My wife and I travel quite a bit, this is our second gran bahia property. We are not ones to write bad reviews, however if we can deter one couple from wasting their money, then we will feel much better, as we just wasted ours.
The building and property were very nice. Rooms were nice. We had alot of little things, nothing really major, but all together made for a poor trip. And as previously mentioned, second time to a gran bahia, second time encountering the same issues.
-Had our check in date wrong
-We had two beds , instead of one
-One buffet to feed 840 rooms and staff members who sell time shares, THERE WAS NEVER ANY FOOD. They could not keep up.
-They never had towels at the pool, even first thing in the morning.
-They did not have working blenders for blended drinks
-They ran out of certain alcohol at beginning of week, never stocked up
-AC didn't work, reported it, told they sent someone to fix it, after 3 times we gave up and did not sleep all week.
-Very little service, and YES we are
book a la carte dinners first day at resort, told all full, placed on cancellation list.
-Our plane left late in day on departure day, no towels in shower room.
-Several other guests joined us in the theme of " NO ONE CARES". We have been to Jamaica several times with another chain, and we LOVED
- TIME SHARES, GIVE IT A REST PEOPLE, enough said.
Bottom line is the gran bahias are too big to make you feel special, catered too while on vacation, while other , smaller chains go beyond to make sure all is perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Alpha Holidays Limited, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay, Caribbean