As members of the Bahia Privilege Club, we expected that we would have a special check-in area. We were led to a Privilege Club Lounge where we were checked in with a brief (but inadequate) explanation of the resort. We then had to take our own bags to the room, led by a Privilege club host, with an elevator that would not work. After unpacking, we tried to lock our passports and money in the safe but could not get it to lock. There were no instructions. After several calls and being given written instructions (albeit the wrong ones) a host came to the room to instruct us on it's operation. Dinner the first night was in the main buffet and was comparable to others that we have experienced at Bahia Resorts. As members of the club, we had a la carte restaurants the remaining nights. A major problem that we encountered at the Italian restaurant was that we waited over an hour to get our main course for dinner. There was a wedding reception in the dining room that night and everything got backed up. We have experienced this at other restaurants in the Bahia system. The restaurant managers need to increase staff when there is a major function such as a wedding reception. On a positive note, when we mentioned this to the Matri Di in the Don Pablo restaurant, and that we had another night reserved in the Italian restaurant (that we intended to cancel) he made reservations for us in his dining room for that night. His staff was EXCELLENT on both occasions.
The resort on the whole was very good although we noticed a big difference in the attitude of most staff compared to what we have seen in our 4 previous trips to the Bahia in Mexico. In Mexico, everyone smiles and greets you. Here hardly anyone smiles or greets you.
I did not bring my snorkel equipment on this trip because in the past I have been able to get some at the resort for free use. Here (even being a Privilege Club Member) they wanted a $50 cash deposit and would only give them out twice a day at 9:30 and 1:30. Next time I'll bring my won gear! The snack bar at the resort is located on one end of the beach and could probably stand to be enlarged (especially the rest rooms, only one person at a time could used them and when you have so many people coming to eat at the same time,they get very busy). They wait staff in the snack her was outstanding and very friendly compared to those in the buffet.
Our initial reaction was that we would not return, but as we got used to the place, we decided that is was a possibility again in a few years. Mexico is still our favorite!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Booking.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay, Caribbean