Starting off, I would like to say I had a really good time and this is just my experience. Was there from Nov 10th-16th. Check in was quick and efficient. We prepaid for the Gold Club and were sent over there after receiving our room keys. Gold club has 4 computers which we were entitled to internet for half hr a day. Small bar is the corner to make your own drinks but quick tip, if u need ice they have plenty in here. One thing that was disappointing was were given 2 reservations to the a la cart restaurants of THEIR choice and THEIR times. We just wanted to get into the water so we did not complain. Back to the front desk for our safe keys. Safe was kinda tricky but very easy once u figure it out.
We get to our room, nice room but basically ground level. Rooms on the same level as the lobby have a terrace outside of the rooms so not the best of views. We stayed in room 23312. Maid was super friendly and we had her 6 of the 7 days we stayed.
We did tip her and everything we asked of her was taken care of. Tips at the swim up bar a appreciated but hardly mandatory for good service. Service was above par for everyone. One complaint was the blenders were mysteriously gone from more than one bar after a huge thunder and lightning storm, O well.
Pool is very big and windy. Swim up bar was great with music coming from right behind it. Plenty of chairs by the pools. If you want the cabanas, like u read before, you must get there early to "reserve" which I hate. Activities are posted by the pool for the whole day so u can map ur day around what u wanna do.
Food was so so. I have been to 5 all inclusives now and have came accustom to buffet food. This was no different. Plenty of choices for all tastes. Dinner buffet has country theme nights so they have an abundance of food from that country in a separate area. Breakfast buffets again, several choices of just about anything u want. Omelet station or 2 I believe. The lunch buffet on the beach was so so. YES the jerk chicken u hear about is very good and moist. Be careful of how much jerk sauce u add. Its very hot. Didn't even have to try the hellfire sauce, the medium was hot enough lol. Ordered room service and came in about 45 minutes. Burger with fries and a cheese pizza. Was okay, fries were hotter than the burger to be honest.
We are pool people and never once went to a beach so cant comment on any of them.
Used our pool towels multiple time because of the horror stories we read. Took care of the maid and she brought us 2 new towels instead of dealing with the towel hut.
Checkout was a breeze. Only thing is if you want top shelf liquor or redbull it is all charged to your room. They don't accept cash. So upon checkout, I owed a hefty bill, because of my taste that is.
Overall I would only rate this a 4 star resort. You get what u paid for. If u wanna drop 2 grand a person and have lavish food and amenities then do it. But for the price we paid ($1,275 US) for a week, there is not much to complain about. I would recommend this resort to anyone. Kid friendly, couples, singles. Would I return, no because the Caribian has thousands of resorts and I would like to see more. One last thing is you must visit Dolphin Cove. Was the only excursion we did and its a once in a life time experience. If you have any questions I would love to help you out. Just message me on here and I will try my best. Have fun, I did!!!! Shout out Julia and Maria from Vancouver :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay, Caribbean