“Very Caring, Sensitive Staff. A beautiful hideaway. Love it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Piper's Cove Resort

Piper's Cove Resort
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica
“Very Caring, Sensitive Staff. A beautiful hideaway. Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

I took ill on my honeymoon last March, 2012. Miss Daisy and her team assisted me & my husband with whatever we needed that was in their possession, ie. rum, lime and even some suggestions. We were unable to continue our stay due to results from the doctors of a nearby clinic Miss Daisy had suggested. We ended our stay without any penalty, a refund for the remainder of the time we had booked and great concern. They constantly check with my husband to see how I was doing. WONDERFUL!! Our Wedding Reception, the FOOD, the ambience, the care..... Wonderful! My husband & I went back in Sept & look 4ward 2 goin again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 2RegularTraveller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

I was suprised by some of the reviews. I've stayed at Pipers Cove several times over the past couple of years, the lastest being early October 2012.
Congradulations Surrey Shaz I was there when your wedding took place!

Pipers Cove is not Party Central it is very quaint, quiet and comfortable, not a place for kids; not enough for them to do.
It is a wonderful place to spend time with someone special; works even better if your someone is Jamaican, it will be easier to get out and around and soak up the sun.
The grounds are beauitful and the staff is attentive. The very best thing I like is that at nite I go to sleep and feel safe and secure.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank MzTerriMarie
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

We were searching the web reviews for a place to stay at that was close to Flavours Beach. Came across Pipers Cove and the excellent reviews. Booked our room for Jamaica's 50th celebration August 6, 2012. Was the best decision we have ever made. The people, rooms and people are exactly what you would want on your vacation. Ms. Daisy and her crew are so welcoming and are available anytime you need them. We didn't get everyone's names but you might want to hook up with Berres. Need a ride somewhere? He's your man!!

We had a 1 bedroom suite with a requested king size bed. Of all the hotels I have stayed at, this bed was the MOST confortable.

The grounds are well protected with security. The little beach was cleaned daily, and the pool overlooks the beautiful beach and sunsets. Have a look at the pictures I took during our stay.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom apartments are huge and have balconies.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BarbadosBim
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012

Stayed at pipers cove several occasions the rooms are very clean, the kitchenettes are appointed for light fare, the kitchen prepares meals for reasonable cost.

Can't say enough about this corner of the north coast which I can call my home away from home...

The crew at pipers cove take care of your needs.. Always beyond the call of duty and always make you feel home and secure.

Will come home again and again as long as paradise remains the the folks at pipers are there to take care of me..

Thanks miss daisey and your wonderful crew look forward to seeing you all again to visit and bring in new years!!!

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank littlesweetdee
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

We got married at Pipers Cove on the 6th October 2012. We came home today after having the most wonderful time in Jamaica. My husbands family live in Jamaica so they had sorted everything out for us. The weather was beautiful, and the venue was outstanding. The ceremony was held on the top deck over looking the ocean and our reception was held downstairs. All open air and the food was wonderful. My mother in law had arranged for us to stay there on our wedding night and the room we were in again overlooked the ocean and was more like a flat. The owner, Ms Chin, called us to say goodnight and arranged for tea and breakfast to be brought to our room the next morning.

I can not rate this place highly enough. I had the perfect wedding day.

Thank you Ms Chin and staff.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the ocean. Beautiful to wake up to.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SurreyShaz
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

While in Jamaica on business, I had the opportunity to stay at a quaint oceanfront resort called pipers cove. I loved it here because it is not big and touristy like the mega resorts. The rooms are clean, comfortable, air conditioned, with cable and wifi. There is a bar and restaurant on site that makes great Jamaican food at very reasonable costs. the owner Ms. Daisey is always on site and walking around the property and full of great conversation. The beach is nice and I had it to myself for much of my stay. It's a far different feel from the busy resort that's across the ocean from pipers cove. The staff is all very friendly and accommodating, and willing to help you in any way. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for that home away from home feel. The room prices are very reasonable, and is a great value for the service and rooms.

Room Tip: The oceanfront apartments are great.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank sofly1
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

I friendly reception made me feel so at ease and settled. The white appartments on a beach seemed so enchanting and suited the natural surroundings. Calm, clean and comfortable which is just what I needed, no fuss and need any fancy modern stuff just simply nice.

Food: lovely, filling and authentic.
Staff: helpful, friendly and made me feel looked after by a close relative.
Surroundings: Safe and beautiful (next door to prude - headenism.)
Kitchen: dated pine wood style but clean. You will need to ask for basic cooking utensils and pots.
TV - had terrible reception but that didn't knock many points off.

Away from the busy and buzzy locations. So not ideal if you like a lively nightlife. About 20mins walk to the nearest shop (with limited food supplies). However, close to local buses. Good for single holidays, couples but not for families because the children may get bored and not appreciate peace and quiet. Overall, lovely. Due another visit real soon.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends