We were at this resort in Nov and we loved it so much we came back 5 weeks later. The price was
hard to ignore. Thru selloffvacations.com....we stayed here for $590.00 plus taxes. This time we flew with Air Canada which gives you extra perks we didn't get the first time. Our safe was free, we had a house coat and slippers and 4 al al cart dinners instead of 3. We also had our beach towels in the room waiting for us. We would exchange them every afternoon so we had fresh towels in the morning.
We booked this trip 2 days before we left and I emailed the resort and asked them if they could book my dinners for me and give me a higher level room. I did receive a quick reply with all my dinner dates and times. They said they would try to assist me with a nice room once I arrived at the hotel. We stayed in room 18309 the first time, and I told them I loved the room....so I got the same room again. It was perfect. From that room, you get a great view of the bay and a side view of the ocean. It was great to know where everything was and we were excited to be back.
All in all, it was a great vacation....and I would happily go back again. We love the jerk hut and we ate there every single day.
The staff is amazing, and it was funny to see peoples faces when they recognized us. Everyone was wonderful and took great care of us.
I did get sick the day we were to fly home and I ended up in MoBay Hope Hospital for almost 3 days. I sure learned a lot !! If you get sick and can't make your flight...MAKE SURE YOU GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR REP!! She was amazing and Im so grateful to her for all her help
If your a tourist and you need an ambulance, they will charge you $500.00. Runaway Bay is about an hour from the hospital. Thankfully, our bus was leaving for the airport about the same time.
They offered to drop us off at the hospital on the way by. I was so thankful.
Long story short, we were in touch every day with our Rep and they were able to get us on another flight for about $300.00 each. If you just don't show up for your flight, your ticket is null and void and you will pay full price for a flight home. We had to get out on the Friday as all the hotels were booked up and there were no open seats until after the weekend. We wouldn't have made it home for Christmas. Timing was everything, we had the ice storm here in Toronto that Friday night and we would have never made it back
MoBay Hope was certainly and eye opener, and it really makes you appreciate our hospitals here at home. It's a little tiny place, it had bugs. No hot water, no cold water. In 3 days I had 3 glasses of water, I glass of apple juice and a cup of tea. Although I was on a liquid diet, I expected better. I always felt like I was bothering them and some of the nurses sure made you feel that way too.
Im sure they get a lot of winey tourists in there and I felt like they made me suffer needlessly.
The bed beside me didn't move up and down so they used a box to prop it up.
They were able to give me a CT scan and I had x-rays too.
Thank god we had medical insurance, never leave home without it. My total costs were about
$5000.00 and Im sure I'll get it all back. Keep all your paperwork. The young lady at the front desk of the hospital is very attentive. At first you have to sign for every charge, but once I was booked in they just ran a tab. The took about $3000.00 first thing and then I was refunded for the portion I didn't use. Make sure you have a high limit on at least one of your credit cards, otherwise I don't know what you'd do.
I ended up discharging myself out of the hospital against Dr's orders once we knew we had no other options of flying home. All the hotels were fully booked with Christmas coming and I have no idea where we would have stayed.
At first I said I would never go away again, I have since changed my mind. Its a good thing your brain forgets the pain. We love to travel and this is the first time we've ever had to use our medical insurance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay, Caribbean