A little late with the review as I went to this resort with 4 other women between the ages of 21 and 53 last April. We had a FANTASTIC time, relaxing by the pool, at the beach, and enjoying the great food. The staff was great - very friendly and helpful. Juan, a manager at the resort, was great. I recommend saying hi to him; he is very friendly and complimentary of us Canadians!
The rooms were very clean; the housekeeping service was very prompt and cleaned our room every morning. There were plenty of towels, washcloths, an iron, hairdryer and a complimentary safe in each room.
Contrary to other comments, we thought the beaches were fantastic! There are 2 beaches; both are very quiet and well taken care of. The servers came down to the beach often, asking if we wanted drinks!
The pool was big and clean; we spent a lot of time sitting around the pool. Our only complaint is that the DJ by the pool played the same songs over and over and it was really loud.
We ate at the Japanese restaurant and the Grill. Both had great food and the staff service was fantastic, as well as entertaining. We were told that there would be more restaurants opening shortly.
We went on one outing, the "Highlights" tour, for $40 USD, where we went into Ocho Rios for some shopping, to a botanical garden, and to Dunn's River Falls. It was great for people who want to do some bargain shopping away from the resort, and to see the falls.
We had a great time at the Bahia Principe and a few of us are returning next spring! Enjoy Jamaica...it IS your vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay, Caribbean