“Truly a Wonderful Getaway from Everything!!”

Piper's Cove Resort
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at Piper's Cove May 7-15th, 2013 and was very pleased. Ms. Chin, the owner, is a most humble and accommodating hostess along with Latoya who can always be found at the front desk smiling and very willing to help in any way possible.
Firstly, the grounds are kept immaculate, the rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. Some of the rooms are 1 bedroom apartments with a full kitchen, living room, dining room, bathroom, bedroom and a small balcony, there are also studio apartments. Some have ocean views and others have garden views. There is a kitchen on the property where you can order meals if you do not feel like venturing out. There is a small pool to take a dip/swim in along with a small beach area. This was our 2nd wedding anniversary and we were looking for peace and quiet and we sure found it at Piper's Cove ;-) ;-). I must say that every staff member was courteous, pleasant and very willing to help in any way. We want to thank Ms. Chin, LaToya, Beres, Dianne, the 2 wonderful women who cooked our meals along with the rest of the staff for everything. Beres, hugs and kisses to you darling for all that you did for us.
When ready to venture out there is a beautifully clean and wonderful beach within walking distance called Flavours Beach and there is a bar/restaurant right there and the food is pretty good. If you take public transport (van) into the town of Ocho Rios it is dirt cheap and takes about 20-25 minutes to get there and you can pick up your souvenirs, etc. A very short drive from the hotel you will find small stores and small supermarkets (L&M was my favorite). Of course, there are places to get good jerk, I liked Scotchie's Jerk Centre but did NOT like Ultimate Jerk Centre.
If you are not looking for the run of the mill all-inclusive, activity ridden type place and prefer a simple, small, quiet and personable hotel then please give Ms. Chin and LaToya a call, they will only be too happy to answer any questions you may have. Also, feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding my review.

Room Tip: Ask for an Ocean View
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank JamaicanHoneyma

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Mrs Chinn is truly a Gem!!
I've stayed at Pipers cove several times over the past couple of years and recently I married the love of my life there. It was soooooooo pretty!
Mrs Chinn and her staff were outstanding. She worked with me and helped me to have a beautiful ceremony and stay within my budget. It is quite a challange to plan and arrange a wedding and not be there to be "hands on". But Mrs Chin made it happen!

Pipers Cove is a wonderful place to stay if you want to just chill and wind down. It's not party central or a place where kids can go go all day. But it is a place where you can depend on a clean bed, good food and a wonderful caring staff!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MzTerrieMarie
Reviewed 30 April 2013

This was my 6th time to Jamaica and the first time I didn't stay at an all inclusive resort. Pipers Cove was the perfect place to try this new way of exploring an amazing Island. My room had a small kitchen and the market was a short walk away. I was there from Apr 22nd - 29th so it was during the off season. I made many new friends and plan on visiting often. if you need to escape for peace and quiet whether alone or with friends I highly recommend Piper's Cove.

Room Tip: The studio apts are great but there is not much to look at when sitting on the balcony. Paying a lit...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Boney33
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Pipers Cove..
I was unsure of renting this villa for 12 wonderful days since I am used the all-inclusive resort experience. I have travelled to Jamaica over 60 times and wanted to really experience the beauty....the tranquility and ambiance of what Jamaica can bring. I can say that Pipers Cove definitely delivered. The gracious owner, Miss Chin was the epitome of what great customer service should be. Her charm and due diligence ensures us that all our needs were met. Her cleaning staff was on point at all times and the grounds were just breath taking. We stayed when the villa was full… and it always felt like we rented the whole property. This is place for solace, privacy and safety. We definitely received more value for our money. It was a blessing to stay here.
Just note, even though the beach view is breath taking... bring swimming shoes, some areas of the beach are quite rocky but to have a private beach area oh well. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Apts on the corner like E! are spacious.... but would recommend the larger rooms facing the sea...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Claudine M
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We stayed at Piper's Cove as a family party of six and what a pleasure it was to be there we could gladly have stayed longer. The staff are friendly and helpful. The accommodation was beautiful and comfortable. We had a relaxing stay and the location was a good base from which to explore the northern coast of Jamaica. Thank you Mrs Chin and all your staff - you were great and we certainly recommend you to anyone we know.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gerald521
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I wrote my first TripAdvisor review after staying at Jewels Dunns River, and though, prior to that visit, I've stayed at Pipers Cove on more than one occasion, it never occurred to me to write a review for this property, so I'm righting a wrong.....

Staying at Pipers Cove is like being at your personal vacation home with maid service. Miss Daisy and her staff go out of their way to ensure your every need is met. Suffice it to say, that if I didn't have the option of staying with friends when I visit Runaway Bay, Pipers Cove is definitely where I would be. The rates are very reasonable and meals are freshly prepared for you (if you didn't want to take advantage of the fully equipped kitchens.) If you're looking for a restful and peaceful vacation, this is the place.

It should be mentioned that due to its relaxing and serene surroundings, Pipers Cove may not be appealing to children. For this reason, it may be especially suitable for adults who want to get away from the daily hustle and bustle. Need I say more?

Room Tip: You can't go wrong in any of the rooms......
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Roni L
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I took ill on my honeymoon last March, 2012. Miss Daisy and her team assisted me & my husband with whatever we needed that was in their possession, ie. rum, lime and even some suggestions. We were unable to continue our stay due to results from the doctors of a nearby clinic Miss Daisy had suggested. We ended our stay without any penalty, a refund for the remainder of the time we had booked and great concern. They constantly check with my husband to see how I was doing. WONDERFUL!! Our Wedding Reception, the FOOD, the ambience, the care..... Wonderful! My husband & I went back in Sept & look 4ward 2 goin again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple