Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bear Island
“Yah Mon....No Problems”

Temagami On.
Visited this resort first week of Feb./2014....I will say that the reviews for the JPC were and should be all positive!!!! This is my personal and honest review;;

Rooms;Clean,queit,comfy beds,spacious bathrooms with nice big showers.Always hot water.Fridge slways stocked. Safes are included.{#435}

Pools;3pools all with swim bar..Always clean and not crowded.Nice relaxing hot tubs.

Food.[Coral] Always plenty withgreat flavors. Great coffee. Al lacarts were also very good(did not try sushie). Pizza and jerk chicken were comforting and tasty.Nice beach dinner and under the stars social.

Beaches ;The beach cannot be compared to Cuba or Mexico..Lots of seaweed and coral and sand is courser.We did swim atleast twice aday regardless,,nice clean, blue, warm ocean. Plenty of kayaks, boards and sailing. Snorkling not the best,.No problem with loungers or towels..service on beach is outstanding.

Entertainment;;Seemed to always be something to do if one wanted to get involved. Soft and warm dinner music provided. Live band, steel band and singers and dancers were very good.
Dunns Falls is interesting and worth the visit and was the only excursion we went on.

This resort is truly an all inclusive,unlike most others that charge extra for things such as safe,excursions and water sports, The servers,bartenders,maids, maintenance,janitors ,entertainers, chefs,cooks ,managers and all the rest of the staff are of top quality...Thank you
If there is any one thing I would change would be around the main bar , add 12-15bar tables and stools so older people may sit to have a cocktail before dinner. Also reconfigure the bar so bartenders are not crowded and working on top of each other so as to serve waiters and guests more effiecently,. I am sure management is already aware of this small problem and will make changes..

Again Thank You eveyone for a great vacation and cheers to all the other guests we met and laughed with...........

5 Thank BearIslandFill
DaineG, Manager at Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for allowing us to host you and for your observation and commendation of the staff. It was our pleasure and hope to host you again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (860)
Absecon, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We booked the standard room, which overlooked one of 3 pools. It was beautiful! The rooms are clean and spacious. This is a smaller hotel, which in turn, we loved, due to the personal service we received. There are 5 restaurants to choose from, from Italian, to buffet, so there is something for everyone. You can get a beach chair by the pool or on the beach. Water sports are included... the sunset cruise was beautiful. We also went out on the glass bottom boat. To our surprise we were the only people that signed up for that time. I thought they would ask us to go another time, when they had more people, but they took us out, so we had a private cruise. You can take a shopping trip, or go to Dunn's River Falls, all included in the price. The entire staff is there to make sure you have the best time possible. Attention to detail has to be their motto. We are already planning our next trip to the Jewel. Can't wait this was the PERFECT vacation.

Room Tip: Standard room is really all you need
5 Thank Kathy O
Dear Kathy

It was our pleasure to have been apart of your perfect vacation and see you on your next visit.

Eganville, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2014

3 couples traveled to Jewel Paradise Cove Resort Feb.7th-14th 2014 and had an amazing time.This is an adults only resort with ample pools,hot tubs and excellent food.The staff were so kind and attentive to all your needs.It was a very laid back resort which is excellent for those who like peacefulness.The rooms were clean and spacious with comfortable beds as well as large walk in showers.Facecloths and towels were in high demand but you eventually received them.Would we go back YES as we love this resort.My husband had to have an emergency surgical procedure 3 days into our vacation.The procedure was done right on the resort in the nurses station which was clean and sterile.The nurse Fredrica called Dr.Neyra who came an hour after the call.[Considering our wait times here in Canada I`ll say that was quick.] The Dr. was excellent and put my husbands fears to rest.I was quiet surprised by how they even showed me the expiry dates on all the vials and medication given to my husband.After the hour long procedure I took my husband back to our new room(ocean front room 500 ft from nurses station) which the front desk gave us after a 1 minute explanation of what had happened to my husband and that he need to be on a ground floor close to nurse who needed to do dressing change on him daily.The staff including our amazing front desk managers Collin,Huntley and our maid which I kick myself for not getting her name was so compassionate.She checked in on him when I was getting a quick bite to eat and found him with a high fever and nauseated from the infection that spread to his lymph nodes.She immediately called the nurse and watched over him like an old mother hen.The nurse gave him gravol and pain medication injections to help which did.Nurse Fredrica brought the night manager Huntley in after her shift ended that day and he was so kind.He made sure that anything we needed he got it for us.Enough said this resort is a fabulous place and if you ever need medical attention the nurse is free and the Dr.`s are affordable.The only negatives are the resort has a small beach,evening entertainment is mediocre and not enough music (reggae).Over all my husband & I would like to say a very big THANK YOU to Collin,Huntley,our maid(in block 600`s) especially Fredrica(nurse) and Dr.NEYRA.We will return for sure.

Room Tip: Rooms are all good!!!!
5 Thank Norm19722005
Dear Guest

I am delighted that the Nurse, staff and Doctor took care of your spouse and you both were pleased with the service received, in all aspect. It was our pleasure and hope to host you again soon.

Spring City, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I just returned from a vacation to JPC from Feb 8 to the 14th with a group of friends - 4 couples total. Unfortunately, the 3 other couples were in the 900 building with balconies & water views. We were in the 500 building 1st floor even though we all booked together and requested to be together. We asked to be moved but they could not accommodate us due to the resort being at capacity. In the end, we were not in our rooms much but would have been nice to be together with the better views. The shower did leak water on the floor and even though there was a drain in the floor, the water would sit there on the bathroom floor. I didn't want to blow dry my hair while standing in a puddle of water. We were in 512 so you may want to address this issue. I would have to roll beach towels up to stop it from running onto the floor. Also, the window in the shower, especially first floor, could use some kind of covering for privacy. Other than that the room was very nice, beds comfortable.

The landscaping crew works extremely hard and keeps the resort looking absolutely beautiful. All very friendly. Loved the hammocks and cabanas throughout the resort.

Pools and hot tubs all very clean and well maintained. Aquamarine swim up bartender, Kerisha, is the BEST! She was so friendly, fun and welcoming. Great drinks and very entertaining. Extremely hard worker. Mayday, Mayday, we have a situation here :)

Enjoyed Bishop's water aerobic classes. Much needed with all the food and beverages throughout the day.

Beach was small and some days it is difficult to get beach loungers. You have to go out early to put towels down to save your spot. Luckily we have an early riser in our group that would take care of this so it was not a huge issue for us. The water sports and staff were great. Harris was a fantastic captain and my husband, Captain Lee, loved sailing the Hobie. Snorkeling and glass bottom boat was fun and all the lifeguards were very good. If you want to do the sunset cruise, book it earlier. We were unable to not realizing it filled up so quickly.

Our beach server, Casey, was excellent. He was so friendly, sweet and efficient. He always made sure we all had what we wanted. Kept the beach clean and always clearing away the empties. Hard worker and caring.

We ate at all the restaurants. Thought there was a nice variety in the buffet for breakfast and lunch. Food was very good. Seafood night was one of my favorites. Definitely make reservations at Jade Samurai. Chef Gary aka Sebastin, was so funny and entertaining and the food was excellent, very tasty. Loved my mango rice pudding at the end. The staff at Jade was so attentive. Always making sure our drinks were refilled and the table was kept clean. We really enjoyed our dinner there and I was surprised it wasn't more crowded. Platinum on the other hand was disappointing. Poor service and the beef fillet was way overcooked even though we asked for it medium. Portions very small. The pizza place in the afternoon was very good and the waitress was very sweet but there was a long wait and, for some reason, people coming in after us would receive their meals first. This happened quite often. Luckily, it is a beautiful spot to sit with a beautiful view but I believe you may need to add another pizza ovens or adjust how the orders are received and filled. Would seem first ordered first served would be the fair way to do it. I do not believe it is the waitresses fault. She puts in the order, I'm not sure what happens after that. One day, my friends waited two hours for their pizzas. The italian restaurant was good and the service was good.

Goat races were fun and liked the early entertainment in the Coral Cafe. We wished the piano bar and disco opened a little earlier than 10:30pm. By that time, we were too tired after all the day's activities to make it to either.

The spa was nice and we took advantage of the therapeutic massage. Wonderful setting, very peaceful.

All in all, this was a very nice resort and a great place to go with friends. We made great memories that we will talk about for years to come. Jewel Paradise Cove is beautiful, relaxing, fun getaway (from the cold and snow) with an awesome staff.

Dear Lisa

It was our pleasure to have hosted you, and sorry that you could not be where your friends were. The issues mentioned in your review are being looked at to better enhance our service and product. I am delighted that overall you had a great time. Hope to host you again soon.

Mercerville, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Just returned from the Jewel Paradise Cove and had a fantastic time. This is our first time to Jamaica and we booked this trip based on the reviews of Trip Advisor. Thank you everyone! We were not disappointed. The resort was beautiful and very clean. Cannot say enough about the staff.....everyone was very friendly and accommodating. Always smiling and happy and asking if we were ok. The food was excellent...rooms were very nice...plenty of activities...and plenty of places to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery. My husband and I went with another couple and we all agree that we would definitely go back and stay longer. Which is my only negative remark....our vacation was too short! Thank you, Jewel and staff.

