“We are already planning another trip back!”

Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

This was our first time in Jamaica and everyone at this resort treated us like royalty. The service was excellent. Every employee went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Our room was very clean and beautiful. The food was great, too!!!!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank erinnarnold
Althea G, Ambassador at Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Guest

It was our pleasure and delighted that all the staff delivered exceptional service, and you are planning your return, we look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

Althea Gibson

There are newer reviews for Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Went back in April, and had a great time. We chose this resort because of the included activities, including golf. The food was great, although the buffet was not the best I have seen. There is a great variety of locations to hang out during the day, with 3 pools/swimup bars, and a nice sized beach. The rooms were clean, and the only complaint I would have is that the sheet on the bed was not fitted.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brad S

Dear Brad

Thanks for taking the time to share and delighted that your return was just as great as the first. Appreciate the feedback, as we always strive to improve our product from our guest feedback. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife and i just spent the last week of June at the paradise cove clebrating our 31st anniversary and i must say it was great. I want to say a special thanks to Nikki Sterling over at TripGuy.com for picking this wonderful resort and taking care of everything for us. I really can't complain about anything, we really loved all the included activities; paddle boarding, kayaking, sunset cruise, snorkeling etc.. I would definitely return.

12  Thank Russell B

Dear Russell

Thanks for taking the time to share, and happy that you had a wonderful vacation, it was our pleasure and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Jewel Paradise Cove (June 2014) and must say am a couple minor "issues" away from a perfect stay! The resort is great, in a great location (not too far from Ocho Rios and just over an hour from the airport) and the staff is awesome. The food and activities available were also very good.

The minor issues keeping me from giving the Jewel a perfect score are:

1) No "background" music anywhere except for 1 speaker pointing to the beach. But if you're sitting at any bar or any of the wonderful hammocks located throughout the property don’t expect to hear anything besides silence or at the bars they would play the audio of the TVs. I’m sorry, but if I’m sitting at a outdoor bar enjoying a tropical beverage in a Jamaican paradise, or relaxing by the pool, I would love to hear some reggae or calypso music playing in the background! Doesn’t have to be blaringly loud, but something to make me feel like I’m really in the Caribbean! I can understand that during the World Cup Soccer matches, the audio of the match would be playing, but the matches were only 90 minutes twice a day! The rest of the day, I don’t care to hear the news or SportsCenter!

2) The meal times/options. Let me start by saying the buffet is excellent! I thoroughly enjoyed it each day and in my opinion, it more than makes up for the following issues I have with the other restaurants on site. Let’s start with the “formal” restaurant Platinum. Very pretentious! I can’t believe I took up luggage space with pants and shoes for this! I mean the waiters are wearing white Mickey Mouse looking gloves. Really?! The food was mediocre at best. Jade Samurai was actually pretty good and entertaining as it is teppanyaki style service, however, as for the Golden Sabre Sushi…that’s more of a tiny sushi counter to have appetizers while you wait for a real meal. The “rolls” were literally 1 tiny piece. When I order a roll at any sushi restaurant, it’s usually an 8-10 inch actual roll, cut into about ½ inch wheels, well just 1 of those wheels is what this place calls a “roll”! I ordered everything on the menu TWICE (which only took me about 3 seconds to eat) then left to go eat a real meal at the Italian place Moonstone, which is not bad at all. The pizza available throughout the day is very nice too for a quick hold-me-over bite. Meal times though are a bit of a problem though (mainly for dinner). Everything closes pretty early, by like 9. I like to enjoy the sun and activities throughout the day, have a few drinks as I watch the sunset around 7:30 this time of year (of course the drinks are enjoyed in silence because the bars don’t play music) and before you know it, I have about 30 minutes combined to get ready for dinner before getting shut out. Now, the Aquamarina Grill being open all night is nice, and saved me one night, but you’re limited to hamburger, hot dogs and jerk chicken (which is pretty good).

3) There’s nothing to do immediately outside the resort. We wanted to go and get an authentic Jamaican meal one night and were recommended a couple places in Ocho Rios but the cab ride was estimated to be around 80 USD round trip. That’s a little steep! Kinda makes me wish I would have stayed IN Ocho Rios instead! Maybe if the Jewel would provide some sort of shuttle service making a couple trips a day (and I don’t mean as a tour, even if it’s 15/20 bucks) something like that might be nice in order to allow people the luxury of enjoying the town at their leisure, but having a means of mass transit back and forth at set times, I think that would be nice.

