Have just got back from 2 weeks at the Grand Bahia and thought I would write a short review.
Check in was quick and easy although there was no one to show us to our room, so we found it ourselves ( no problem ). Room was on the 3rd floor block 18 overlooking the main beach area, very nice view. The room was clean with a large four poster bed. We did not have any problems with getting clean towels when we wanted them ( I think wash cloths are an American thing, have never had them in any of the other Hotels that we have stayed in ! ).
Food was on a par with other AI Hotels there is always a good selection so it is not a problem to find something to eat. Not sure what people are looking for when they say that there is not much choice at Breakfast, no idea what they eat when they are at home there was just about anything you could want and a lot more selection than I have at home.
Hotel was large but well laid out. Grounds were immaculate with the Gardeners always keeping them clean and tidy. The lobby areas are very spacious with a good view overlooking the Pool and Ocean from the terrace.
We did not use the pool as we are Beach people, and most days used the Nudist beach which is a bit of a walk but worth it. It was like having your own private beach on some days ( glad you Americans and Canadians don't like taking your clothes off Ha ha ).
Only did 1 trip which was the Dunns River Falls well worth the money. There is a guy that follows you on the walk up the falls that videos you and them you can buy the video for $40, just got back home and watched it, better than I expected.
Overall the Holiday was excellent. There was nothing to complain about that would be worth writing about. Just go and enjoy it.
Could write a lot more about the place but as I said at the beginning ( a short review )
Would I go again, no, the same as what other people have said, there are so many other places to see and experience, but I would certainly recommend this Hotel to others.
If anyone has any questions I would be more than happy to answer them if I can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay, Caribbean