Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
GreenLeadersSilver level
DEPEW, New York
“GREAT, BUT NOT SO GREAT!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

The service and employees were great. Had a great room. Food needs to be upgraded with more Americanize food items. Need better food items. Too much local dishes. The entertainment each night was very good with a variety of acts being offered. this resort is fairly new, and I am sure things will be improved upon base on reviews being submitted. right now, I would recommend other resorts in Jamaica over this resort.

Room Tip: stay away from main pool area. too noisy at times.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NFA1959
Althea G, Ambassador at Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback and appreciate you letting us know, of your preference with food. We also try to please and use our guest comments positively. Thanks again.

Althea Gibson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (815)
Edwardsville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband and I decided to join my family on vacation this year, and we decided to stay at Jewel Paradise Cove because of the great reviews...and WOW! The reviews do not lie, it was fantastic! The service is the best service I have ever had staying at an all inclusive resort, and we have been on many trips before this one to many different islands. Everyone was very friendly, and always being very helpful.

Collin at the front desk was amazing!! Always super friendly and accomdating. We celebrated my birthday on this trip, and he went above and beyond to make my birthday special and fun! The bartenders were super friendly, fun, and quick! We honestly had no problems while staying here. The food was very good, the pizza and italian place was our favorite! Favorite drink was the Jewel Delight....so good! We didn't make it to Bling, the nightclub, but Jaspers piano bar was a blast everytime!

Only downfall was the long drive to and from the airport to the resort, it was little over an hour each way. It was worth it though!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are in a decent area. We had an ocean view room, but all of the rooms are in good dist...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Amanda H
Dear Amanda

We thank you for your review and it was our pleasure to have hosted you and your family. We are also delighted that you all had a great time, and enjoyed our amenities. We look forward to your return soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I must say that coming to Jamaica and staying at this hotel has been the best vacation that I've ever had! This was my first time coming to Jamaica and I can say that this will surely not be my last. For starters the, the moment that we (my mom and I) arrived and got off of the shuttle bus from the airport we were instantly greeted with smiles and cool hand towels to help cool us down from the heat. Then during check-in, we were offered the drink of the day (which was very tasty might I add). After spending only about 10 minutes checking in we were escorted to our room by the bellman and he was very friendly and informative as well.

The room was awesome! It was spacious and very clean! There was a mini fridge (fully stocked) as well as a spacious closet with a safe and the most comfortable king size bed ever. The bathroom was breathtaking with its huge standup shower that could easily fit 3-4 people! And lastly we had a balcony that gave us a great view of the pool and a place to hang up our wet towels and bathing suits.

After only being on the property for an hour we were in the pool and enjoying taking a dip while ordering a tasty drink from the swim up bar. I must say that the service from the bartender (Dwayne) was outstanding! He made sure that we were pleased with our drinks and he was very friendly and knowledgeable. After being served at the other pool bars on the property, we always came back to the one that Dwayne was working at because his service was just that outstanding!

As for the food, the buffet at the Coral Cafe was verrrry tasty and we never had a complaint. We would go there to eat breakfast and then come back to eat dinner for every day that we were there. It was so good that we never visited the other restaurants on the property except for the Aquamarina Grill. The jerk chicken and fries here were ALWAYS great and stayed open for 24hrs!

On our second day we were asked to come along the orientation tour by one of the guys that worked in the entertainment department. He (Dimitri) was very friendly, entertaining, and informative about the property and the history of Jamaica. If we had any questions he was eager to answer them and ensured that we completely understood everything being discussed. I must say that this was the first time that I've had an orientation at a resort and he did an amazing job!

As for the excursions....I would absolutely recommend going to Dunn’s River Falls! This was the most spectacular excursion that I've ever been on and I've been on quite a few lol. I would say that climbing up that river is an experience that will last you a life time. There is nothing like it and at times there was a little bit of fear from knowing that you need to take careful steps to not fall and hurt yourself but the tour guides there make sure that everyone in their group is safe. Our tour guide (Murray) was very encouraging for those that were a little more afraid than others and he succeeded in making everyone feel comfortable enough to finish the excursion. You must wear rubber soled water shoes (I recommend you wearing a brand new pair to ensure that you'll have good traction). Also, for the ladies....please be sure to wear a secure bathing suit (definitely for the top) but overall because the strength of the water at some of the waterfall sections was pretty strong and could certain pull your top or bottoms right on down lol.

