must have gotten the only grumpy Jamaican, as a bus driver from airport to resort. He actually dropped us off at the wrong hotel. We had to pay $10 for a cab to the correct hotel about 3 blocks down.
When we arrived at Jewel Paradise Cove we were met by George and Colin. They couldn't have been nicer. They reimbursed us the $10.
We stayed with another couple. We were in room 138. Beautiful view of pool and hot tub in back and view of resort in front. The room is very clean with a king sized bed. The pillows are very fluffy. Little more than were used to. (no problem). A/C works well. Fridge stocked daily. Large flat screen TV with many American cable channels.
Food: DECENT. My buddy and I actually got very sick one night. We both ate beef one night at the Platinum. We both got severe diarrhea and projectile vomiting. I was in bed all day Tuesday and wasn't 100% Wednesday. The nurse,Fredericka came to my room. She was VERY nice. She gave me some electrolytes and aspirin(no charge). The Jade Samurai restaurant is your typical hibachi place. Sushi not great. The Italian place again decent. The omelettes are very good for breakfast. During lunch the pasta station is good. Fruit is terrible, not sweet at all. I didn't expect 5 star food, again it is decent.
Water sports are included. Paddle boats, Paddle boarding, snorkeling, SCUBA ,glass bottom boat. Capt. Freckles is great. The beach is very small, but we got a spot on it and nobody was on top of us. Water is very clear and no rocks in water.
The entertainment team is very upbeat. Dimples and Barbie got us up and moving. Brent Lee one of the pool servers made sure are glasses were always full.
We met Barbara Burton the G.M. she was very pleasant, always remembered our name and made sure all was good.
The staff is very helpful and genuinely friendly. One night we saw THE SILVER BIRDS steel drum band, the were AWESOME.
I would definitely go back.
If this was helpful please hit helpful button. Happy Travels.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
15 Thank SuffernDebanddon
Dear Guest

First let me extend my apologies for the driver dropping you off at the wrong hotel, I am delighted thou that once you got here, the greeting and welcome from the staff was warm and made the transition better.

Thanks for bringing to our attention your concerns and they will be addressed. My apologies also, that you fell ill, as no other illnes such as yours was mentioned by other guest during that period or prior to.

Hope to host you again soon.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My husband and I wanted to get away. We chose this place because of past reviews. Unfortunately our weather was rainy and not cooperative, Jewel did the best they could to make the most of it. They passed out umbrellas and were good sports about it. It was spotty clouds most days, and we would have been able to get out and do some water activities, had we been able to get out of the cove.

The "new" part feels to me felt like the staff was not up to speed on duties. The little things like plates empty in the dining room (telling staff and nothing happening), asking for a glass of wine with dinner to three different people, lobby water out most of the time - telling them and next day still empty, asking for diet coke in my room and not getting it, the restaurant being "booked" and waiting two days for reservations and walking by and it is empty. Being on the beach (when there was sun) and not seeing any waitstaff to get a beverage, etc. It seemed like the little details were overlooked in some areas. It's an "experience" to me when we go away and I'm detail oriented and maybe too picky.

The picture of the "Smoothie Bar" is not accurate at all, it's a station in the morning set up in the dining area. I had visions of walking by anytime and grabbing a smoothie. Not so much.

Also a negative was that the water activities are limited to when they can get the boats out of the cove. Many other resorts were diving, boating, snorkeling, catamarans, etc. while we were unable to get out of the bay. No glass bottom boat, no catamaran, no snorkeling, no diving, no nothing due to the layout of their cove. It was unfortunate.

I am gluten/dairy free and feel that the chefs weren't up to speed on that. In talking with the chef, he didn't really know what it meant to be gluten free (asked me if rice and vegetables were okay to eat when he should have known what gluten is (wheat, barley and rye). I was leery to venture far from meat and vegetables. In the sushi restaurant, they were super.

Also, we were placed in an "Adjoining" room. Could hear every sneeze, laugh, throat clearing and conversation of the people next door. Jewel did move us after we asked, which was good. Just beware if you get an adjoining room and aren't friends with the people next door, you will hear them.

The positives.....it's a beautiful place and most of the staff is super nice. Noreen is a super bartender, Geetha (Sushi restaurant), and our singing Kenny Rogers Hibachi gal (forgot her name) was super sweet (and super careful with my food - soy sauce has wheat). Georgia was great for excursions, and many others I can't remember all the names. Oh, and the dive/snorkel staff went out of their way to get us out snorkeling before we left (opened early and took us out). Lloyd took us diving the one day they could get boats out, he was excellent as well as the folks that worked with him.

Overall, I think they are working hard at getting the kinks worked out and the details fine tuned. If we were to go back to Jamaica, I would consider going there again. Emoral (the concierge) was very attentive and he asked me how my stay was and when I said, "okay" and he kept pressing me for details. He wanted to make sure I had a "great" time and everything was perfect. However, I didn't want to go complain to him about the little things, so now he knows.

Jamaica is lovely and this place is on the up and up. I would recommend the Jewel Paradise Cove to people. They are figuring things out and I'm sure the kinks will work out. They did have a fun beach party and goat racing, dancers, and other entertainment.

Room Tip: No adjoining rooms unless you are friends with the folks next door!
2 Thank Angela S
Dear Angela

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. I want to say that all the concerns and observation brought to our attention will be addressed, and appreciate you sharing. Hope to host you again soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Excellent service, cleanliness, security and transportation. The food and housekeeping are good with room for improvement. The bar has only Red Stripe for beer and limited liquor brands with no top shelf. With the money we saved staying here we brought our own beer, wine and top shelf liquor and still saved a few thousand $$.

Room Tip: upper level rooms could view into the bathroom of lower level rooms because bathroom windows have no...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank G C
Dear Guest

Thanks for your feedback and it was our pleasure, and hope to host you again soon.

Carle Place, New York
Reviewed 4 February 2014

After going back and forth for close to 3 months on deciding where to stay we chose(6 of us) JPC. Our initial choice was Couple swept away but after reading the reviews and to be honest the price we figured this was the best deal available. This was my first time to jamaica as the rest of my guests were here before. Upon arriving we were greeted by the front desk with smiles and were quickly offered some drinks. Check in went smooth and while we were waiting for our room we were whisked to the outdoor buffet for lunch. Food was good and choices were plentiful. Our room was clean, bed was nice(maybe too many pillows) and the bathroom was great Loved the shower and there were always plenty of towels. The property is laid out well and has a very tropical feel. The staff are great, always smiling, courteous and ready to help out. . There are 3 pools all with swim up bars and an exciting memorable water slide. The slide is fast and figure on 9 seconds to get through this tunnel of darkness with all right turns. You also get the best view of the resort from the top of the slide and there is also a jacuzzi on top as well as inside all 3 pools. The beach, well more of a cove that reminded me of gilligans island has nice sand and palm trees to lay out but is not your prototypical caribbean beach where you can walk out to crystal blue water and still see your toes in chest deep water. It is the perfect place for an outdoor BBQ and goat races as was the case on our last night. All water sports are included and as long as your not red flagged were fun. The restaurants served the perfect portion size and the food was generally good. Platinum goes out of there way to create a 5 star meal, and tough they fell short it was still a very good dining experience. Jade samurai was definatley fun and the chef got everyone at the table involved. As a note your best advised to order your food plain or ask for light sauce on the side. Aquamarine was great and was located by the ocean pool. Great pub food, jamican jerk chicken and awesome french fires. The pizza grill located by the beach had decent pizzas tough they did run out of Gluten free crust early on.
Overall they cater to their guests dietary requests and were very knowledgable regarding gluten free and as a celiac this helped me tremendously. Night time included a house band that was good, a disco that unfortunately was empty every night, karaoke nightly which my wife let loose and pool tables and pingpong. The staff wasnt overbearing in trying to get people up and about and outside of the talent show which I was recruited for ended up being fun. The drinks were plentiful. The selection could of been more diverse but there was enough to keep everyone happy.The pina colodas at the moonstone were a hit as well as the JW black. Beer was limited to red stripe. Getting too and from the airport was an hour ride along the north coast paralleling the ocean. The golf course was mediocre, tough challenging the fairways were thick and not carpet like im used to playing. The caddies were great and they actually gave us a ride back to the resort after hours. Better weather would of let us enjoyed the resort more but all in all it was a very good resort with a staff that goes out of there way to make your stay a memorable one. Overall a great value. The warm smiles, friendly attitudes and a chance to run a sub 9 on the water slide, and of course my wife, would all bring me back again.

Room Tip: Double doors facing the beach to bring more sunlight into your room
4 Thank 161MDDC
DaineG, Manager at Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Guest

Delighted that you hada great first impression and it was our pleasure, to have met your needs in more ways than one. Hope to host you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Runaway Bay
Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton

Property: Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton
Address: Paradise Cove Drive, Runaway Bay, Jamaica (Formerly Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa)
Region: Caribbean > Jamaica > Saint Ann Parish > Runaway Bay
#2 Green Hotel in Runaway Bay
#2 On the Beach Hotel in Runaway Bay
#2 Spa Hotel in Runaway Bay
#2 Top resorts Hotel in Runaway Bay
#2 Luxury Hotel in Runaway Bay
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £££
Hotel Class:4 star — Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Travelbag, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection By Hilton Jamaica, Caribbean