(Stayed for 1 week in March 2012 for my wedding)
I think this hotel is very hit/miss. The room we stayed in was very comfortable and spacious, great bed and living area and awesome view! I believe it was A1 or A2..something along those lines. However, my parents stayed in a room closer to the front C3 I believe, and the wicker furniture was horrible and very uncomfortable. The kitchens in BOTH rooms lacked the proper kitchen supplies to cook a meal, so we were left with no choice but to buy most of our meals in local resturants.
The pool and swimming area was ok, the grounds were BEAUTIFULLY kept which was awesome for photos! It was a little bit of a walk to the local street, and the dining was limited one you did reach.
I was VERY upset about my wedding day. During the dinner, there was another wedding happening below ours, so they completely shut off our music and we were forced to listen to the other wedding give speeches through my entire dinner...and we were allowed to only play 1 song for our dance? For this reason alone...I would never return and it made my stay horrible because we paid good money to have the wedding there and were obviously not priority to the staff at Pipers Cove.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Piper's Cove is a tranquil ocean view resort located in a Cove along the magnificent Runaway Bay north coast in Jamaica. Warm, sunny tropical days with brilliant sunsets are the norm, with cool evenings and star filled nights. This unique property is family owned. It provides the perfect destination for your vacation. The hotel offers 14 spacious one bedroom Apartments with ocean or garden view, and 6 Studio Rooms with a view of the mountain. All are equipped for self-catering (kitchenette with refrigerator, stove and cooking utensils),air conditioning, ceiling fan, cable TV, intercom telephone and a patio. Free WiFi is available on property and in all guest rooms. A Restaurant (meals are prepared to order), Bar, Small Private Beach for relaxation & leisure, Swimming Pool are on property. Delicious, fresh and healthy Caribbean cuisine is the specialty of our culinary staff, featuring lots of seafood and delectable native fruits. If you have some particular preferences or dietary requirements, don't hesitate to ask. Our friendly staff always aim to please. Be sure to sample our special tropical drinks and Jamaica's world renowned rum. We take great pleasure in hosting your special occasions including Weddings, Receptions, Family Reunions, Luncheons & Parties. Piper's Cove is 60 minutes from the Montego Bay Airport, 25 minutes from Ocho Rios and Dunn's River Falls and close to many other attractions and entertainment for which we offer tours. Airport transfer can be arranged.At Piper's Cove Resort our guests set the pace for their vacation. Just let us know your speed... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Piper's Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Piper`s Cove Hotel Runaway Bay
- Piper's Cove Resort Jamaica/Runaway Bay, Caribbean