I would also highly recommend the Bob Marley excursion if you are interested in learning about his life and culture. This was the most informative and educational, yet satisfying excursions that I've ever been on. We were taught about the location in which he was born and raised as well as his accomplishments as a musician. We were also given lessons in Patois and quick tips on how to say certain words and phrases. After the tour of Bob Marley's old home and his mausoleum, we were taken for lunch to the Ultimate Jerk Center where the food was awesome! The jerk chicken was absolutely authentic and tasty and I fell in love with what they call festival (similar to a fried donut/zeppole).

Some helpful & time saving tips....
Before your arrival in Jamaica, make sure you sign up for the pass for Club Mobay. This must be set up ahead of time because you cannot sign up for this service upon arrival. This would effectively speed up your experience with going through immigration (which for us, took about 2 hours). I believe it’s about $30 per person and trust me it’s well worth it!

Pack light, all you need are bathing suits, some dresses, sunblock, shades, flip-flops and maybe a pair of shorts and a couple of tank tops. You'll be in the pool or at the beach so much that you won't even want to get dressed (except for at dinnertime lol). If possible, pack your items in a carry on suit case to save time waiting for your bags at baggage claim.

Keep in mind that this resort is about an hour and a half away from the airport so if you can grab a snack for the ride and get your camera ready for the amazing scenery along the way.

Be sure to exchange some of your country's money to the Jamaican cash. At times I felt that it was more beneficial to have the Jamaican cash over the USD. I would recommend that you have most of your money in USD but still get some of it exchanged to the Jamaican cash to be safe.

Lastly, be ready to book your return trip back to Jamaica to stay at the Jewel Paradise Cove because it’s so ahhhhmazing that it'll make you feel like you're home where you belong :-).

Room Tip: I had the Pool View room (King) which was located on the 2nd floor but I would recommend the 1st flo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Rooms
12 Thank Dlowens27
Dear Guest

We are greatful that your mom and yourself had a great time and the amentiites, from staff to service, to food and drink was awesome. We thank you for such a great review and we hope to host you again soon.

Warrenton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Can't say enough good things about this resort! Food was great and always there, drinks were great, people were great. If you're trying to decide on an affordable all-inclusive, this is the one. Stayed 4 nights there, just the wife and I and we had an amazing experience.

Everyone at the resort works very hard to ensure that we were happy. I must give particular thanks to Crazy (that's what he asked us to call him and what his nametag said) for taking us out on a private snorkeling trip that I will never forget as long as I live. He went above and beyond any expectation of customer service to provide us with an intimate experience at one of the most beautiful places on earth. For this I cannot thank him enough.

I absolutely loved my time there and cannot wait to return. Definitely take the time to research this resort if you're considering a Caribbean all-inclusive, everything I read from the other reviews was spot-on.

Like I said, I want to particularly thank Crazy and Captain Smiley for their extra effort in making my vacation excellent; but the entire staff here is awesome!!!

My only advice to travelers is that the shopping trip is to a very touristy shopping center, so expect that instead of more of an authentic market, but other than that everything this place has to offer was great.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the ocean above the 24 hour grill. They play reggae all night, which didn'...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John D
Dear John

It was our pleasure and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I just returned from a five night stay at the Jewel Paradise Cove. This was my first time vacationing in Jamaica and I can say for sure that it's going to be very hard for any future resorts I may stay at to top this one. The Jewel Paradise Cove got it all right. From the second we arrived at the resort, it became very clear that the staff was genuinely concerned about making our stay the best as possible. At check-in I was handed a drink and to my surprise it was strong!! This place does not water down the liquor folks (a major plus for anyone looking to seriously relax). Our bags were immediately brought up to our room. The room was awesome. Some notable features were the ice cold AC and the ultra modern shower. The bed was the most comfortable that I have every slept on at any hotel or resort. Also, each room has a little balcony that is perfect for just hanging out and enjoying a drink or cigar.

Our second day at the resort was spent exploring the grounds. The resort has three different pools, all of which are great. All the pools are equipped with swim up bars. There are also two beaches at this resort. There is the main beach and then a smaller beach. The main beach is where most people go and has plenty of beach chairs and huts. The water is very calm and blue as the beach is on a cove and doesn't directly face the crashing waves of the Caribbean sea. I found the smaller beach perfect for relaxing or taking an afternoon nap.