5 Thank Sandi P
Dear Sandi

It was our pleasure and hope to host you again soon on behalf of the staff and management.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Traveled to JPC Jan 31-Feb 14 and had an excellent stay. The whole place is clean, lush, well kept and the rooms (ours 526) with comfortable beds though fairly plain, are close to everything. Only issue was getting our towels late afternoon but otherwise fine. The reception desk workers are all very accommodating and attentive. The Moonstone resto by the ocean was our favorite, with fabulous deserts and excellent entrees. The beaches are small but very few bugs, also plenty of shade under palm tress or palapas and chairs were available most days but people still reserve early specially for the front row. Swimming is ok but you can't go very far. Beach waiter service is very good, Orlando and Casey are always close by to quickly get your favorite drinks. Bret Lee made us a special drink called (No Name)and it was very good, not too sweet. The only resto with reservations is the Jade Samurai Japanese, it also has a sushi bar that can accommodate only 6 people at the time, no reservation needed for that. The best thing about this resto is Lenay the girl who works there, what a wonderful and funny girl with wall to wall smile. At the Aquamarine pool and bar the jerk chicken is very good and well cooked along with burgers and dogs, you can eat there till 7 am but the bar closes early. Sherika & Vanessa the waitresses are tireless workers and always happy and friendly. Kerisha is a character and very good bar tender. The buffet is excellent with good variety daily, a busy omelet bar in the morning,with very friendly staff, special note to Letrica,Tricha and Adrian all very attentive, but everyone else was super as well. Horace Marley and the rest of the team at the water sport area do a great job as well. The entertainment team do a bang up job and Barbie is the star of the show, she is sweet,entertaining, friendly and colorful, someone we can all enjoy. Final note, if you need to see the nurse Fredrica, do not hesitate, she is fabulous and there is no cost for her services. Would definitely return to this resort which includes tours to Ocho Rios for shopping and Margerita ville, Dunn's river falls, glass bottom boat ride, snorkling, and sunset cruise on the scuba boat

6 Thank Timay99
DaineG, Manager at Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you and it was our pleasure tohave hosted you and delighted that the staff ensure that you had a great time. Hope to host you again soon.

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Wha Guan mon? Truly Paradise!!!! I had the best vacation thus far! Can't wait to come back! Some names to mention:
I can't remember all the names of ALL the staff, they are all very professional and extremely hard workers:
RYAN- Piano bar, took great care of us and always had a smile. the pianist/musician and karaoke were the most fun experience!!!
SANDRI ~ She was awesome as well as turn down service!! Thanks so much for everything!
OSHANE/ TEVIN- Lagoon bar~ them boys work hard, exceptional service!!
Sofia and the girl who helped her(so sorry I forget)who braided my hair~ LOVE IT!!!! Never want to take it out!!
GERNEIL- Amazing photographer my fav. paparazzi :)
CRAIG, DENNIS, PAUL, all the lifeguards very pleasurable and professional
BARBIE~ what can I say, she's a doll!!
COLLIN, always great!
DONNA, makes amazing drinks, the other girl at the main bar, again RYAN, always great with a smile(I lost my list of names)Sorry if I forget you, don't take it personally, you all deserve a HUGE raise to keep The Jewel P.C.running smoothly. I remember Patrick too very sweet and friendly.
I would come back tomorrow if I could afford to. Thanks you all staff @ JPC, My memories will last forever!
Thanks, Jeff & Christine from CAPE BRETON ISLAND~ NOVA SCOTIA Mon

Room Tip: I liked 421, very quiet and close to everything
Dear Christine

It was our esteem pleasure to have hosted you and delighted that all the staff mentioned made your stay a memorable one and hope to host you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Runaway Bay
Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton

Property: Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton
Address: Paradise Cove Drive, Runaway Bay, Jamaica (Formerly Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa)
Region: Caribbean > Jamaica > Saint Ann Parish > Runaway Bay
#2 On the Beach Hotel in Runaway Bay
#2 Top resorts Hotel in Runaway Bay
#2 Luxury Hotel in Runaway Bay
#2 Spa Hotel in Runaway Bay
#2 Green Hotel in Runaway Bay
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £££
Hotel Class:4 star — Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, Hotel.de, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection By Hilton Jamaica, Caribbean