My boyfriend and I spent a week at the GBP and had a great time!
We paid for an ocean view and got an awesome view of the pool and the ocean. We were right above the lobby though, so it was quite noisy in the evening. Thankfully we didn't spend too much time in our room! We were put in a room that was separated from another by a paper thin door. Next to us was a family who had brought two very young children. They were up screaming and crying through the night and up very early in the morning making lots of noise. I understand that it is a family resort but being a mother of young children myself, I was up at every noise these children made. When asked about a change, they had nothing to offer us. Try to avoid those joint rooms!
The area of the hotel we were in also was undergoing some minor renovation, so we did get to enjoy the sound of hammers if we were in our room. The maid service was excellent! Our bar was always restocked, linens changed and lovely art.
The staff around the resort were all around great! Very friendly and fun! The only issue I had was seeing the lifeguard smoking marijuana.... I don't smoke but I'm not offended by those who do, however I found it very unprofessional, especially with so many young children in the pool.
The pool was clean and so big that it was never really crowded. You did have to get up early to reserve a chair however. That was annoying!
FOOD: I loved it! The buffet was great for breakfast but you had to rush to get some bacon when it arrived ;) There was always a variety and a different theme every night. Jamaican night we tried alot of the local dishes and absolutely love it! We went to the snack bar a few times for lunch, the Jerk chicken is amazing! We went to three of the other restaurants and had a great experience at them all.
BARS: I found they were average. The pool bar did have an overwhelming smell of stale beer but what can you expect from an outdoor facility? I did see them cleaning in the evening. The choice however was poor. You had to pay extra for "premium" alcohol. If you like rum, you'll be good to go.
Entertainment: We attended the shows every evening. They did have a different one each night but I think 5 out of 7 nights were the same group of dancers and it got less entertaining as time went on. The steel band was amazing though! The entertainment crew did a great job of giving life to the pool area and did a funny preshow every evening on the main stage!
We spent a lot of time off of the resort doing some excursions. However, I recommend going with a guided tour or group. I felt very uncomfortable with the locals trying to hand you weed, and home made cd's and reaaaaalllllyyy trying to get your money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay, Caribbean