4) Reef protection! This one really hurt me to witness. I am an avid outdoorsman and have grown up fishing and diving the reefs in the Florida Keys. While I don’t consider myself a tree-hugger, I do believe in doing my part in helping protect the environment to the best of my abilities. With that said, while on the snorkeling trip, I was floored to see the crew drop anchor right onto the reef and drag it until it caught. It caught so well that after several attempts at freeing it, a crew member had to jump in the water to release it, and all the while I was cringing at the damage that was being done. I consider reefs and underwater sea life to be absolutely amazing and this resort is blessed with pristine waters and a beautiful reef just off the coast that can be used to share such a wonderful ecosystem with millions of tourists who might not be so fortunate to have ever experienced something similar in their lives. With all its beauty though, the marine ecosystem is incredibly delicate, therefore, dragging a 50-60 pound anchor across it, 2 to 3 times a day, 7 days a week is absolutely appalling and extremely careless. Doing so is destroying the very reefs that are drawing millions of tourists to the Caribbean islands to begin with! And to think all the other countless resorts on the island are more than likely doing the same thing is unbelievable. I honestly don’t know how it has not occurred to anyone to install some simple mooring buoys in an effort to protect this natural habitat.

I know all this might sound harsh, but it really isn’t (well except for the reef thing). Overall our stay was great. I only mention them as constructive criticism because, at least for me, they are keeping the Jewel Paradise Cove as a very good resort rather than an unbelievable resort.

6  Thank csprague0413
Althea G, Ambassador at Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to share, and appreciate you letting us know of your experience. Your comments will be used in a positive manner, as we continue to improve on our product from our guest feedback. We are delighted that you had a great time and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We just returned from Jewel Paradise Cove. It was our first time in Jamaica and we couldn't be happier with our choice of resort. I researched several resorts before choosing Jewel Paradise Cove. Everything was just as it looked in the photos. The service was exceptional and the staff went above and beyond expectations. We met great people there and had a wonderful time with all the things to do. Jewel offered many things included that were at an additional cost with other properties, including the transportation from the airport. We plan on returning again next year.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Denise H

Dear Denise

It was our pleasure to have hosted you , and delighted that you had a great time, and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel June 20 - 23, 2014 and had a most pleasurable experience. Upon arriving we were given cool towels and welcoming drinks. The Front Desk promptly checked us in and brought us to our comfortable room which overlooked one of the many pools. Although we had to take the stairs up two levels, that was ok as it helped us to burn some calories from all the delicious food and drinks that was available. The staff was very helpful and polite making sure that we were being well taken care of every step of the way. We also liked the idea of introducing the management staff, who were very hands-on. We had to leave the hotel premises a few times to visit family, and for our safety and protection, the staff asked us to provide information as to where we were going and recorded the license plate of the vehicle picking us up, we thought this was a great idea. The entertainment was fabulous with Barbie putting on a splendid show each night as an all-rounder entertainer. Her friendly manner and infectious smile made it all the more fun. Thanks for a great vacation.

4  Thank Marge251

Dear Guest

We are delighted that you had a great time and the choice of resort for your vacation was wonderful. It was our pleasure to have hosted you and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from a weeks stay... From the moment we arrived we where treated with the upmost respect from all staff members we came in contact with... From front desk staff to waiters to entertainment crew... They all work incredible hard to make your stay perfect... The Buffett whilst not being the largest choice we have had in previous all inclusives....I have to say it is one of the best, in fact we only tried one of the other restaurants and that was moonstone (Italian) on our last night.. Food here was very good but service very slow...the hotel put on a 4th July party on our last night and whilst we are English we still enjoyed the entertainment and most of the American guests seemed to have a good time ... I would like to make a special mention about Molly she is one of the entertainment staff.... Always made time to come over and speak to us to make sure everything was good and so sorry we didn't get to say good bye to her.... But hopefully she will still be there on our next visit... Because we certainly will be back.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank paula602016

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us and delighted that you had a great time and enjoyed our resort. It was our pleasure and we look forward to your next return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Runaway Bay
Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton
ClubHotel Riu Negril
ClubHotel Riu Negril
#26 of 80 in Negril

Been to Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton

Address: Paradise Cove Drive, Runaway Bay, Jamaica (Formerly Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa)
Region: Caribbean > Jamaica > Saint Ann Parish > Runaway Bay
#2 Green Hotel in Runaway Bay
#2 Spa Hotel in Runaway Bay
#2 On the Beach Hotel in Runaway Bay
#2 Luxury Hotel in Runaway Bay
#2 Top resorts Hotel in Runaway Bay
Price Range: £190 - £419 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Travelbag, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection By Hilton Jamaica, Caribbean