The food was top notch. The breakfast buffet was wonderful and the omelet station is the highlight. At the lunch buffet I stuck with mainly the Jamaican dishes which I felt were done the best out of the rest of the food. I have to point out that the food really shined on the nights the resort organized dining under the stars. On our second night there they had dinner on the beach (aka dining under the stars). Now this was truly an awesome event. They had a pig roast on the beach which was just fantastic. The entire staff works very hard to make the dinners as special as possible with first class service and great food. All the dinners were accompanied with nightly entertainment (great Jamaican music and dancing). After the entertainment ends, you can head up to the disco which opens at 10:30 most nights to keep the party going into the later hours. You can also go to the piano bar which is a euphoric experience especially with some Jamaican rum in your system!!

Also, water sports are included at this resort. You do not have to pay extra for snorkeling, kayaking, and a multitude of other water activities. We did the snorkeling and our guide took us over a shipwreck and a plane crash!! The water is crystal blue so you see everything perfectly. An excursion to Dunn's River Falls is also included with your stay at the resort. (This normally costs $50 a person, a major plus!!)

All in all, the combination of attentive service, great food and overall relaxation factor make this resort one of the best in Jamaica. I will certainly be back. A special shout out to Colin at the front desk who made our stay perfect from the second we arrived. Awesome job Jewel Paradise Cove!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Ron316
Dear Guest

We are delighted that your first trip to Jamaica, was a memorable and we are happy that you spent it here with us. It was our pleasure and as you states "All in all, the combination of attentive service, great food and overall relaxation factor make this resort one of the best in Jamaica. I will certainly be back" We look forward to your return.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Verrrrrry nice place. From locale to activities, from food quality and choice of restaurants, from the staff to the other guests. Great fun and comfort. Extremely lucky with beautiful weather too.
One small suggestion: Maybe there's a better way for guests to sign up for the popular water activities, instead of asking them to line up so early in the morning to get a spot? It kinda defeats the purpose of an R&R vaca to wake up at 7am and camp outside the hut, but I'd do it again if need be :-)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JD M
Althea G, Ambassador at Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you and it was our pleasure and happy that you enjoyed your time, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know and look forward to hosting you again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

This was my third time vacationing in Jamaica and it was definitely the best. The jewel paradise cove is hands down an excellent resort in every aspect of what a vacation should be.

The resort itself is big, but not overwhelming. The numerous pools, bars, restaurants are all great and spaced accordingly.

Food was great. Whether you would like a buffet, Italian, pizza, jerk chicken or Japanese cuisine this resort has it all.

The grounds are beautiful and it is set right on the water and the views all around are spectacular.

The beach is exactly what the name states, a cove. The beach is nice but me and my family prefer a larger, more open
beach. There is a good amount of seaweed in the water so you have to be careful where you float off to, but overall the beach is beautiful.

What's great about the JPC is that all of the water sports are included as well as the Dunn's River falls. Snorkeling, sunset cruise, paddle boarding, kayaking are all included and available.

I recommend getting a massage at the spa, well worth the money. Spa is right on the beach and was a great experience.

Overall there is nothing more than you could want from an all inclusive resort. JPC has it all. The time we had spent here was truly memorable. What made this vacation different from any other island vacation we had been to, was the jewels' extremely friendly and awesome staff.

We met some of the nicest, hardworking people at the Jewel paradise cove. From the front desk, to bartenders, lifeguards, servers in the restaurants, the entire staff was on a mission to ensure you had a great time.

The names here are people who really stood out in my eyes.

Errol, Kady Ann, Conroy, Craige, Khorey, Kemar, Roan, Pearson, Gifson, Albert.

We are already most likely coming back next summer and I cannot wait!

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
3 Thank Brandon C
Althea G, Ambassador at Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Brandon

It was our esteem pleasure and delighted that you had a marvelous time, and the staff took care of you and thanks for taking the time to mentioned them. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Runaway Bay
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort
Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton
Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection
Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica
Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall

Been to Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton

Property: Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton
Address: Paradise Cove Drive, Runaway Bay, Jamaica (Formerly Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa)
Region: Caribbean > Jamaica > Saint Ann Parish > Runaway Bay
#2 Top resorts Hotel in Runaway Bay
#2 Spa Hotel in Runaway Bay
#2 On the Beach Hotel in Runaway Bay
#2 Green Hotel in Runaway Bay
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £££
Hotel Class:4 star — Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Hilton Hotels Direct, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection By Hilton Jamaica, Caribbean