“Mike and Colleens Dream Wedding. 4/12/2014”

Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was our third time back to Jamaica, and the other Resorts we have been to can't even come close to this one. The Resort was beautiful, We traveled in April and the weather there was great. We choose this resort because of all the great reviews, the beautiful Pics by the ocean, We wanted something to remember and we got it. The food was great, many varieties to choose from. Entertainment was good and you will never get board There is always something to do. And last but not least, We want to thank all of the staff at the resort. Tamar our wedding coordinator. She is the best and went out of her way to make our day the most perfect one. Cassie for taking care of us while we were there and being our ring bearer,and Collen at the front desk for all your help. We can't thank you all enough for our Beautiful Wedding. So if your planning a wedding or dream vacation, this is it. :) We are returning next year in April, along with a group of people. Can't wait.

Room Tip: Concierge suite was great, you will love the view of the ocean every morning when you wake up. So pe...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colleen P
Althea G, Ambassador at Paradise Cove at Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear Colleen

It was our pleasure to have hosted and delighted that not only your vacation was memories created, the once in a lifetime moment that was executed tastefully by Tamar and the other team members those will also last a life time. Hope to host you again soon.

Althea Gibson

Write a ReviewReviews (3,242)

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Traveled April 29 - May 6 and opted for ocean view room. Room was in Bldg 9 on the 2nd floor and had a great view. Staff is exceptional, at check in/out, maid service, waiter/waitress, gardeners...etc....they all understand the meaning of customer service.
Food was above average, ate in all restaurants except Japanese. Staff is attentive to your requests.
Had Steel Band playing one night and they were exceptional.
As other reviewers have provided positive comments as well as recommendations (bathroom drainage), I will not repeat.
Overall we would say this is one of the best AI's we have stayed at over the last 12 years.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kenmcg

Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to share and delighted that this is the best all inclusive you have stayed during your 12 years of travel. It was our pleasure and looking forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I went with my mother, aunt and Uncle April 29 - May 4th. I did not feel "weird" at all being at an adult only mostly couple resort, not as a couple. Single people should feel very comfortable and safe.

Rooms:

We stayed in building 9 on the 2nd floor with an amazing view of the water. The rooms are gorgeous and clean and appear to be brand new. Yes, the tub with the shower goes all over the floor, but with some creative towel placement, not an issue.

Food:

Top Notch. There is a limited but varied selection of food, but the food is fresh and prepared perfectly. I much prefer this to tons of crappy or cold food. Not the case at JPC. My fave by far was the Italian. The Lamb chops were amazing. The grill was delicious. Jerk Chicken wraps and cheeseburgers so yum. I was not impressed with the Platinum...food did nothing for me. The pizza was so good....they tell you it takes 20mins, so have a drink and look at the view. Breakfast did not have enough selection for me. While it was delicious, it was the same and got redundant...especially since the resort does not serve booze until 10am...no mimosa or bloody marys. We also did not try the Japanese. If you have been to 1 hibachi, you have been to them all in my opinon.

Drinks
Again...top notch. No watered down drinks here. I loved the Appleton and Sprite...very good. All the liquor was top shelf and drinks made yummy

There is no words to describe..from Daine (who took care of my many many emails prior to arrival) to Collin at the front desk, Choy at the watersports, Ryan at the bar, literally not one person said NO the entire time we were there for anything. I have not encountered a more nice group of people at a resort in my life. Kudos to all.

Beach
Yes, its a cove. Plenty of room at both the beaches and the pools. No need for towel game, as plenty of space. The cove was pretty seaweedy but you could find spaces to walk.

Overall
This resort will not stay at this price point for long. The service and amentities are gorgeous.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank fluffy_k_69
Althea G, Ambassador at Paradise Cove at Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest

It was our pleasure and delighted that you had a great time with your mom and aunt, and did not feel like you were at a couples resort. We are so happy that the staff mentioned took care of you from prior, at arriving and departing. We look forward to your return again soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Just started the second day and getting ready to go off on a scuba trip which is included.
My family booked this at the last minute through Cheap Caribbean at a big discount and we were not expecting much. We were wrong.
It is a beautiful resort, very clean and all of the food so far has been quite good for an all inclusive resort. The room is more than adequate in size and has a beautiful bathroom. It is clear that the place is been redone. There are three or four pools and plenty of room for everyone. You are not on top of each other.
The most amazing aspect of this resort is the staff. Everyone is so very friendly. I mean everyone.
I believe in providing gratuities to staff members, even at an all inclusive. Perhaps this is one of the reasons I am being treated so well. But, in all honesty, I think not. I think this is just a staff that does their job exceptionally well.
I have always found that reading long reviews gets tedious. So I will stop now and provide further information as I get further into my trip.

Room Tip: Pool view room is fine. No need to do Ocean view if you are budget conscious, since resort is compac...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Tom

Thank you for taking the time to share while here and appreciate and delighted that you are having a marvellous time. Do continue to enjoy, relax and have fun.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We booked to celebrate our 15 year anniversary and we got everything we wanted...relaxation, fun, a clean room, good food, good service and a great value (excursions included). We met a fun group of people early in our stay and together, we we're able to wake up and shut down the Blinq disco to cap off most of the evenings. Noise containment might be the reason not to, but the outdoor area of Bling could easily be transformed into an awesome spot...ambience lighting, outdoor furniture, etc. The piano bar was good too, but not exactly my cup of tea after about 30 minutes (the rum made me want to get moving at the disco, lol). If you think you might want to participate in beach volleyball, the sand is not loosely packed in places or of the finest grain, so consider wearing water shoes. A few guys, me included, planted a big toe on a sharp shell or rock and tore off some skin. As others have said, the staff was simply amazing! A shout out to bartenders Oshane and Howard, beach servers Bret-Lee and Casey, wait staff Kerice, Ricardo, and Damian, "Omlet King" Merrick, and the entire entertainment crew: Barbie, Dyce, and who could forget Gravity! If you like a little spicy and sweet, try the Jamaica! Jamaica! pizza with their very tasty spicy Mango sauce. I topped mine with chicken and it was some of the best I've had. Thanks Kerice! We'll be booking this trip again and hope to see some of you once again!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jeff A

Dear Jeff

It was our pleasure to have hosted you and delighted that you can't wait to return. We also are looking forward to your return and to enjoy more of Paradise.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

The resort itself is breath taking, yet the staff here make it a true experience! Their commitment to serving and entertaining their guests is phenomenal! Nashawn and Sheldon were at the emerald lagoon pool area during the majority of our stay; book this hotel then go find them! They're two of the best employees that this wonderful place has! We'll definitely be back!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lynsey P
Althea G, Ambassador at Paradise Cove at Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Lynsey

Thanks for taking the time to share and it was our esteem pleasure to have hosted youand delighted that you had an amazing time. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The good...
Great rooms even the low budget ones are awesome with huge showers, beautifully done.
Great food authentic jerk, seafood off the chain, buffets are theme and mm good!.
Hot water and hot coffee...either one luke warm bothers me.
Lots of activities...exercise, fun and games...all included
FREE trip to Dunn's River and shopping...we didn't go but a nice bonus...we done both!
Air condition so cool/cold! (No locked thermo)
Huge towels...nice for a chubby girl or folks who just like to be really covered!
Price...awesome with Expedia!
FREE internet and movie channels for those days you just want to sleep in!

The bad
The bar has no Jack Daniels and limited high budget Vodka and other spirits....but ask they could have some stashed behind the bar. Also I here you could get a "liquor package" but I wouldn't..

Conclusion
A REAL Winner in a BIG way, come visit (I might just be there)! — at Jewel Paradise Cove.

Room Tip: All the rooms are a good size but lower priced ones have a large shower not a tub. All have great ba...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MsFroggy32

Dear Guest

Thanks for sharing and it was our pleasure to have hosted and delighted that you had a great time, and we appreciate you taking the time to share re the liquor, we take comments as a positive and will use to enhance our product. Looking forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Runaway Bay
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
1 mi away
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort
Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton
Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica
Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

Been to Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton

Address: Paradise Cove Drive, Runaway Bay, Jamaica (Formerly Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa)
Region: Caribbean > Jamaica > Saint Ann Parish > Runaway Bay
#2 Top resorts Hotel in Runaway Bay
#2 Luxury Hotel in Runaway Bay
#2 On the Beach Hotel in Runaway Bay
#2 Green Hotel in Runaway Bay
#2 Spa Hotel in Runaway Bay
Price Range: £203 - £426 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection By Hilton Jamaica, Caribbean